Covid is Back For a Third Time

Yea you can't convince folks who are illogical and won't recognize the facts. In other words, you can't fix stupid!
I suspect that for many Vax haters it’s more than just stupid. I have a niece who faints at the sight of a needle. Her fear is not that uncommon, it’s know as Trypanophobia.
Fear of needles - Wikipedia

Bottom line, illogical fear of vaccines is wide spread, but not limited to a fear of needles. Here is a broad reaching discussion of those other misconceptions.
What's Behind the Fear of Vaccines?

I just got word that my friend and her husband are both down with Covid. Her doctor told her that it is everywhere. We are in metro Atlanta. I had just come back from grocery shopping at Walmart and I did not wear a mask. They are very active people but we are all octogenarians and need to be careful.

Australia is a heavily vaccinated and boosted country because their laws were some of the strictest, as I recall, from the very start. Is it a possibility that all this boosting has weakened their residents' immune systems? Just an intelligent question because we really know little about how this vaccine will play out over time and never in human history has the younger generation been sacrificed for the old. So I have some hard questions to ask.
:unsure:
Not a hard question to answer. Boosters are designed to deal with the most recent Covid variant. In doing so they may also enhance the effectiveness of the original vaccine.
Complete Guide to COVID-19 Booster Shots

No, chic, that is not at all possible - that isnt how vaccines or immunity works.

Residents of nursing homes are vulnerable to all infectious diseases because they are old and frail and have complex medical conditions - nevertheless Covid is less severe i n them, on average, than it was i n the early days - because they are vaccinated and because they can access anti virals

Heard from a reliable source that a larger nursing home in my town had over 30 employees test positive. I didn't hear about the patients but you know some did too.

Idiot me still wearing that mask everywhere and always relieve to see someone else doing the same.

Covid was alive and well in October 2019 in the USA. Plenty of Elders had the Pneumonia symptoms that fall before it was diagnosed.
Sure it came from Chinese Labs. 1000's of Chinese were landing every week in the USA and all over the world. So deal with Virus, they keep changing, mutating and on and on. No end. Our immune system can deal with the threat or not. Individually is where it is. Sure the Old Crag Politicians are scared to death. They never had to have any Courage.
A boot up their asses is the best way to kick em off their thrones of mighty B.S.!

Get the Stab or don't, who the **** cares. Whine all you want about loosing friends because you do what you choose. cough and choke in a mask all you want or don't. U R just one person. You will make more mistakes in the future. Now WTFC's Nurses, Dr's, medical workers get the stabs, young should get them, sure a couple in a 100,000 it didn't matter. Life is what it is. Go for help is always a wise choice with a stab that is working fairly well. Johnson & Johnson was not so good at first. Sure, we are also guinea pigs.

Last edited:
Well it's back for a 3rd time at the nursing home where I work. Most of us suspect it came from all of the visitors during the Christmas season. The first time of course, was the worst. The second time it was around for about a month. This time, it was first noticed last Tuesday. This strain has just been a nuisance so far. N95 mask and goggles (no face shields yet). The symptoms that residents are showing aren't as worrisome as the original strain. Staff have to take the old nasal swab twice a week now. I'm not too worried, but I'm officially the oldest employee. I'm okay and the staff that have tested positive, have had just minor symptoms. So I hope it stays that way, and just goes away.

But it looks like to us that Covid will never completely go away for good. We have to just accept it and hope that it will never be as bad as the original strain.
The Strain keeps changing and so do the Stabs to help your immune system id it early. U aren't immune, your immune system has to deal with it. It not a gods help, its is just a way to have a better chance to not get really sick. The young people We know ( 20 - 65 ) are ok in 3 or 4 days with the newer stain. They have their shots, they work in school systems. Someone blows a snot glob at cha you're gonna get unwell in a day or so.

A 60's + gal was walking around Wally World the other day coughing and choking up spray like Typhoid Mary. Sure, get things right. Truth is Truth!

Get your stabs for disease or don't. Whine like Stab hater from Green bay and I just wipe your crap off my sleeve.

Last edited:
Well it's back for a 3rd time at the nursing home where I work. Most of us suspect it came from all of the visitors during the Christmas season. The first time of course, was the worst. The second time it was around for about a month. This time, it was first noticed last Tuesday. This strain has just been a nuisance so far. N95 mask and goggles (no face shields yet). The symptoms that residents are showing aren't as worrisome as the original strain. Staff have to take the old nasal swab twice a week now. I'm not too worried, but I'm officially the oldest employee. I'm okay and the staff that have tested positive, have had just minor symptoms. So I hope it stays that way, and just goes away.

But it looks like to us that Covid will never completely go away for good. We have to just accept it and hope that it will never be as bad as the original strain.
I had the covid shot today (didn't last year) Asked the nurse if we'd ever get herd immunity. He said that will never happen.

LOL, I'm a pin-cushion.

Took the max 3 today;
Covid, Senior Flu and RSV.

If they let me, I would have added another shingles vax. I had shingles last year, but it wasn't too bad. Yes, it hurt, but not agonizing as I've heard some people experienced. It was limited to the left side of my back and a little across the left side of my chest. Although I say it wasn't as bad as some people's, I don't want it again!

Maybe I'll get it over the summer.

