Time in a bottle

Gardenlover

Bedazzled Member
One of the most enjoyable aspects of the forum for me is reading about the life and adventures many of you have placed in your diary threads. So I thought I would give it a go and start my own.

The first hurdle was coming up with a meaningful name, I'm a time junkie - So "Time in a bottle" seems to fit.

I may have posted a picture of my favorite (purchased) sculpture before, but I think it will help set the mood.
chasingtime02.jpg

I love to read and sometimes it's hard to find the next book to read, so I thought I'd do something about it and create a story hunter. It's not AI, but I think it's a cute little being, whether or not it will find new books for me is yet to been seen.

Story hunter 01.jpgstory hunter 02.jpg

For a working view here is a very short video:

Last edited:
I’m on board for any good stories your hunter turns up. I might have mentioned it elsewhere but i recent read The midnight Library which may hook you for what it does with time. Fantasy/sci-fi is how I see it. A newish book.

If a Christian backdrop is of interest or at least not off putting, I can also recommend Jayber Crow, a very uplifting novel by Wendell Berry. Not so new though.

I’m on board for any good stories your hunter turns up. I might have mentioned it elsewhere but i recent read The midnight Library which may hook you for what it does with time. Fantasy/sci-fi is how I see it. A newish book.

If a Christian backdrop is of interest or at least not off putting, I can also recommend Jayber Crow, a very uplifting novel by Wendell Berry. Not so new though.
I'm currently reading "The Way of Kings" by Brandon Sanderson, which is a very enjoyable and original Fantasy/Sci-Fi read, I highly recommend it.

I enjoy a wide range of genres, but dislike horror or novels that are too graphic. I enjoy fiction with good world building and strong characters the best, but have to change it up or all the story lines seem to run together. I prefer books that are usually no longer than three or four in a series, otherwise the author seems to ramble on too long for my liking. I've read several Christian fiction authors, but it has been a number of years. I shall look into The Midnight Library and Jayber Crow - thanks for the leads.

I love to read and sometimes it's hard to find the next book to read, so I thought I'd do something about it and create a story hunter. It's not AI, but I think it's a cute little being, whether or not it will find new books for me is yet to been seen.

View attachment 319041View attachment 319042

For a working view here is a very short video:
It is very cute! :D Good luck finding some finds.

Arrived in Naples Florida a few days ago and stimulated their economy today. :love: I believe I have a new favorite automobile.

Do say more. What did you get and what do you like about it?

I'm overdue for a new car but procrastinate because the process of buying a car is so unpleasant, to say nothing of the need to learn alll the ins and outs of all then new technology. I'm leaning toward a Toyota RAV4 but is has to have a very comfy seat.

We bounced around between a Toyota Highlander and a Subaru Ascent. We ended up buying the Subaru. Hopefully it will be the last car I'll have to buy.

I'm intrigued but two things put me off. My mechanic tells me all Subaru's leak oil like my old 2006 Forrester. Plus I am determined to get a hybrid and I don't think Subaru offers that yet. Is the seat in the Ascent comfortable. After my recent difficulty with sciatic pain caused by a long car drive I also need a good seat and great lumbar support. But I really want a hybrid. Does that model come with a hybrid and is it comfortable?

I hope I don't encounter the leaking oil, but it will be on my radar, thanks for the tip - it will be something to watch.
The seats are very comfortable and depending on what options you get the driver seat provides lumbar support and thigh extension on the front of the seat, which I haven't seen before. However, comfort is subjective to individual's tastes. I don't believe they offer a Hybrid yet.

Last edited:

Back