Vacation

Born_To_Lose

I haven’t had a vacation in over 4 years. I have been working anywhere from 50-70 hours a week. Tomorrow I will be 60 years old and can retire anytime after that. I will have 35 years of service with the U.S. Government. I have traveled millions of miles and lived out of a suitcase most of my life, ate restaurant food most of my life and haven’t had a Saturday and Sunday off in over 10 years. I am tired

I finally start vacation on Sunday and flying to Dubai and Abu Dhabi for 10 days. I will be flying and staying first class all the way. When I first went to Dubai, I thought if I ever get any time off, I would spend it there. I only wish my wife would be alive to be with me. She would have loved it too, but she was killed on 9/11/01 in Tower 2 and that’s when I decided to throw myself into my work.

Come on Sunday.

I haven’t had a vacation in over 4 years. I have been working anywhere from 50-70 hours a week. Tomorrow I will be 60 years old and can retire anytime after that. I will have 35 years of service with the U.S. Government. I have traveled millions of miles and lived out of a suitcase most of my life, ate restaurant food most of my life and haven’t had a Saturday and Sunday off in over 10 years. I am tired

I finally start vacation on Sunday and flying to Dubai and Abu Dhabi for 10 days. I will be flying and staying first class all the way. When I first went to Dubai, I thought if I ever get any time off, I would spend it there. I only wish my wife would be alive to be with me. She would have loved it too, but she was killed on 9/11/01 in Tower 2 and that’s when I decided to throw myself into my work.

Come on Sunday.
First off, I’m sorry for your loss.
Congratulations on your upcoming retirement and I wish you a fabulous vacation in Dubai. My brother in law used to fly there often at his last job and says it’s very interesting and exciting.

Come on Sunday.
My daughter loves Dubai...I've never been but I've seen videos, and pictures, and it's not for me, but I can see the attraction for others.

I'm so sorry.. you lost your wife in such a terrible way, it must have been devastating for you .. but this is the time now for you to enjoy everything you want, and can afford, and that is the best part of life...

have a wonderful Holiday...

What was it about Dubai that attracted you to go there? I have never been there. Just curious.
When I worked for the government, I was in Dubai twice, but never had a chance to get out and explore the area, eat the food or learn about the culture. It was always on my mind to take my wife there and enjoy the beauty, the people and the shopping. I spent too much time down in the islands. I got tired of places like Jamaica, the Virgin Islands and others. It became very repetitious.

I spent time in Aruba because I was temporarily assigned to the Natalee Holloway case. As long as you stay in the tourist area along the beach it’s beautiful and clean. Outside of that, in some areas, homes and businesses are packed together. It is a beautiful island, but I don’t need to go back. I did enjoy the food, especially the seafood. Always very fresh, seldom frozen.

When I worked for the government, I was in Dubai twice, but never had a chance to get out and explore the area, eat the food or learn about the culture. It was always on my mind to take my wife there and enjoy the beauty, the people and the shopping. I spent too much time down in the islands. I got tired of places like Jamaica, the Virgin Islands and others. It became very repetitious.

I spent time in Aruba because I was temporarily assigned to the Natalee Holloway case. As long as you stay in the tourist area along the beach it’s beautiful and clean. Outside of that, in some areas, homes and businesses are packed together. It is a beautiful island, but I don’t need to go back. I did enjoy the food, especially the seafood. Always very fresh, seldom frozen.
What role did you play in the Holloway case? Or, can’t you say?

What role did you play in the Holloway case? Or, can’t you say?
Uh, let’s see, you probably read online or heard on the news that the police in Aruba wasn’t being very cooperative with the U.S. Agents we sent down there to aid in the investigation. This was done because the Consulate General requested help. The Holloway girl was an American citizen, so by default, unless the government of Aruba tells us to stay out, we do have limited abilities investigating while there.

The police wanted our U.S. Agents gone. As with most of these island countries, there is corruption. I can’t go any further about that. However, my job was to calm the situation so our Agents could go about their business without interruption from the Aruba police. I was kind of a deflection while the Agents worked.

As a state cop, you know what we do. We do our job while respecting the people that live and work there. The problem is they don’t return the respect. Their only concern is the tourists and the money they can pick pocket or con out of them. The police wanted or tried to charge me for directions when I asked them.

Hey 911, I can tell you the following. I wasn’t aware that most of what I am going to write was on TV. When our Agents approached van der Sloot’s father, we interviewed him for almost 2 hours. When he was finished talking, his choice, three of us met out in the hallway and decided to ask him to be polygraphed.

When we went back into the room and the lead Agent asked him if he would take the polygraph, he refused. He asked if we didn’t believe him. I immediately spoke up and told him he was a liar and I challenged him to prove me wrong. That’s when he walked out of the police station. As soon as he stood up and started walking to the door, I knew he was leaving, so I said out loud. “I told you guys he was a liar.” He hesitated for a moment and then continued to walk.

We were pretty sure that the kid’s father had Natalee taken out to sea and thrown overboard. We were undecided if she was cut up and placed in separate garbage bags or not. The person that we would call here in the U.S. the Harbor Master said his one man that was on duty saw van van der Sloot’s friend leave the harbor about 2:10 a.m. and return around 4:45.

Hey 911, I can tell you the following. I wasn’t aware that most of what I am going to write was on TV. When our Agents approached van der Sloot’s father, we interviewed him for almost 2 hours. When he was finished talking, his choice, three of us met out in the hallway and decided to ask him to be polygraphed.

When we went back into the room and the lead Agent asked him if he would take the polygraph, he refused. He asked if we didn’t believe him. I immediately spoke up and told him he was a liar and I challenged him to prove me wrong. That’s when he walked out of the police station. As soon as he stood up and started walking to the door, I knew he was leaving, so I said out loud. “I told you guys he was a liar.” He hesitated for a moment and then continued to walk.

We were pretty sure that the kid’s father had Natalee taken out to sea and thrown overboard. We were undecided if she was cut up and placed in separate garbage bags or not. The person that we would call here in the U.S. the Harbor Master said his one man that was on duty saw van van der Sloot’s friend leave the harbor about 2:10 a.m. and return around 4:45.
Thanks for sharing.
I watched a lot of the case about NH on Nancy Grace and Greta.

Beth Holloway is a very strong woman, that's for sure.

I watched the series where Beth’s ex-husband spent several days on the island and with his attorney, they did a lot if investigating, but at the end, they really didn’t get any further that what they were when they started.

Back