We had Covid about three weeks ago. I was coughing and tested negative. DH started to cough a few hours later and he tested positive immediately. It was only on the third test that evening that I tested positive. He was put on Paxlovid; you have to be 75 and have a secondary issue. He wasn’t too ill and it was like I had a bad cold. Then he had rebound Covid a couple of weeks later. We were both thankful that we’d had all the shots and boosters. We didn’t end up in the hospital like some seniors here have recently.

I had the covid shot today (didn't last year) Asked the nurse if we'd ever get herd immunity. He said that will never happen.
Herd immunity happens when a disease culls the population by killing off the weak. Those that survive have better working immune systems and theoretically, they pass that advantage onto their offspring. The disease doesn't go away, and the pathogens keep mutating. It would take many generations for herd immunity to develop to a new pathogen.

That is one form of herd immunity - and explains why diseases like measles were catastrophic in indiginous populations not previously exposed like European peoples were.

There is also herd immunity in that even if a disease enters a population it doesn't spread if more people are vaccinated and don't get it to pass it on.
This works best in viruses which are stable and also have long acting vaccines/ natural immunity such as measles.

Not very good in diseases like influenza or covid which mutate periodically and the vaccine is not as highly effective or long lasting.

This works best in viruses which are stable and also have long acting vaccines/ natural immunity such as measles.

Not very good in diseases like influenza or covid which mutate periodically and the vaccine is not as highly effective or long lasting.
The Covid boosters which are frequently issued are created specifically to target the periodic mutations you referred to. The wife and I get those boosters as soon as possible after they are issued — an important practice for those our age.

BTW, I have previously posted about studies that showed a decreased likelihood of Alzheimers in those vaccinated for Flu. There is an ongoing investigation of the possibility that other vaccines that activate the immune system, like the Covid Vax, may have a similar effect.

“Routine vaccines linked with lower Alzheimer's risk”​

Alzheimer's disease: Common vaccines tied to lower risk

Last edited:
We had Covid about three weeks ago. I was coughing and tested negative. DH started to cough a few hours later and he tested positive immediately. It was only on the third test that evening that I tested positive. He was put on Paxlovid; you have to be 75 and have a secondary issue. He wasn’t too ill and it was like I had a bad cold. Then he had rebound Covid a couple of weeks later. We were both thankful that we’d had all the shots and boosters. We didn’t end up in the hospital like some seniors here have recently.
My wife and I have had a similar experience. Fully vaccinated, tested positive twice, Paxlovid once, and much like a common cold. No need to be hospitalized, just a lot of nose blowing.

The Strain keeps changing and so do the Stabs to help your immune system id it early. U aren't immune, your immune system has to deal with it. It not a gods help, its is just a way to have a better chance to not get really sick. The young people We know ( 20 - 65 ) are ok in 3 or 4 days with the newer stain. They have their shots, they work in school systems. Someone blows a snot glob at cha you're gonna get unwell in a day or so.

A 60's + gal was walking around Wally World the other day coughing and choking up spray like Typhoid Mary. Sure, get things right. Truth is Truth!

Get your stabs for disease or don't. Whine like Stab hater from Green bay and I just wipe your crap off my sleeve.
What's Wally World? Is that slang for Walmart? There isn't one anywhere near me for some reason. :unsure:

And like you said, even being vaccinated isn't 100% fool proof because of the variants I suppose. I was listening to Thom Harmann's podcast yesterday and he was saying a friend of his who was up to date on his vaccines/boosters, at some point earlier in the month became infected with covid and the second day of symptoms went to the hospital because he felt so wretched (didn't know he had covid at that point) and two days later, he died.

I'm making a point of staying up to date because I want to give myself the best possible chance to fight it off if I come in contact. I remember all too well, the last time I got the flu and it was awful and I was a lot younger then, so I try to be careful now.

The Covid boosters which are frequently issued are created specifically to target the periodic mutations you referred to. The wife and I get those boosters as soon as possible after they are issued — an important practice for those our age.

You quoted my post to say that

I was not saying the vaccines are not effective at what they do - just that, because of the frequency of mutation., we will not acheive herd immunity for Covid, i n the same way as we do for a stable virus like measles.

Swallow a great Herb that increases your immune system. Thas wisdom more or less talking.
And its like giving a good bottle of wine price wise.

You quoted my post to say that

I was not saying the vaccines are not effective at what they do - just that, because of the frequency of mutation., we will not acheive herd immunity for Covid, i n the same way as we do for a stable virus like measles.
Your post reminded me of my measles experience. In my twenties and in the navy I was on leave and home in California. Woke up one morning feeling a little off. Looked in the mirror, very blotchy. Drove to the Oak Knoll Naval Hospital, walked in and approached the nurse receptionist. She took one look and said step back please. Spent the rest of my leave in isolation.

I have had COVID a few times. The first time was the worse, but I didn’t end up in the hospital. It’s a shame what this disease has done to the families that have lost loved ones.
IDK. I have never believed covid 19 was not planned and unleashed deliberately. I never believed in the wet market theory and the disease jumping species. If this should be proven true, someone responsible for all this grief should pay the price for it. Maybe many will disagree with me, but it's just my opinion on the subject. It's an angle to consider anyway.

Swallow a great Herb that increases your immune system. Thas wisdom more or less talking.
And its like giving a good bottle of wine price wise.
On the other hand, very healthy people have still caught covid and gotten either very sick and it lasted or have even died. So I don't know if you have a particular herb in mind, but a vaccine has a better chance of keeping you from dying or at the very least, from getting so sick that you wind up in the ICU.

Back