Dreams! Do you remember yours?

Another dream from a few years ago

My dream was about my Aunty Fay coming to visit me after 50 years.
I saw this small, elderly lady walking up to my front door.
I opened the door and she said, "You must be Brett, I would recognise you anywhere."
"Yes, I am Brett, who might you be"
"I am your Aunty Fay"
"From Launceston"?
"Well I left there many years ago, but yes, I am that Aunty Fay"
"Wow, I have not seen you since that one time at Christmas when I was, what? nine or ten years old"?
"Yes, ten years old, 1972 we came to visit my sister, your mother"
"I still remember you, even though I only saw you once"

The contents of the dream get a bit more personal when Aunty Fay starts talking about my mother so I will not relate the contents here.

It just amazes me how dreams bring things up from so many years ago.

Last night I dreamt that my husband and I were looking at houses. We saw one house that looked beautiful on the outside. The owners showed us the living room, dining room and kitchen but would not show us the bedrooms. We could see the bedrooms down the hall and they looked really small. My husband kept saying that it doesn’t add up. He claimed that the bedrooms were an add on mobile trailer. Outside we checked out the backyard and the garden. My husband bent down and looked at underneath where he could see the connection of an old mobile home. The owners caught him looking and chased us off their property and tried to run us over with their car. Thats when I woke up.
Another dream from a few years ago

My dream was about my Aunty Fay coming to visit me after 50 years.
I saw this small, elderly lady walking up to my front door.
I opened the door and she said, "You must be Brett, I would recognise you anywhere."
"Yes, I am Brett, who might you be"
"I am your Aunty Fay"
"From Launceston"?
"Well I left there many years ago, but yes, I am that Aunty Fay"
"Wow, I have not seen you since that one time at Christmas when I was, what? nine or ten years old"?
"Yes, ten years old, 1972 we came to visit my sister, your mother"
"I still remember you, even though I only saw you once"

The contents of the dream get a bit more personal when Aunty Fay starts talking about my mother so I will not relate the contents here.

It just amazes me how dreams bring things up from so many years ago.
It’s amazing that you remember such details from that far back. Have you always memorized your dreams with such descriptive detail.?

I often do but not always. A couple of nights ago, I dreamt that I was back at work, sat at my desk, looking out the window and watching all the lucky people outside enjoying the sunshine.

Today, I met up with a friend I used to work with and told her about the dream and she said "Oh, that must make us the lucky people now".

It's funny how you just randomly dream about things but, perhaps it was on my mind already because I often think, when I am out and about, that not that long ago, I would have probably have been at work missing all the fun :)

Last night I dreamt that my husband and I were looking at houses. We saw one house that looked beautiful on the outside. The owners showed us the living room, dining room and kitchen but would not show us the bedrooms. We could see the bedrooms down the hall and they looked really small. My husband kept saying that it doesn’t add up. He claimed that the bedrooms were an add on mobile trailer. Outside we checked out the backyard and the garden. My husband bent down and looked at underneath where he could see the connection of an old mobile home. The owners caught him looking and chased us off their property and tried to run us over with their car. Thats when I woke up.

It’s amazing that you remember such details from that far back. Have you always memorized your dreams with such descriptive detail.?
Most dreams I have I can remember many details and I write them down for future reference.
Also to share with others.

In my dreams, nothing ever works .. car won't start, lights are half out in the house, stove won't work if in the kitchen, etc.
My great aunt used to interpret dreams. She'd say your dreams mean you're ignoring something in your life that is frustrating you. She'd say you should stop ignoring whatever that is and try to resolve it, and everything in your dreams will suddenly work.

Since quitting cannabis, I dream a lot. It’s probably because I sleep more. Some of my dreams are nightmares but some are just strange and unusual.

Last night I had a dream I’ve had before. It was about my brother who died in 1979. He was still alive but didn’t want any family members knowing. I met him at a big party.

I lost my flat sandals I was wearing too.

I’ve had this same dream before or something really similar. It’s really spooky. Another strange thing was that I met Debodun’s lawn mower guy. He was there drinking beer.

In this dream I was drinking vodka and orange but every time I tried drinking there would be a hole in my cup. I’m a non drinker so I find this puzzling.

Does anyone else have and remember strange dreams? Some of my dreams are more like nightmares.
I have remembered many of my dreams over the years, they are very detailed and colorful. Some are very positive and delightful, the rare nightmares are also detailed. I tend to have lucid dreams, so I can be aware that it's just a dream good or bad, and go with that.

I've had dreams of lilac colored chow puppies, plaid colored cats, most recent dream I was out alone in the wild, snowy day, snow on ground, walking back to my camp. Coming towards me was a rugged man with a large husky type dog, and a polar bear behind him. At first I was really scared, but he seemed to be mellow and the bear followed along with no threat of attack. I kept walking past them, and nothing bad happened.

I've had dreams of flying on my own, going over beautiful natural landscapes of trees and flowers. I could control how fast and high I went, but I just cruised along soaking in the scenery.

I've been having some doozies since I've been here and started dreaming again, very vivid and strange last night I had the most real unreal dream that I've had in a long time. I won't go into details if I did they'd move this to the underground but it was expletive, to say the least.:devilish:

I previously posted this one here 5 years ago.

This dream took me by surprise.
For some reason I went looking for my Mother whom I have not seen or spoken to in 49 years.
If she was still alive she would be about 92.
There were several people with me, though I do not know who they were. Also two dogs accompanied me. A Pug and not sure about the other one.
I had heard that she lived on Devine Rd in a suburb of Hobart, Tasmania.
So I ended up in a hotel in that suburb and was asking everyone there where Devine Rd was. No one knew where Devine Rd was.
The only thing to do was to go door knocking, asking people where the Rd was. We all traipsed out of the Hotel and began knocking and asking. For hours this went on and it was now dark. Finally one Lady told me where it was and we set out.
When finally we reached the house it was about 10 pm, I knocked on the door, a lady answered but I could not see her face because she never turned a light on, afraid of strangers?
So I asked her if she was Margaret, and used her married name when she was my Mother but I instantly corrected myself and used her new married name.
She said yes and I told her who I was. She tentatively said, "Well come in but only you, not all those other people and definitely not those mutt Pugs.
I still had not seen her face, she stepped aside to let me in. I walked past her into a totally dark house, she shut the door and I woke up.

Yayyy. Lucid dreaming IS a real thing.

Lucid dreams are when you know that you're dreaming while you're asleep. You're aware that the events flashing through your brain aren't really happening. But the dream feels vivid and real. You may even be able to control how the action unfolds, as if you're directing a movie in your sleep.

Lucid Dreams
Many years back I read all the works of Carlos Castenada. Among them was The Art of Dreaming which was sort a manual for being in control in your lucid dreams.

I had this same nightmare on and off for at least 5 years, from age 15 to 20.
I was running away from something, running for my life, across flat ground out in the countryside.
There was a tremendous roaring noise and just as the noise became almost unbearable, I looked around and there was a plane about to hit me.
I tripped and the plane went off into the sky.
Rather mild, I suppose, but still I experienced real fright, enough to always wake me up, shouting.

I have a lot of knock-knock dreams these days.....that is
when I wake suddenly from sleep due to hearing someone
knocking at my door !!!! YET there is no one there, no one
would walk up my steep drive just to knock at my door !!!!

Back