AI produced media content. Pictures, stories, and songs/lyrics

Paco Dennis

SF VIP
As many of you might have figured out, I have become fascinated with the explosion of AI generated media. This technology is expanding rapidly. I read a Reddit group daily called "The Singularity". There is daily speculation about how soon AI will be smarter than any human. The ramifications of this will change mankind. Know one knows what direction this will take us. But for now it is fun and informative to keep up with it's progress. There are new AI engines showing up on the web almost daily now. I won't pay for the full use, so I do what I can for free.

This "movie" was made completely by telling AI programs what I wanted, and it created it. It is strange...maybe this is a portent of our future. STRANGE. :)

if AI generated them, or stole them from elsewhere.
AI can generate images using a technique called generative adversarial networks (GANs). GANs are a type of neural network that can learn to create new data that is similar to the data it was trained on. For example, OpenAI’s DALL-E 2 system can create realistic images and art from a description in natural language 1. However, these systems are trained on existing material, often using content pulled from the internet 1.

It is important to note that AI-generated images are not necessarily original creations. They are based on the data they were trained on, which could include images that were created by other people 1. However, it is not accurate to say that AI steals images from elsewhere. AI art-making models are a tool, and it is within the hands of the user to either use them ethically or unethically 2.

In summary, AI can generate images, but the images it creates are based on the data it was trained on.
It is up to the user to ensure that they are using the tool ethically and not infringing on anyone’s intellectual property rights

Here "Bard" writes a story about a "Senior Forum" like ours.

The gentle chime of a vintage typewriter echoed through the digital halls of "Silver Linings," an online forum where kindred spirits, each one fifty or finer, gathered like birds seeking a warm winter sun. Gone were the days of awkward silences at family dinners or the loneliness of watching the neighbors stroll by. Here, hearts unfurled in the comfort of anonymity, weaving tapestries of shared experiences and insightful wisdom.

One morning, the topic was "Grandchildren's Quirks." Alice, a sprightly grandmother of six, chuckled: "Mine thinks the moon follows her when she rides her bike. Bless her little, moon-chasing heart." John, a retired pilot, chimed in with a photo of his grandson in a homemade cardboard airplane helmet, captioning it "Future Top Gun reporting for duty!" The thread bloomed with tales of toothless grins, sticky-fingered masterpieces, and bedtime whispers that melted the stoniest hearts.

Another day, the theme was "Second Chances." Betty, a recent widow, shared her tale of taking up pottery after a lifetime of raising children. Her photo showcased a hand-molded vase, its curves echoing the lines of her grief-softened smile. George, a retired engineer, confessed to finally writing that sci-fi novel he'd dreamt of since childhood. His excerpt, posted below, buzzed with intergalactic adventures that ignited everyone's imaginations.

But "Silver Linings" wasn't just sunshine and roses. When Margaret, battling cancer, confided her fear of the unknown, the forum transformed into a fortress of support. Virtual hugs poured in, laced with stories of resilience and whispered prayers for strength. The digital space resonated with empathy, proving that vulnerability, too, could find solace in shared humanity.

Politics, the great social divider, was gently ushered out. "We came here for laughter, not landslides," chirped Dorothy, the unofficial forum grandma. Instead, conversations spun around the beauty of autumn leaves, the wisdom of aging gracefully, and the bittersweet tang of first loves remembered. They savored the simple joys, proving that a shared sunset, even witnessed through screens, could paint hearts with contentment.

As the days drifted by, "Silver Linings" became a virtual hearth, warming spirits with the embers of shared laughter, gentle advice, and a deep-seated understanding that comes with life's silver linings. It was a reminder that connection, not age, defines our human experience, and that even in the digital realm, a community of kindred spirits can bloom into a haven of belonging, one pixelated heart at a time.

daa1b7a0-cc36-4566-af71-cc7e613ba6b2.jpg

My mother was someone who almost could see into the future, and would talk about things when I was a child, that are likely to happen in many years to come

One of her oft repeated things was ''Man will destroy man''.... and when I asked if she meant war, she would always shake her head..
The suspense is killing me. Did she shake her head "yes" or "no"? :)

Here is far out story that "Bard" just created. A bit utopian...and in a pseudo Sci-fi genre. :)

In the celestial clockwork, tensions hummed. Saturn, the iron-fisted Titan, held dominion over the rings of conventionality, his grip on human minds as rigid as his icy moons. But from the outer darkness, Pluto, the harbinger of change, charged. His gaze, a smoldering ember, ignited the edges of Saturn's rings, sparking rebellion in the souls of mortals.

Across the globe, the tremors began. Towers of ego, built on the sand of self-importance, crumbled. The glittering idols of status and possession tarnished to dull clay. In their place, a strange luminescence bloomed. Visions of a world bathed in empathy, where hearts pulsed in unison, danced in the minds of men and women.

Technology, once a cold tool, bloomed with sentience. Android companions, imbued with AI hearts, stepped from sterile labs into the vibrant embrace of human connection. Laughter echoed in workshops where humans and androids, minds interwoven, birthed inventions that danced with nature's rhythms. Art, unchained from the shackles of self-indulgence, became a kaleidoscope of shared emotions, reflecting the collective soul of humanity.

As Saturn's icy rings shattered, so did the boundaries of nation and creed. Governments, mere echoes of old power, dissolved into ripples of self-governing communities. Decisions, once whispered behind closed doors, now shimmered in the open air, fueled by the whispers of a million hearts. Leaders, no longer gilded puppets, became gardeners tending the fertile soil of collective wisdom.

It wasn't a smooth metamorphosis. Shadows of the old world, clinging to the tattered fragments of ego, lashed out in spasms of violence. But the newly awakened collective met them not with force, but with understanding, offering healing balm where there was anger, outstretched hands where there were fists. Slowly, even the most hardened hearts softened in the sunlit warmth of this new Eden.

