Grandchildren are so fascinating and loveable.

At age 4 (now being 5) my grandson entered a transitional kindergarten class at a public school. Today the school had an "open house," and we spent some time admiring and praising all of the work he has done in class. He was so proud of it. Looking around, we also saw a cage with a finch and an aquarium with some goldfish in the classroom. BTW, he is unable to walk. He just runs and runs, and I cannot catch him.

IMGP3053.JPGIMGP3056.JPGIMGP3049.JPGIMGP3057.JPGIMGP3045.JPG

Last edited:
They are so sweet, cute and fun at that age! I remember all of my (5) grands when they were pre-schoolers, then kindergartners. Now they are adults and all taller than me. It's great that you got a chance to go to the open house. His work in the red binder is impressive! Treasure these years Packleader, because they go by so fast.

Aahhh, 5 years old. In only 10 years, they'll be slamming doors, and calling you a lousy parent because you won't let them sleep overnight in a NYC subway station.

I remember going with my late sister to drop off her somewhat-difficult teenage daughter at a favorite hang-out spot. My sister told her, "Have fun with your evening of pretending to be homeless and unloved....." Teenage angst was very popular that year.

Back