Oh, God! Why are you reading this?

The bushes and the trees got together last night, and agreed to sprout today. Everything is a sea of fresh green. So, of course, I woke up sneezing all day long. I normally don't have allergies.
I did a bunch of errands, and stuff on my things-to-do list. YEAH!
BTW, I have a bunny that always munching greens right under my window in the morning.
He seems to like having the deer around???

HuH? No deer today, too. That's strange- they usually make their round about three times a day-about 6-7 AM, the again at 2-3, and about 7PM they bed down for the night between me and my neighbor's.???
Got this book about the archelogy of Pennsylvania. I had no idea that they found the skeleton of a huge Wolley mammoth just a few miles from me. Once, that thing could have been stomping around in my backyard.
Thank god it's raining, I got a whole lot to do outside, as an excuse not to do it, that is as good as another other excuse.

I got up this morning. I had a bit of a sore throat, lots of back "discomfort", itchy, and with generalized achiness. Life is wonderful. :) No deer. Again, no deer in my yard. Then it dawned on me that deer give birth in May-June, and my deer herds are mostly female.
Since I had my cataracts removed, I can again drive at night. I like seeing lights in people's homes. There's usually a warm yellow glow. I don't know, it's comforting.

I found my deer. I'm surrounded by blueberry bushes. Years ago, this was a blueberry farm. I saw a deer take a 6 foot leap over the bushes, and deep into them. Deer follow well used trails, and there's none there. Maybe that's where there's a fawn?? I knew they had to be around, because this is their home. It's not like they're passing by on the migration to Maine or something.
I am amazed that the deer get spooked by any noise. Yet, I can drive up, get out the car and take groceries out of the trunk, and the deer just stand there, looking at me. It's like they aren't going to stop munching on the good grass, because some guy came buy.

I am amazed that the deer get spooked by any noise. Yet, I can drive up, get out the car and take groceries out of the trunk, and the deer just stand there, looking at me. It's like they aren't going to stop munching on the good grass, because some guy came buy.
They sense you're safe, I'm sure. Glad to hear you found them! Is that sore throat any better today?

The kitchen drawers are falling apart, of course, just because you can't squeeze anything more in them is not the problem. And some of the cabinet doors won't stay closed. It's one damned thing after another.
My diary is so boring. I wish I could say, "today, I saved the world", or at least raised the dead. But, no, all I can say is today I changed my water filter.

Applause. Applause. Applause.

If you're a guy from time to time you may have a slight problem called, "jock itch". Well, that time came for me. I stopped a CVS pharmacy to get some ointment. I looked up and down, but I couldn't find the "ointment" section. And the only clerk was a 19 year old girl. I had to ask her where the "jock itch" remedies were. Talk about feeling like a dirty old man.
Again, the deer aren't seen. And then I realized that I hadn't seen turkeys this spring, either. They love to stand in my driveway, and they won't move. I had to push them out of the way with the bumper of my car. Turns out, it's some kind of mating ritual. What we guys do for love!!!!

I found my deer. I'm surrounded by blueberry bushes. Years ago, this was a blueberry farm. I saw a deer take a 6 foot leap over the bushes, and deep into them. Deer follow well used trails, and there's none there. Maybe that's where there's a fawn?? I knew they had to be around, because this is their home. It's not like they're passing by on the migration to Maine or something.
The deer around here are like that too. They come right up in front of the house. We often watch them from the sun room. They like eating our grass.
IMG_2276.jpegIMG_2262.jpeg

I was super active, yesterday, doing wash, etc, and even cleaned out the hall closet! So, today, I'm sore and grumpy. I just wanted to sit and watch a boring documentary. But, no, all the "intellectual channels" had cooking shows. I don't cook, I nuke. I loved Julia Child, and Rachel Ray. Now, they're chefs. Today, if you're able to put a couple of Pop Tarts in a toaster, you're a master chef and get a show and YouTube channel.

