Got a second laptop up and running

Marie5656

How do I look? This is a backup one I bought, and promptly lost the power cord. Got new one delivered today. The older one needs a new battery,,,deciding if I want to invest in fixing it. But I do have a lot of saved memories there

OH MY GAWD!! Went to hook up printer to new computer, Been there before....done that before. Seemed to get it installed,,,,having some issues
Went to look at troubleshooting, when I get a phone call "Hello, this is random guy from India" "are you having issues?
I said the only issue was that I was muddling through getting a desktop icon for the all in one printer. So, he says, let me remote in, He did, mumbled some mumbo jumbo about having to PAY for a driver at over $100 US dollars. I basically said no..you are trying to scam me,,,,,good bye, A few more times, looking round and guess what>> I got it. For free. Damn!!

How do I look? This is a backup one I bought, and promptly lost the power cord. Got new one delivered today. The older one needs a new battery,,,deciding if I want to invest in fixing it. But I do have a lot of saved memories there
You have 2 options with the older one. Either way the old battery needs to be removed!

Option 1- There is a spring loaded slider switch on the backside that will release the old battery. Slide it to remove the old battery. You can run your laptop without a battery after removing the old battery, but it must be plugged into power all times (like a desktop). I run my laptop for 5 months that way while snow-birding in AZ.

Option 2 - A replacement battery is relatively cheap ($10-15 on Amazon).

Or, you can pay someone $100+ to do either option above.

Last edited:
You have 2 options with the older one. Either way the old battery needs to be removed!

Option 1- There is a spring loaded slider switch on the backside that will release the old battery. Slide it to remove the old battery. You can run your laptop without a battery after removing the old battery, but it must be plugged into power all times (like a desktop). I run my laptop for 5 months that way while snow-birding in AZ.

Option 2 - A replacement battery is relatively cheap ($10-15 on Amazon).

Or, you can pay someone $100+ to do either option above.
Still have not decided. I would like to keep it as a back up. If I decide to not keep the computer, I will wipe the hard drive . My personal issue as I get older, I find I sometimes have less confidence in myself being able to do what I have done in the past...like changing a laptop battery, I have to get over that mindset.

Last edited:
OK...bit the bullet..ordered a new battery. I will change it myself. I got this

Back