Anyone use L'Oreal Ever Pure Purple Shampoo/conditioner

I paid about $19 for both. I don't have any yellowish or brassy tones in my gray hair so I didn't buy them for that. I just thought it would make my gray/white hair look better, I don't know, more vibrant or something. Usually, I just use Head and Shoulders shampoo/conditioner, both for about $14. Any recommendations for gray/white hair?

Products can build up on hair and that really dulls gray/white hair. Wash your hair with some shampoo with baking soda mixed in. Do a final rinse with vinegar added. Do as often as needed.
This is what I would do too minus the baking soda. My skin breaks out. The ACV rinse is a must for balancing out pH level 2 tbsp per litre . You don’t need much. It really softens hair and helps take anyway stains. The vinegar smell goes.

I paid about $19 for both. I don't have any yellowish or brassy tones in my gray hair so I didn't buy them for that. I just thought it would make my gray/white hair look better, I don't know, more vibrant or something. Usually, I just use Head and Shoulders shampoo/conditioner, both for about $14. Any recommendations for gray/white hair?
Head and shoulders less than £5.00 for both in the UK

yes I've used Loreal purple shampoo...£6.00 in Boots.. and other brands... In summer the sun bleaches my hair, an especially after swimming, so I use it once a month to keep the yellow out of my hair..

Head and shoulders less than £5.00 for both in the UK

yes I've used Loreal purple shampoo...£6.00 in Boots.. and other brands... In summer the sun bleaches my hair, an especially after swimming, so I use it once a month to keep the yellow out of my hair..
But you have blonde hair right, hollydolly? Your hair does look great in any photos that I have seen of you.

I've used purple shampoo. I stopped because of breakage.
I just use the conditioner now. That does the trick.
Try the shampoo but I wouldn't advise using more than once a week.

Products can build up on hair and that really dulls gray/white hair. Wash your hair with some shampoo with baking soda mixed in. Do a final rinse with vinegar added. Do as often as needed.

This is what I would do too minus the baking soda. My skin breaks out. The ACV rinse is a must for balancing out pH level 2 tbsp per litre . You don’t need much. It really softens hair and helps take anyway stains. The vinegar smell goes.
Can you rinse out your hair, after the vinegar, and still have the desired effect?
I have trouble with the vinegar, that's needed to clean the cool mist humidifier.

Can you rinse out your hair, after the vinegar, and still have the desired effect?
I have trouble with the vinegar, that's needed to clean the cool mist humidifier.
Sure can. You’ll get the pH balance effects but it won’t be as soft and shiny. I pure vinegar in our humidifiers too. Keep it from getting clogged with minerals but also keeps the air fresh too.

I've used purple shampoo. I stopped because of breakage.
I just use the conditioner now. That does the trick.
Try the shampoo but I wouldn't advise using more than once a week.
Yes, I've used Clairol Shimmering Lights shampoo and conditioner for years and I found that using the shampoo too much will cause my hair to be very dry, I've started using a Revlon moisturising shampoo and the Clairol Shimmering Lights conditioner with good results.

Yes, I've used Clairol Shimmering Lights shampoo and conditioner for years and I found that using the shampoo too much will cause my hair to be very dry, I've started using a Revlon moisturising shampoo and the Clairol Shimmering Lights conditioner with good results.
Hi Jackie?
What hair type do you have?
Dry curly? Straight oily? Mixed - wavy?

I started using a shampoo bar, and I really like it, and it cleans my hair and seems to leave it soft and silky. They come in all kinds, including the purple shampoo, and we have tried several different ones, with coconut oil and almond oil , and I like using it better than regular shampoo.

Hi Jackie?
What hair type do you have?
Dry curly? Straight oily? Mixed - wavy?
Hi PP.....my hair is different shades of grey/white, wavy and tends to turn yellow and dry in spots from the shampoo and too much heat with curling iron.....hence the purple conditioner that takes care of that and leaves it silver. I also use different moisturizers occasionally.

Hi PP.....my hair is different shades of grey/white, wavy and tends to turn yellow and dry in spots from the shampoo and too much heat with curling iron.....hence the purple conditioner that takes care of that and leaves it silver. I also use different moisturizers occasionally.
I’m wondering about hair texture more than hair colour. I got some Redken ‘so soft’ for dry frizzy hair. Mine texture is dry/ coarse/wavy/ curly

I started using a shampoo bar, and I really like it, and it cleans my hair and seems to leave it soft and silky. They come in all kinds, including the purple shampoo, and we have tried several different ones, with coconut oil and almond oil , and I like using it better than regular shampoo.
I personally love using bar shampoo but since using our wood stove, needed to switch. My hair is drying out.

Texture......mine used to be very coarse, not so much now and can get frizzy if I don't stay on top of it.....seems my skin and hair both tend to be dry dry with old age, I go through tons of moisturizer. I also use different no frizz products....it's a battle..lol

So I'm the original poster and I have used the L'Oreal purple shampoo/conditioner twice and my hair seems thicker and shinier. So I'm happy with that. I have a lot of hair but it is thin hair.

Back