What Computer(s) & Operating System(s) Do You Have? Pros and Cons?

My husband has put Linux Mint 21.3 in both our computers we have been using Linux for years It dose us much as windows and more,and doesn't cost anything to use, and if you need help with anything just go on Linux mint forums, you can get all the help you need.
we can even get all the tv stations from all over the world on Mint.
We would never go back to windows.

@Rich ... generally the fanless computers won't have a separate (PCI) graphics card.
Most common is onboard graphics integrated with the CPU.
So fanless may not be acceptable to some gamers for example.

I'm not heavy into games so the fanless computer I have is fine.
I've had it several years and not even close to thinking of replacing or upgrading.
I use it for Internet surfing, email, office documents and photo and video editing mostly.
It turns out that I needed a new computer sooner than I thought. The motherboard on my PC went bad, and I didn't want to wait while it went back to the manufacturer for a repair and spend a lot of money on it. I decided to replace it with a laptop, and after a fair amount of research, I purchased a Dell XPS 15 laptop.
I've only had it for a week so far, but it is as close to silent as I've ever experienced. 90% of the time, the fans don't run at all. Under medium load, they spin quietly, and once I managed to get them to spin at high speed, that was when I was configuring it and I was downloading updates and software while simultaneously installing software. I'm quite pleased with it. It has a separate GPU, but I chose the new Intel ARC 4GB card rather than the NVIDIA. My PC had an NVIDIA card, and it was a bit of a noisemaker. This seems perfect for me.

What kind...Desktop, laptop or tablet? If you want a tablet the best choice would be an iPad, but I know you said you didn't want another Apple product. Chrome tablets are usually under-powered, there are tablets with Android but almost without exception, they are orphaned by their manufacturer and are woefully out of date, for operating system and security updates. Non-Apple laptops come with Windows installed, I personally detest Windows so I replace it with Linux. Same with non-Apple desktop computers, comes loaded with Windows, unless you'd like to go shopping at Newegg and build your own. ;)
Linux comes in many varieties, and I hate to say, but is a bit of a geek oriented niche in computing, as far as daily users are concerned. So, getting Linux and installing it is somewhat of a learning curve.
I have a Lenovo ThinkPad which replaced a fully tricked out Dell laptop that finally died after years of good service. It's a decent laptop especially for my very basic needs, email, browsing the internet and paying a few bills. I read using a Kindle but browse the Kindle store for books regularly. Our activity on Amazon skyrocketed with the onset of Covid. The downside is that this laptop is running MS Windows 10, and won't upgrade to 11. So with the drop in support of 10 next year I'll consider changing machines. Right now I'm leaning toward a Mac.

Back