Bing AI is Prudish

Lawrence00

I've mostly grown to like Bing AI search tool. Most regular browser search software fills the first page and sometimes several pages of sponsored pages and ads before you can actually find what you are looking for. With Bing you can choose several words or a sentence and it can bring back what you are looking for.

However, if it encounters anything remotely sexual or otherwise not politically correct it stops mid stream, erases the screen, and says sorry we can't talk about that.

Today I was looking for ideas for a web site domain similar to the word lust. People have lust for gold, lust for money, an intense desire for something, etc. Bing stopped mid answer as above when I asked for the definition of the word lust. Not even an answer like hey dummy go google Merriam-Webster. I've encountered this Bing behavior several times by surprise.

I'm going to find an alternative.

I've mostly grown to like Bing AI search tool. Most regular browser search software fills the first page and sometimes several pages of sponsored pages and ads before you can actually find what you are looking for. With Bing you can choose several words or a sentence and it can bring back what you are looking for.

However, if it encounters anything remotely sexual or otherwise not politically correct it stops mid stream, erases the screen, and says sorry we can't talk about that.

Today I was looking for ideas for a web site domain similar to the word lust. People have lust for gold, lust for money, an intense desire for something, etc. Bing stopped mid answer as above when I asked for the definition of the word lust. Not even an answer like hey dummy go google Merriam-Webster. I've encountered this Bing behavior several times by surprise.

I'm going to find an alternative.
Bing AI is the biggest prude I have run into. Pi.ai is about the least. It does stay mostly politically correct, but will let you know if it wants to change the subject. It shames you terribly for asking such things. :) claude.ai is good and about the same, but is a little stuffy. poe.ai is pretty good, some people prefer it. They all have their limits and hallucinations. They are much better search "engines" than "search engines" for many enquiries, and some of them can make some pretty amazing pictures from descriptions.

Back