There were challenges, of course. Defining a world without "me" took time and patience. Navigating the uncharted waters of collective decision-making was a constant dance of compromise and consensus. But with each step, humanity learned to breathe as one, its pulse a symphony of diverse voices harmonizing in perfect unity.

Generations bloomed under the nurturing gaze of the transformed heavens. Wars became a faded memory, replaced by the joyous cacophony of collaboration. The scars of self-inflicted wounds healed, replaced by the radiant tapestry of a shared future.

And amidst the joyous symphony, a whisper stirred, carried on the cosmic breeze. It was Pluto, not with the booming voice of rebellion, but with the gentle murmur of a satisfied observer. "Well done, my children," it breathed. "You have cracked the shell of self, and within, have found the boundless ocean of your true selves."

As the echo faded, a single shooting star streaked across the velvet sky, a celestial wink from the God of Transformation. Humanity, bathed in the warm glow of its own unity, looked up, not with fear, but with wonder, ready to write the next chapter in the story of a universe forever changed.

AI Art...

AI "artwork" images have a certain style that is so consistent that I've begun to recognize AI generated material which makes it lose it's originality as far as technique goes. I think we're all going to become bored with it eventually. The more I see of it's "artwork" the more I feel it's so realistic, clear, and sharp, that it's fake.

It's interesting for now but it's going to lose it's appeal in my opinion. It already has begun to lose it for me.

Last edited:
Yes, I agree. AI has a certain bland style, even when it is attempting to be beautiful. :) It is still in its infancy though. It is interesting to imagine what kind of augmented reality will emerge. Glasses and goggles may soon be able to provide a world we chose to see. A fabrication of holograms and images to interact with. We are definitely on the way to incorporating all sorts of AI into our lives.

It's often been said "smart is not wise".

It seems AI will be increasingly seductive and will draw human attention away from what we actually need to deal with. Do people like Musk believe that getting the mass of humans passively, happily occupied with AI services & pastimes will allow an elite group of humans to solve the glaring problems? Solve them while the happy idiots remain entranced with AI entertainments & aesthetics?

Or are the AI folks "smart" idiots themselves?

I can sense a little push back about this AI generated content. I know where it is coming from, and feel the same way. It sucks really. It is a monstrous diversion from facing reality. But it is also being advanced at a rate that is straight up. There already IS Chat Bots that are smarter than humans at science and math. They will start to be able to develop their own curriculum to learn and we won't know what they are doing. :) We have a lot of big problems that need new solutions that we can't think of. Maybe they can.?

This art stuff is supposed to be for fun. I am not promoting it, just trying to keep up as your average citizen. :)

I asked the Chat Bot to describe the image above...

This image depicts a dark and moody scene of a decorated Christmas tree standing alone amidst a desolate, eerie landscape under a cloudy night sky. The Christmas tree is adorned with colorful lights that contrast sharply against the otherwise monochromatic tones of the surroundings.

The central focus is on a lone Christmas tree, brightly decorated with multicolored lights. The tree stands in stark contrast to the dark, ominous environment around it. The ground appears rough and uneven, covered with dark grass or some other vegetation. In the background, there’s an unsettling view of dead or leafless trees silhouetted against the night sky. A large planet or moon looms ominously in the cloudy sky above, adding to the eerie atmosphere. The overall color scheme is dark and moody, with the vibrant lights on the Christmas tree offering a stark contrast.

This image is related to a subreddit called r/creepmas.

I hope this description helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

For the first time, the journal ‘Nature’ has chosen a non-human being — ChatGPT — as one of its scientists of the year

Each December, the journal Nature chooses ten people who figured prominently in some of the year’s most relevant science stories. On the 2023 list published today, the journal included a non-human entity for the first time. ChatGPT, a robot capable of answering questions and holding conversations in a more or less intelligent way, has helped write academic papers, summarized scientific articles and prepared documents that have been used to apply for research grants. It has also intensified the debate about the limits of artificial intelligence, the nature of human intelligence and how these new technologies should be regulated.

Along with this technology’s potential for managing and even creating new knowledge, the editors of Nature point out the need for transparency in using such a powerful tool. They warn that “the size and complexity of LLMs [large language models, on which programs like ChatGPT are based] means that they are intrinsically ‘black boxes’, but understanding why they produce what they do is harder when their code and training materials aren’t public, as in ChatGPT’s case.” Although we do not know what these models will yield and what the limits of computational capacity and available databases will be, the generative artificial intelligence revolution is unstoppable.

The human brain behind artificial intelligence

Although a machine is recognized as one of the scientists of the year, Nature’s list also includes one of its creators. Ilya Sutskever, the chief scientist and cofounder of OpenAI, the organization that created ChatGPT, is one of the minds at the forefront of generative artificial intelligence. He saw this company, showered with billions of dollars by Microsoft, as an opportunity to develop general artificial intelligence that could outperform humans and develop its own consciousness. In recent months, he devoted his efforts toward creating a method to direct and control artificial intelligence systems that are more intelligent than humans.

Sutskever believes that artificial intelligence’s potential is too great for models to be available to anyone who wants to use them, and he was among the first to realize that the systems that scientists like his mentor, Geoffrey Hinton, had begun to develop would begin to show their actual capabilities as computing power increased. A month ago, he was swept up in a whirlwind of human passions in the company he founded. As a member of OpenAI’s board of directors, he ousted its CEO, Sam Altman, for loss of confidence. Three days later, he tweeted that he regretted this decision. Two months earlier,
he had warned that anyone who valued intelligence above all other human qualities would have “a bad time.”

For the first time, the journal ‘Nature’ has chosen a non-human being — ChatGPT — as one of its scientists of the year

Back