Homeaglow

Has anyone seen those commercials where this service offers to come and clean your entire house including windows, dishes and laundry for $19? Sounds like a scam to get you to sign something into a long-term contract that costs much more, or give them financial info and pretty soon money is being withdrawn from your bank. Read customer reviews from th3 BBB's website:

https://www.bbb.org/us/ca/san-franc...eaning/homeaglow-1116-548042/customer-reviews

Last edited:
I've seen that ad and knew right away that it's total bullshit. Who cleans a whole house, does windows, and does laundry for $19.00? ... No one.

Most of those cleaning services promise the moon and never deliver. I hired a cleaning service to clean my aunt's home after she died. I was very clear about how dirty it was and what needed to be done. They said they'd send a team. One little woman showed up with a bucket, no actual cleaning products, only a spray bottle of water, and a bunch of dirty rags. I'm not kidding. To say I was pissed off is an understatement. Calling to complain did nothing. My husband and I ended up cleaning the house ourselves.

I hope you didn't pay for that!
It was prepaid with a money-back guarantee, lol! Yeah, right. No money back, and no offer to make it right. Under normal circumstances, I would put up a fight, but with the pressure of my aunt dying and all that had to be done, it wasn't worth my time or effort. I had more important things to do. I chalked it up to a learning experience. :rolleyes:

Yes, that's impossible.

I had a maid service clean an apartment after I moved out once. I was working full time, had too much going on and could afford it. They even commented how clean the apartment already was. I'm far from a great housekeeper. I can imagine some things they've seen. No, it wasn't cheap but their estimate was exactly what I paid and I got my entire deposit back. At the time it was worth it. I left them a good online review.

Saw their constant ads on TV and decided to try them because I'm in a wheelchair and it's hard to clean my apartment by myself.

For the kitchen, I said, "All I want done is the sink, microwave and floor cleaned."

She spent 2 hours washing my dishes, that were already clean, and never touched my dirty microwave.

Didn't touch the inside of my fridge (even though she reached inside and grabbed a pop so she had to see it needed some wiping. Their website mentions wiping down the inside of the fridge).

Didn't have to vacuum because I did that before she came over here. Didn't have to clean my stove as I got a brand new one just that morning. Didn't have to spend time dusting anything in the bedroom or living room as I told her not to worry about it.

What I'm most upset about, though, is I told her my main priority was my bathroom as it's next to impossible for me to clean from my wheelchair. The bathtub walls still had some soap scum on them and the soap holder attached to the wall wasn't even touched and had gunk all over it.

The one thing I can do myself is my dishes. I did not pay someone to come over and do that. I paid for someone to come over and clean the stuff that I can't, especially my bathroom and microwave, yet she spent a ton of time cleaning my already clean dishes instead when I told her not to worry about them.

I even tipped her $20 when she left before checking if she actually did what I asked because I just assumed she did.

To make this 10,000 times worse, when I left my review on Google, I noticed lots of people report about getting scammed. Guess I should have read those first. Lots of people said they were automatically signed up for a membership and if they tried to cancel it, got hit with a $200 fee.

They charged my card another $49 the day after my “cleaning.”

I want to know how/why the owner of this place isn't in jail and the company isn't shut down...especially since they are doing this all over the country.

I reached out to the company 10 times about this but never got a reply.

Saw their constant ads on TV and decided to try them because I'm in a wheelchair and it's hard to clean my apartment by myself.

For the kitchen, I said, "All I want done is the sink, microwave and floor cleaned."

She spent 2 hours washing my dishes, that were already clean, and never touched my dirty microwave.

Didn't touch the inside of my fridge (even though she reached inside and grabbed a pop so she had to see it needed some wiping. Their website mentions wiping down the inside of the fridge).

Didn't have to vacuum because I did that before she came over here. Didn't have to clean my stove as I got a brand new one just that morning. Didn't have to spend time dusting anything in the bedroom or living room as I told her not to worry about it.

What I'm most upset about, though, is I told her my main priority was my bathroom as it's next to impossible for me to clean from my wheelchair. The bathtub walls still had some soap scum on them and the soap holder attached to the wall wasn't even touched and had gunk all over it.

The one thing I can do myself is my dishes. I did not pay someone to come over and do that. I paid for someone to come over and clean the stuff that I can't, especially my bathroom and microwave, yet she spent a ton of time cleaning my already clean dishes instead when I told her not to worry about them.

I even tipped her $20 when she left before checking if she actually did what I asked because I just assumed she did.

To make this 10,000 times worse, when I left my review on Google, I noticed lots of people report about getting scammed. Guess I should have read those first. Lots of people said they were automatically signed up for a membership and if they tried to cancel it, got hit with a $200 fee.

They charged my card another $49 the day after my “cleaning.”

I want to know how/why the owner of this place isn't in jail and the company isn't shut down...especially since they are doing this all over the country.

I reached out to the company 10 times about this but never got a reply.
This is infuriating! 💢

When I was working and had little ones at home, I called around for a weekly cleaning service. I settled on one that charged $20 a week.

A young cleaning lady showed up carrying a basket full of cleaning products. It turns out she was an Amway sales person. I was expected to buy all of the cleaning products, then she would clean for the $20.

Naturally, I said forget it.

When I was working and had little ones at home, I called around for a weekly cleaning service. I settled on one that charged $20 a week.

A young cleaning lady showed up carrying a basket full of cleaning products. It turns out she was an Amway sales person. I was expected to buy all of the cleaning products, then she would clean for the $20.

That's a clever scam, isn't it? Glad you sent her packing!

What nerve.

Back