Walking the Curb without a Net

I have not left the house since January 16. There is still snow and ice between me and the good earth or my car, and it would be foolhardy to make the attempt, but I think I am going stir crazy.
So here on SeniorForums I will make a desperate push for your company. My dear friends, I'm calling myself 'Grunt's Free Used Books and Brownie Bar.' Please come.
I have recent almanacs and science fiction and Ellery Queen Mystery Magazines galore for your edification.
I have free organic warm brownies with toasted walnuts at the coffee bar, and soy wraps for the weight conscious among us. And there is the stimulating company of a hologram of Freddy Fender performing
'I Can't Stop Loving You'.
There is sipping whiskey (shh!) and Pinochle tournaments round the clock, if we can only find the players. It's all free, and there are prizes, rare and sought after, a second illustrated edition of 'A Dog's Book of Bugs' among them, only slightly slobbered over. Do come!
**Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx**
070323grunt.jpg

Last edited:
I have not left the house since January 16. There is still snow and ice between me and the good earth or my car, and it would be foolhardy to make the attempt, but I think I am going stir crazy.
So here on SeniorForums I will make a desperate push for your company. My dear friends, I'm calling myself 'Grunt's Free Used Books and Brownie Bar.' Please come.
I have recent almanacs and science fiction and Ellery Queen Mystery Magazines galore for your edification.
I have free organic warm brownies with toasted walnuts at the coffee bar, and soy wraps for the weight conscious among us. And there is the stimulating company of a hologram of Freddy Fender performing
'I Can't Stop Loving You'.
There is sipping whiskey (shh!) and Pinochle tournaments going on round the clock, if we can only find the players. It's all free, and there are prizes, rare and sought after, a second illustrated edition of 'A Dog's Book of Bugs' among them. Do come!
**Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. --Groucho Marx**
View attachment 341214
Count me in! Who could resist free food & drinks, not to mention, excellent company?

:) Aw, PInky, you're so sweet! I'm going to make a Dagwood san just for you.

šŸ˜ I want to thank you all for coming, I feel ever so much better now. Beezer sends his deepest apologies for having vomited into the coffee pot.

Back