Anything 80's.....Music, Movies, TV, Fads, Fashion or anything else.

This is a remarkable photo! I've never seen it before. Did it win any awards?
The young Soviet soldiers standing at the opening does something to the soul.
I find it very emotional.

Thanks @MarkinPhx !
I don't know if it won any rewards but it is a great picture. When I do think back about the 80's, the fall of East Germany and the uprising by the people of Poland are two of the things that pop into my mind. It seemed so surreal at the time.

On August 1, 1981, MTV: Music Television goes on the air for the first time ever, with the words (spoken by one of MTV’s creators, John Lack): “Ladies and gentlemen, rock and roll.”

The Buggles’ “Video Killed the Radio Star” was the first music video to air on the new cable television channel, which initially was available only to households in parts of New Jersey.

MTV went on to revolutionize the music industry and become an influential source of pop culture and entertainment in the United States and other parts of the world, including Europe, Asia and Latin America.

MTV launches | August 1, 1981 | HISTORY

Yes. Happened right at the start of 1980 so it counts ) What is amazing about that game is it was tape delayed. I watched in in California and had no idea that the US had already won.
Thx! We watched those games with excitement. Later, when I was in NYC one day I spoke with a few of the team as they were boarding their bus in front of the Met, where I was headed.

Back