Are you happy you were born before computers were invented?

I'd expect very few adults in recent decades have ever actually wondered whether can "they go without one <a computer>". It has been a slowly compared to our puny lifetimes, evolving modern culture societal experience. Instead they use computers for purposes. But yeah, I can imagine hearing some hypothetical mom telling her kids what life used to be like and then getting kids behavioral defensive push backs.

But yeah, I can imagine hearing some hypothetical mom telling her kids what life used to be like and then getting kids behavioral defensive push backs.
I feel like I see the opposite of that on places like Reddit. Young people seem to think it's so cool to not be online. Some see it as a badge of honor when they go off social media. But of course, it's integrated into their lives as it is with everyone else, so it's harder for them.

I am definitely glad I grew up before computers. I've seen teenagers making videos on their phones from their beautiful, clean CARS complaining how terrible and hopeless life is. They are bored and feel there is no point in anything.

What is wrong with this picture???? As a teen, a few of the boys had cars, not always nice ones either. We'd all pile in and drive to the woods to hike, to the beach to swim, to the hangout to socialize. Boys would cruise for hours and pick up girls and we'd all do something or just enjoy the breeze in our hair and riding in a car with someone under forty.

Kids today don't know how to think and create their own fun like my generation did. They don't know how to be grateful for abundance. It's a sad change.

Rudimentary computers were in use in WW 2. 1955 Quantum Mechanics was being studied in college.
The First Computer was invented hundreds of years ago. We screw stuff up, it's what we are really good at.

I am going with the public is getting addicted to constant entertainment that is the awful stuff happening.

Back