Is she flirting with me?

No, I think people do this sort of friendly banter all the time, it isn't a 'to the elderly' thing. And other than the jokey remark 'did you buy me one' when he mentioned a sale on roses, ( how is one suppossed to react when a customer/client mentions that to you?? ) everything else has been his interpretation not anything she actually said or did - sexy hips, imploring eyes , I doubt she was even aware of the way that appeared to him.
I agree. This is only his perception.
Is she interested? Or is it my ego imagination?
It’s probably your ego imagination.
Thats what you are wishing for so your mind convinces you that it’s really true.

Why not just ask her, "Are you flirting with me?" But, based on the jokester relationship you have established, perhaps the answer would be jokey and leave you still confused?

If you really do not want to date, she can flirt and joke with you all day, everyday, and the answer in your brain will always be "no". That's the answer. Leave it at that. Or, ask her.

But this is the problem with people who make jokes all the time instead of having genuine conversations. Jokes are confusing when one party is seeking truth and sarcasm can be brutal in all kinds of relationships. Life is not a sit-com.

No I don't think friendly jokey banter is a problem, and nothing she said was brutal or sarcastic.

Obviously there is a place for genuine serious conversations too - but this isn't it.

life isn't a sit com but nor is it all serious and deep either
I feel the same way. Humour is a way to relieve stress. Asking this woman if she was flirting might not go over so well. It’s going to cause discomfort for this woman. It’s sounds to me like he’s sexually attracted to her and ‘wants’ her to feel the same. If you come out and ask if she’s flirting with you, it’s going to make the relationship forever awkward .

I feel the same way. Humour is a way to relieve stress. Asking this woman if she was flirting might not go over so well. It’s going to cause discomfort for this woman. It’s sounds to me like he’s sexually attracted to her and ‘wants’ her to feel the same. If you come out and ask if she’s flirting with you, it’s going to make the relationship forever awkward .
Yes, this. ⬆️ He is (as he stated) "over 70" and she's "about 40." Asking if she's flirting would most likely embarrass the bedevil out of her and put her in a very awkward situation. She did nothing that was flirty and his talk about roses and "going out to celebrate" was the flirting.... not her saying "oh, did you bring me one?" (Also, "about 40" could mean 35 or 38 or... anything.) Good thoughts, @PeppermintPatty

Last edited:
trying to imagine this ...so this is what "it" imagined "it".

bWaL_WgeS_SeAycsRllifg.png

If it wasn't Victor with this same issue, who was it? The man I am thinking of would have this same "problem" every few years, where he thought health assistants, years younger, was flirting with him and he wanted a relationship.

C'mon, who was it if not Victor?

If it wasn't Victor with this same issue, who was it? The man I am thinking of would have this same "problem" every few years, where he thought health assistants, years younger, was flirting with him and he wanted a relationship.
I don't know... but I remember a few that were very close to being scammed for a lot of money... either being asked outright for thousands or hints for expensive gifts like diamonds after a couple of weeks. My memory recalls the stories, but not the names/faces connected to them. I wouldn't know about the "every few years" though, because I've only been here a year.

Was it Senor Chef? what happened to him?

Was it Senor Chef? what happened to him?
He's on another forum. No, not him. I think. Some guy, falling for some young woman connected to health establishments. Twice in the course of a few short years, but the second might have been an update. Why am I thinking of this, Della? Don't encourage me! 🤣

It's AI. Paco uses a program to produce artificial intelligence images. He does pretty well.
Yes, he does... and this creation showed exactly what (I think) he was trying to show... that the girl's thoughts are like "what a nice old dude!" I don't even want to know what's going through *his* mind. Grrrr. Maybe the lesson here is to not be friendly to anyone more than a generation older than yourself because they'll think you're hot for them? :rolleyes:

Yes, he does... and this creation showed exactly what (I think) he was trying to show... that the girl's thoughts are like "what a nice old dude!" I don't even want to know what's going through *his* mind. Grrrr. Maybe the lesson here is to not be friendly to anyone more than a generation older than yourself because they'll think you're hot for them? :rolleyes:

People more than a generation older than us won’t be a problem for long. 😉

Back