Wild West Aldi London

hollydolly

SF VIP
A bizarre fight involving two women and tubes of Aldi Christmas wrapping paper has been mocked on social media, with some suggesting it's a sign the festive 'shopping season has begun'.

The strange incident, which was filmed today in Hounslow's Aldi, saw two women in a furious verbal altercation that soon turned ugly.

Despite desperate Aldi staff trying to keep the peace, the two women reached for the wrapping paper and began furiously beating each other over the head with it.

After the crowd pulls the two fighters apart, the pair resort to launching the paper instead - although with limited success.

78070143-12775959-Despite_desperate_Aldi_staff_trying_to_keep_the_peace_the_two_wo-m-47_1700585167815.jpg
78070147-12775959-The_strange_incident_which_was_filmed_today_in_Hounslow_s_Aldi_s-m-46_1700585160009.jpg

Video brawl at the checkouts

Nothing like naked, rabid materialism to bring out the 'best' in human nature. I would say that such incidents as this serve to drive a stake into the heart of the holiday spirit, but that deed had been done long ago, thanks to aggressive marketing and retail practices.
well I doubt Aldi has much worth fighting over ...:D

I try to avoid all major stores during the holiday season. I'll go to our local supermarket though, because it's virtually empty when I go at 8:00 a.m. So I'm wondering, was that the last pack of wrapping paper with a design so pretty that it was worth fighting over? :unsure:

I try to avoid all major stores during the holiday season. I'll go to our local supermarket though, because it's virtually empty when I go at 8:00 a.m. So I'm wondering, was that the last pack of wrapping paper with a design so pretty that it was worth fighting over? :unsure:
I don't think they were fighting over the wrapping paper... they were using the wrapping paper which is stocked by the tills ..as a weapon....

One year back in the 80s at the holidays, there were a couple of gals here I knew who were running all over town trying to find a particular wrapping paper (gold IIRC) to wrap all their gifts in. Like any of the kids, or anybody else for that matter lol, they were buying gifts for give a darn what the wrapping paper they're gonna tear off looked like. Waste of gasoline money if you ask me.

Back