Mexico’s deadly Coca-Cola addiction causing rampant Diabetes and death

Yeah, they don't appear to get that Coca Cola is not good for you. (Nor, in the video, the lady shaman(?) who thinks diabetes is caused by yelling at people. Geez.

I've also noticed that people who drink Coke daily seem to be addicted to it. Not a good thing.
it's as close to a pandemic as C-19..in Mexico.. people are dying at a rate of knots....

I like a small can of coke every day altho I don't drink a whole can. I prefer the small cans so I don't waste as much. Or I might drink part of a Dr. Pepper, small cans again.

I have several friends that I got out to eat with. They got to have their diet coke. I keep telling them that diet coke is not good for them. They say yea my Dr. is also telling me I'm addicted to diet coke & I need to get off it so my diabetes will improve.

They carry a cooler with 6+ cans of diet coke with them where ever they go, so they can keep drinking it in the car as we travel. They will not drink water or any other beverage just diet coke.

my favourite advert of all time....:love:..just for the record, Coke and pepsi would be bankrupt in a day if they were waiting for me to buy coke.... I do drink it occasionally, don't get me wrong. I buy a 2 litre bottle and it'll last me a couple of months...

I'll drink the odd small glass of ice cold coke on a very hot summers day in the pub once in a blue moon .. because nothing gets' quite as cold as coke.. but it's rare.. ..I usually drink Still water... or add a little bit of Blackcurrant or orange cordial to my water

I have several friends that I got out to eat with. They got to have their diet coke. I keep telling them that diet coke is not good for them. They say yea my Dr. is also telling me I'm addicted to diet coke & I need to get off it so my diabetes will improve.

They carry a cooler with 6+ cans of diet coke with them where ever they go, so they can keep drinking it in the car as we travel. They will not drink water or any other beverage just diet coke.

Any excessive consumption of soda pop is Not good for a person's healthy. Diet Soda's are Especially bad, due to the artificial sweeteners used in those drinks. Those sweeteners "trick" the brain into wanting more....which is good for the pop companies, but very bad for those who drink that stuff.....a very definite contributor to the nations Obesity problems.

I do, however, like to use these sweeteners which contain "Aspartame"....I've found that stuff to be a Very Good Ant Killer.

Not sure, but we have lots of diabetics. Almost as many as Mexico. Looks like y'all do a lot better than either of us.

https://www.indexmundi.com/facts/indicators/SH.STA.DIAB.ZS/rankings
yep according to that table, we in the UK ... have very low incidences of diabetes per population compared to most countries in the world ..although I'd like to see that broken down into the separate countries ( Scotland , England, Wales & Northern Ireland).. ..the latest figures show just over 4 million people, out of a population of 67 million ..which equates to around 5.9% of the total population, with around 1/2 a million undiagnosed to be taken into consideration...

In the USA the most recent figures are 34 million Diabetics... 10% of the population
..and a whopping 88 million pre-diabetic adults over 18... https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/data/statistics-report/index.html

China however has the highest incidence of Diabetes per capita.. at 116 million.. followed very closely by India...where the figures are expected to reach 134 million in the next 2 decades...

I don't touch the stuff; haven't for many years.
you mean coke ?... well of course coke alone isn't responsible for Diabetes worldwide, as I'm sure you know RR... although of course it doesn't help in Mexico who are a country particularly addicted to coke of course which makes their Diabetic problem made worse than if they were 'just' eating cakes and sweets etc. Too much pasta, potatoes, red meat and white bread will cause your blood sugar to spike and will pile on the pounds...and people who are significantly overweight are most likely to get type 2 Diabetes..

Also the sedentary lifestyle is very much to blame..

For example, since China has become modernised, the sedentary lifestyle copied from the west has infiltrated Chinese culture, leading to people eating more and exercising less.
Until just over a decade ago, type 2 diabetes was very rare in China.
Since then the scale of the problem has led China to become a country with one of highest diabetes prevalence figures

you mean coke ?... well of course coke alone isn't responsible for Diabetes worldwide, as I'm sure you know RR... although of course it doesn't help in Mexico who are a country particularly addicted to coke of course which makes their Diabetic problem made worse than if they were 'just' eating cakes and sweets etc. Too much pasta, potatoes, red meat and white bread will cause your blood sugar to spike and will pile on the pounds...and people who are significantly overweight are most likely to get type 2 Diabetes..

Also the sedentary lifestyle is very much to blame..

For example, since China has become modernised, the sedentary lifestyle copied from the west has infiltrated Chinese culture, leading to people eating more and exercising less.
Until just over a decade ago, type 2 diabetes was very rare in China.
Since then the scale of the problem has led China to become a country with one of highest diabetes prevalence figures
Yes I mean coke, any cola or any soda.

Those sweeteners "trick" the brain into wanting more..

There is a guy with YouTube videos who says the cola companies put salt into the soda pop that people don't taste because the drink is so sweet, but the salt makes people thirsty so they drink more. I don't know if it is true.

This is one of the guy's videos, it is really old (dozen years ago), he has more recent ones, he is getting old now I think he is my age, ha ha.

Any excessive consumption of soda pop is Not good for a person's healthy. Diet Soda's are Especially bad, due to the artificial sweeteners used in those drinks. Those sweeteners "trick" the brain into wanting more....which is good for the pop companies, but very bad for those who drink that stuff.....a very definite contributor to the nations Obesity problems.

I do, however, like to use these sweeteners which contain "Aspartame"....I've found that stuff to be a Very Good Ant Killer.
Yes, FDA approved use of things like Aspartame in sodas on basis of studies done and paid for by the companies that make those sweeteners, they are actually more addictive than natural sugars.

Your last sentence reminds of watching my #2 DH clean corrosion on car battery posts by pouring coke over them (with the cables to engine disconnected).

Back