I am old school and do not possess a smart phone

And yes, in my mind I will often make fun of those couples who are out for lunch , staring at their cell phones instead of putting them away and talking to each other

My husband and I have been guilty of this sometimes - especially when on holidays.
We are using hotel WiFi at breakfast, catching up with emails, news from home etc - and then we are sitting next to each other on the tour bus for next hour or so, plenty of time to talk to each other then.

My husband and I have been guilty of this sometimes - especially when on holidays.
We are using hotel WiFi at breakfast, catching up with emails, news from home etc - and then we are sitting next to each other on the tour bus for next hour or so, plenty of time to talk to each other then.
Thanks for writing this. It's a good reminder for me not to judge so quickly and it makes perfect sense.

I have a basic mistrust of the QR codes. I have used them a few times with Amazing returns but How can you be sure of what one is putting in his phone by random QR codes. You know it’s a code. :unsure: … What if it is an admission you broke into a Federal reserve bank in California or something like that. There have to be freeloaders out there that know how to generate QR Codes

I have an appointment at the dmv today and my email confirmation says that I will need to check in with my phone. I was shocked at that. I keep books on my phone and read if I am out and stuck waiting. Much better than having to carry a book with me and hope I don’t leave it somewhere.

For yrs I had a flip phone, then changed to a Tracfone,$16/month,bought it at Best Buy.
I basically bought it for emergencies, has all my phone contacts I scroll to read the news
It has games which I play a couple times/day,still have my landline,use my laptop for other things

I love my iPhone, even though I initially resisted having one when my daughter first bought me a smart phone. I am not tied to it like some people seem to be, but I find it very handy. Because I have my Apple Watch, the smart phone pretty much just stays in my purse unless I need it , and the health apps are perfect for syncing with the Apple Watch and helping me keep track of my health, activity, and heart rate each day,

If I am waiting at the doctor’s office, then I do usually read with my kindle app; but otherwise, I prefer my iPad Mini for reading because it is just the right size for that, and easier to use than a Kindle.

For yrs I had a flip phone, then changed to a Tracfone,$16/month,bought it at Best Buy.
I basically bought it for emergencies, has all my phone contacts I scroll to read the news
It has games which I play a couple times/day,still have my landline,use my laptop for other things
Isn't your landline getting very pricey? I have one and the cost is very high now. I hate to get rid of it so I might change it to limited use to knock the price down. It's higher than my cell fees.

Back