Last edited:
I was super active, yesterday, doing wash, etc, and even cleaned out the hall closet! So, today, I'm sore and grumpy. I just wanted to sit and watch a boring documentary. But, no, all the "intellectual channels" had cooking shows. I don't cook, I nuke. I loved Julia Child, and Rachel Ray. Now, they're chefs. Today, if you're able to put a couple of Pop Tarts in a toaster, you're a master chef and get a show and YouTube channel.
So... good time to learn to cook, Fuzz! 🍲🍳 Take up the challenge? :giggle:
Uh... you're grumpy today? I'm outta here... exit stage right before you start throwing things. 👉➡️

Yesterday, I mentioned in a post that I was a licensed life insurance agent- for a while. I hadn't thought of that in 50 years. All my customers were whack nuts. I won't even mention the pig farmer, the Jehovah Witness, who was always late with her premiums, because Christ was coming down to run the government on Friday.

I had one with a $300 life policy they used to sell in the 40s. She had 4 kids. So every time she got mad at one, she kicked them off as beneficiaries. Then she'd put them back. We had hundreds of her change of beneficiary forms. Monday, Joey was out; a week later, he's back. I was in a house with mom & dad, and their 20+ son was totally stoned, and they had NO idea he was. Then there was the woman who got a policy, but later said she lied about her age, then later said that wasn't her real name, and she wasn't a widow, her legal husband was alive.
Somehow, they're my kind of people.
BTW. The pig farmer wasn't a guy.

Last edited:
Fixed my kitchen drawers. They were falling apart. They aren't exactly the most beautiful drawers known to man, but they work. Did a stupid thing. I thought about wearing gloves, after I got glue all over my fingers. This stuff won't wash off. I don't leave fingerprints, so I guess I could rob a bank. See when nature closes a door, she opens a window.

Saw a couple of deer this morning. It was a mother and daughter. That kinds of tells you what my love life is like when I can recognize deer family members. Both were munching away on my lawn. It's amazing how selective they are in the greens they eat. Then in a second, she was gone. Yeah, she must have a fawn in the blue berry bushes.
I happened to notice my mattress was kind of saggy. It's still comfy. I tried to recall when I got it. I think it 15-20 years ago. I remember they came in with a new box spring, the old one was ok.???
I guess I'll be one of those geezers with the sway back mattress, bought when god was a kid.

I just don't feel like doing much today. Threw some clothes in the wash, and set the dishwasher for 8 tonight. I was trying to think up an excuse for not to do much more. Then it dawned on me-I'm retired. I don't need an excuse.
I got all day to play. YEAH!!!!!
Of course, tomorrow, I'll be bitching I'm swamped with stuff to do.
BTW, in the wanna feel old dept....
A 20+ year old contestant on a tv game show never heard of Cher- before his time.

Last edited:
I got his book on the archelogy of Pennsylvania. I know they found a cave place (Meadowcroft) with artifacts from 16,000 years ago. But I had no idea that just 9 miles from me, there's a famous dig (Shawnee-Minisink) from about 10,000 years ago. My county has several places- who knew? Also, if you can read a place that might make a good camping area, you can still find lots and lots of arrow heads. On line, they sell 10 for a couple of bucks. The idea that 10,000 years ago, somebody could have walked down my driveway is way too cool.

Saw the two female deer again this morning. They disappeared into the blueberry bushes, so there's probably a fawn back there??
I'm surrounded by hundreds of pine trees, and as I look at them, they have millions of pollen things. They're getting ready to belch out all that pollen. Everything will be coated in a sticky yellow film. That pollen loves car windshields, and won't easily wash off. It's kind of like watching a volcano getting ready to blow.

For the sake of full disclosure, my jock itch is getting better, but I still have water in my ears. I just don't want another "condition" and a new med. As it is now, I get a bag full of meds every month. It took years to get all my med refills due on the same day. Otherwise, I'd stop and pick up a refill, and when I get home, there's an email telling me to pick up another one. I always wanted to be famous, but somehow having staff at the pharmacy know my name is not what I had in mind.

It's been cloudy the last few days, with a shower once in a while. It's amazing how the weather affects my mood and my pain. I have to replace some lightbulbs in a few overhead light. Trouble is I can't stand for very long. Tried to change one, and I just couldn't. Also, I found out I got the wrong lightbulb. These say don't put them in a closed light. Who in the hell wants a lightbulb that isn't supposed to go inside a lamp??? I feel like the "old geezer", who wants to go back to the day, when all you had to know about lightbulbs was the wattage. BAH HUMBUG!!!!
And I found out I need a nice sunny day in order to have enough strength and tolerance to change a light bulb.

Back