Travel/ Summer of '24

lynx78

Looking for suggestions for travel this summer in the US for two, 60+ couple.....we narrowed down to the following places....Montana, Wyoming, Utah, New Mexico, North Carolina, Georgia or Tennessee......ideas for any of these to venture into...thank you...first time on this site

You time, your holiday, your money, your life! Where to go and what to do is very personal!

Some like the mountains; other like the seaside. Some like the restaurants; others like the bars! Your choice!

Well, I personally love New Mexico and North Carolina. Depending on what you want to do, either will keep you busy.

New Mexico has the desert, the mountains, hot spring spas, and fascinating towns.

North Carolina has the mountains, Asheville, historic towns, white-water rafting, antiquing, fantastic hikes.

Looking for suggestions for travel this summer in the US for two, 60+ couple.....we narrowed down to the following places....Montana, Wyoming, Utah, New Mexico, North Carolina, Georgia or Tennessee......ideas for any of these to venture into...thank you...first time on this site
I'd suggest Savannah, Georgia. But for the best place ever, you could go 180 miles south of Savannah and spend some time at St. Augustine, Florida. I'd move there tomorrow if the opportunity arose.

Are you from the US. If not, are you aware of how hot it can be in the summer.
Are you flying or driving to your destination.
Will you have a car?
How long do you have?
You might be able to see several areas?

Yes, from the US...fly, rent a car, establish a home base and then travel and visit various sites......lol, yes I know it's hot...I live in Texas so anything away from here will be "refreshing"....looking at 7-8 days

Been to Black Hills area, Colorado Springs, Branson, Savannah/ Hilton Head, Northern Michigan/ UP, Sedona

I enjoyed New Mexico and California (some parts). Alaska is a good place to visit in the summer. And, of course, Hawaii.

Yes, from the US...fly, rent a car, establish a home base and then travel and visit various sites......lol, yes I know it's hot...I live in Texas so anything away from here will be "refreshing"....looking at 7-8 days
If you can get to Yellowstone before summer travel season is in full bloom it's very, very rewarding. Otherwise roadtripping around western Montana is great too. Idaho sucks so don't come here. ;)

Back