Not that anyone is asking

Bonnie finally starts treatment tonight! Sutter oncology couldn't get her in to implant the chemo-port thing for 2 weeks because some of them are on vacation, so one of the oncologists called her and told her to go to Sutter Hosp ER and he'll meet her there, implant the thing, run some tests, and start chemo either tonight or early in the morning/ASAP.

This whole thing is mind-blowing...that Kaiser delayed treatment for months. Since April! ...or whenever Easter was. And in all those months they didn't even refer her to oncology yet. I don't get it.

I'm gonna look into a lawsuit. I'm serious, and it seems obvious she has a case. She has a son in his mid-20s, I'll talk to him about it. He should file on his mother's behalf. He's a good kid, he's been helping her a lot and he's got youth and gumption going for him, so he could see it through, ya know?
Easter was just 5 weeks ago Frank.... but it will seem like months to you...... the very best of luck to Bonnie, I hope everything goes well for her...

Sue anyone you can over this abominable treatment. I have great med mal attorneys, but they are in NYC. See if you can find an outfit that has doctor/lawyers combo (an atty who is also an MD); look for a firm that has former judges in it, they are the best med mal.

I actually hate the idea of you getting mixed up with lawyers right now. I am so sorry for Bonnie. As for Michelle, she sounds like my DIL, knows how to get things done.

I actually hate the idea of you getting mixed up with lawyers right now. I am so sorry for Bonnie. As for Michelle, she sounds like my DIL, knows how to get things done.
I'm just really pissed. I've been reading all this stuff about the survival rate and treatments and it doesn't look good at all, and Meesh keeps telling me to stop reading that sh!t and focus on *practical things*. She's also concerned that if I pursue legal action it will put stress on Bon, and that Bon would put all her energy in that when she needs all she's got to get through treatment...and what if she'd have to do depositions and stuff? It would be taxing.

And she's right about all that. Bonnie's always up for a fight, but she's only got the strength for one right now....and barely. The last few phone calls, she sounded so freaking tired. She even nodded off a couple times.

I should just leave it to her son to sue or not...like, down the road. And I can help him get an attorney if he needs me to.

And, yep, things happen when Michelle makes a call. (literally and figuratively)

Easter was just 5 weeks ago Frank.... but it will seem like months to you...... the very best of luck to Bonnie, I hope everything goes well for her...
Oh.

Still, there's no excuse for 5 weeks to process a referral when the diagnosis is metastasized lung cancer. And the referral was still being processed last Monday, when she switched to the other provider. They got chit done within 3 days. They didn't even wait for a nod from her insurance. They'll deal with it later.

Ok, so you might find this interesting: Here in the US, hospitals known as Mercy Hospitals take donations from local merchants and businesses of all kinds and individual people, and they use that money to cover medical costs for patients who can't pay the bills or don't have insurance. Mercy Hospitals never turn patients away. The hosp where Bonnie's at is one of those.

Do you guys have them? There used to be a lot more of them here but they started disappearing a few decades ago.

Oh.

Still, there's no excuse for 5 weeks to process a referral when the diagnosis is metastasized lung cancer. And the referral was still being processed last Monday, when she switched to the other provider. They got chit done within 3 days. They didn't even wait for a nod from her insurance. They'll deal with it later.

Ok, so you might find this interesting: Here in the US, hospitals known as Mercy Hospitals take donations from local merchants and businesses of all kinds and individual people, and they use that money to cover medical costs for patients who can't pay the bills or don't have insurance. Mercy Hospitals never turn patients away. The hosp where Bonnie's at is one of those.

Do you guys have them? There used to be a lot more of them here but they started disappearing a few decades ago.
Not to my knowledge, Frank

Back