I think time to retire this laptop.....

Marie5656

...Or at least revert it to a back up. Been having issues. I know I need a new battery....but I cannot acess inside to replace. Plus I just got the Blue Screen of Death, First time, and this Laptop is about 4 years old.
On Friday I am bringing this one in to have the battery replaced. I do have another laptop....but it has no power cord, I accidently threw it out when I THOUGHT I was getting rid of unneeded stuff. So, I guess I will get a new power cord too.
This computer I am on now will not hold a charge for longer than 20 mins. But I want to keep it going long enough to make sure I get documents and stuff to the new one.
So...that being said, if you stop hearing from me, I will be back by weekend

...Or at least revert it to a back up. Been having issues. I know I need a new battery....but I cannot acess inside to replace. Plus I just got the Blue Screen of Death, First time, and this Laptop is about 4 years old.
On Friday I am bringing this one in to have the battery replaced. I do have another laptop....but it has no power cord, I accidently threw it out when I THOUGHT I was getting rid of unneeded stuff. So, I guess I will get a new power cord too.
This computer I am on now will not hold a charge for longer than 20 mins. But I want to keep it going long enough to make sure I get documents and stuff to the new one.
So...that being said, if you stop hearing from me, I will be back by weekend
Good luck Marie, I don't know much about computers and I really hate any computer problems at all.

Good luck Marie, I don't know much about computers and I really hate any computer problems at all.
Well, SB...I know just enough to get the new one going once I have the power cord. I just am not sure how to open the back of this one to replace battery...do not want to break everything.
Tough part will be logging back into all my sites. That is why I mentioned in OP not to worry if I go MIA for a couple days

Thanks for the heads up about why you may not be around.

Glad you found your phone as a possible replacement. You can increase the font on your phone if that would help.

I've been having technical issues too lately. My favorite phone has a battery issue. You're handling your technical problems like a pro.

iu

@Marie5656 If you scrap your old laptop you can remove the hard drive and put it in an external hard drive enclosure (very cheap from places like Amazon). Your old hard drive can then be used as an external hard drive which will not only contain the things you have saved onto it when you remove it but, which you can also use to save new stuff to it as well. I use to do this to my Vaio laptops and it was very easy.

So...that being said, if you stop hearing from me, I will be back by week

I have a laptop from 2010 and still working. HP 1206us 17 inch screen with just a few minor problems, a few sticking keys. Only one scratch. All these years, I just kept the drivers and updates current. I have a few newer laptops, but I still like this heavy 17 inch screened laptop. Use it daily.

Back