The Grocery Store Search

I just read on a different thread, that it's way too hot, in your neck of the woods, today; :oops:

and that, therefore you are not going out, anyplace, today,:confused:
@Retired Monica
(;))

I am therefore feeling very disappointed, that there's no hope of your going to the grocery store, and bringing back,
either a fun story for us, from there; :rolleyes:
Or, my groceries that you were planning to get for me, remember? :(

😄😁☺️🙃🤣
I guess that means that we all might have to wait all the way until your usual Wed. morning trip, to hear any possible news and updates, on who else shops, and if any are friendly enough to interact????😦:unsure:
😄☺️

I just read on a different thread, that it's way too hot, in your neck of the woods, today; :oops:

and that, therefore you are not going out, anyplace, today,:confused:
@Retired Monica
(;))

I am therefore feeling very disappointed, that there's no hope of your going to the grocery store, and bringing back,
either a fun story for us, from there; :rolleyes:
Or, my groceries that you were planning to get for me, remember? :(

😄😁☺️🙃🤣
I guess that means that we all might have to wait all the way until your usual Wed. morning trip, to hear any possible news and updates, on who else shops, and if any are friendly enough to interact????😦:unsure:
😄☺️
Yes, I usually do my grocery shopping once a week on Wednesday mornings. With how expensive groceries are today, I get exactly what I need for the week and hopefully I don't have to make another trip until the following week.

You could always go to the beef aisle...take the sticker off of a product that that says "Fresh Meat"...then stroll around with it stuck to your lapel.

Actually, this might be the worst idea ever. Oh dear, just trying to help. lol!

Just be careful, OK?
If anything actually happens and I doubt it will, it probably won't get any farther than just a quick chat in a grocery aisle. If for some really weird circumstance it does go further than that, I will not agree to meet with him except in a public place until I am really comfortable with the entire situation and that will take awhile.

She is my GRANDdaughter. Not my daughter. My son is 40. 🤣 She lives with my Son and his wife. She only visits me .
This thread has come about from another post I made about the possibilities of a single women(ME) finding a single man while doing their grocery shopping.

I will be posting my weekly or maybe every 10 days(whenever I go grocery shopping) adventures on possibly male prospects while grocery shopping and if anything arises such as striking up a conversation with any of them while there. We shall see where if any of this actually goes. This could end up quite funny, promising, or even dull if nothing happens. We shall see.
Hey Monica,
Are you ever coming back?
How is your experiment working?
How you found any eligible men at the grocery store? How is your granddaughter doing?

You made 200 posts in one day and left.

Frozen Racoon ?
This is something I hadn't thought about in 50 years, but it was topical and I thought it was still funny.

After the Sensuous Woman was a hit, came The Sensuous Man came out. It's from that book, the section about where or how to meet women was an example of how to meet a woman at a grocery store. Came with a cautionary that you would need a really good sense of humor to pull it off.

Excuse me, do you know where I could find the frozen raccoon? No, it's one of those frozen tv dinners.

When that was read out aloud the person I was with and I each just lost it. Completely . One of those times you just can't stop laughing. Must have been 15 minutes for both of us. That's why I could remember it.

I thought it was funny now if the original poster had been approached by a man with that line he had read the book and just maybe, the OP lady was being well looked after. ;)

If this caused you to wonder about me, you wouldn't be the first.

This is something I hadn't thought about in 50 years, but it was topical and I thought it was still funny.

After the Sensuous Woman was a hit, came The Sensuous Man came out. It's from that book, the section about where or how to meet women was an example of how to meet a woman at a grocery store. Came with a cautionary that you would need a really good sense of humor to pull it off.

Excuse me, do you know where I could find the frozen raccoon? No, it's one of those frozen tv dinners.

When that was read out aloud the person I was with and I each just lost it. Completely . One of those times you just can't stop laughing. Must have been 15 minutes for both of us. That's why I could remember it.

I thought it was funny now if the original poster had been approached by a man with that line he had read the book and just maybe, the OP lady was being well looked after. ;)

If this caused you to wonder about me, you wouldn't be the first.
I’ve had some strange ‘come on lines’ but that’s gotta be the worst. I also think I’ve got a fairly good sense of humour. You laughed for 15 minutes ……..frozen raccoon?

I don’t even have to ask what the women did.

@PeppermintPatty. At the time it was hilarious. I never tried that or any other pick up line. Book didn't say if it worked, I'm thinking it was written by the same sort of person that made up supermarket tabloid headlines.

Say, now that I think of it I recall shopping in the grocery store and a nice lady came up and offered to help me. I don't think she was on the make I was 20 or so and she was pushing 80. I think she thought I was out of my element although she did kinda look like Ruth Gordon :unsure:

@PeppermintPatty. At the time it was hilarious. I never tried that or any other pick up line. Book didn't say if it worked, I'm thinking it was written by the same sort of person that made up supermarket tabloid headlines.

Say, now that I think of it I recall shopping in the grocery store and a nice lady came up and offered to help me. I don't think she was on the make I was 20 or so and she was pushing 80. I think she thought I was out of my element although she did kinda look like Ruth Gordon :unsure:
I like laughing for a long long time. The kind of laughing where you can’t help but snort. The eyes start to tear. I’ve cried I laughed so hard. It’s a good thing to do. I can picture it but if anyone ever came up to me in a grocery store and said anything about frozen raccoons I’d have ran the other way so fast.
I don’t know who Ruth Gordon is either. This is funny. 😆

This thread has come about from another post I made about the possibilities of a single women(ME) finding a single man while doing their grocery shopping.

I will be posting my weekly or maybe every 10 days(whenever I go grocery shopping) adventures on possibly male prospects while grocery shopping and if anything arises such as striking up a conversation with any of them while there. We shall see where if any of this actually goes. This could end up quite funny, promising, or even dull if nothing happens. We shall see.
If you see a tall candidate, try reaching something on a high shelf, something too high for you. He will be glad to help out. (-8

Back