What have you bought recently?

I had to buy a new one of these because my old one was a cheap piece of junk I got tired of fighting with.

Anyone know what it is?

View attachment 343070
beat me to it...drat!

I frittered away a buncha money today on dirt...well, garden soil...and mulch and a pump sprayer to spray 30% vinegar on some stuff where I don't want anything to grow ever again. And...I got two Chinese fringe flower shrubs that I've wanted. The best part of the shrubs is that DGD insisted on paying for them. Yup. I bought dirt and mulch and a pump sprayer and got two fringe flower shrubs in the bargain. Yay!

Son and I rebuilt my gas string trimmer, replacing the pull cord,
spark plug and fuel primer bulb.
After we were done and it ran great, he mentioned that he needed to get one, so in a moment
of weakness (or just a Dad thing), I gave it to him with some extra fuel.

I later went one of the 'Big Box' stores and bought a 40volt electric string trimmer
and after charging the battery, I'm very pleased with the performance.
Enough charge to do what I needed.
Thinking about getting the 40volt blower kit that comes with another battery.

No more mixing the fuel, priming it, pulling the cord and hoping it starts!

Son and I rebuilt my gas string trimmer, replacing the pull cord,
spark plug and fuel primer bulb.
After we were done and it ran great, he mentioned that he needed to get one, so in a moment
of weakness (or just a Dad thing), I gave it to him with some extra fuel.

I later went one of the 'Big Box' stores and bought a 40volt electric string trimmer
and after charging the battery, I'm very pleased with the performance.
Enough charge to do what I needed.
Thinking about getting the 40volt blower kit that comes with another battery.

No more mixing the fuel, priming it, pulling the cord and hoping it starts!
Sounds like a good trade!

What have you bought recently?​

My stereo CD player finally bit the dust
and I do mean dust
Had it in my shop up at the cabin for six years
and in my shop here in town for four years

Bought a tiny boombox on Amazon
Ad said 'you'll love the quality of the sound'
OK
It's tiny, but Technology has come so far
I'll risk the 40 bucks
After all, it was a Magnavox

71RuBo855AL._AC_SX466_.jpg

Uh, the sound was not one to love
Made Joe Cocker sound like he was singing thru a tin can on a string

Sent if back (love Amazon for that)

Shopped a high end junk shop for a bargain
CD players are pretty much passe
but I have a hundred CDs

Found a Sony full size boombox for $22
Had the guy plug it in and play a CD

Good good sound
Fits well on my shop desk

sony 2.jpg

sony 3.jpg

Joe is again singing like he should

What have you bought recently?
My stereo CD player finally bit the dust
and I do mean dust
Had it in my shop up at the cabin for six years
and in my shop here in town for four years

Bought a tiny boombox on Amazon
Ad said 'you'll love the quality of the sound'
OK
It's tiny, but Technology has come so far
I'll risk the 40 bucks
After all, it was a Magnavox

Uh, the sound was not one to love
Made Joe Cocker sound like he was singing thru a tin can on a string

Sent if back (love Amazon for that)

Shopped a high end junk shop for a bargain
CD players are pretty much passe
but I have a hundred CDs

Found a Sony full size boombox for $22
Had the guy plug it in and play a CD

Good good sound
Fits well on my shop desk

Joe is again singing like he should

There are still good ones made, but you have to wade through a lot of reviews and then find a good one still for sale. I gave up on review web sites: they are chaos in the pockets of the peddlers. But it means slogging through a lot of YouTube video reviews by real people instead.

There are still good ones made, but you have to wade through a lot of reviews and then find a good one still for sale. I gave up on review web sites: they are chaos in the pockets of the peddlers. But it means slogging through a lot of YouTube video reviews by real people instead.
So very true
and the name brands have sold their names and souls to China

Not sure how old this 'Sony' is, but the quality I wanted is there

Looked on line for this one
Sony boombox mega bass CD player
Seems around a hundred to a couple hundred new in the size and quality I bought

Today I bought groceries... Tesco which is usually fairly expensive.. but today I bought a whole bunch of groceries, and some of the items were individually expensive too . .. plus I bought a Pinstripe waistcoat, (sale) a Batwing style type of blouse, (sale) and a soft blue denim shirt as well..oh and a Potted sunflower plant... so I was surprised when the whole lot came to just £105

Today I bought groceries... Tesco which is usually fairly expensive.. but today I bought a whole bunch of groceries, and some of the items were individually expensive too . .. plus I bought a Pinstripe waistcoat, (sale) a Batwing style type of blouse, (sale) and a soft blue denim shirt as well..oh and a Potted sunflower plant... so I was surprised when the whole lot came to just £105
Having wasted a lot of fresh fruit and vegetables in the past, I now buy frozen but, on the occasions I do buy fresh I always buy the loose stuff, it is so much cheaper than buying the packs.

Bought a 4-wheel carry-on suitcase. The wheels my old suitcase kept locking up. I did my research on what I wanted and got it on sale. Because it was Seniors’ Day, I got an additional -15% off. I really wanted a teal or red but decided navy was better after I remembered dragging my suitcase in the rain. Now I just need to go somewhere.

I bought mulch and two canna lilies. The lilies were on the reduced rack. And while I was at it, "bought" some money when the screen asked if I wanted cash back.

Today was pension day. It ain't much but pays for my life insurance and leaves some to fritter away on more flowers and stuff. I love pension day, not as much as social security Rocking Chair Money day, but still love it. Tomorrow is payday at work. As the kids used to say, "I'm fat," even after buying mulch and reduced-rack flowers and money besides. Yay.

Bought a 4-wheel carry-on suitcase. The wheels my old suitcase kept locking up. I did my research on what I wanted and got it on sale. Because it was Seniors’ Day, I got an additional -15% off. I really wanted a teal or red but decided navy was better after I remembered dragging my suitcase in the rain. Now I just need to go somewhere.
This is a good reminder that I need to buy new carry-on luggage. Ours are too large for the new maximum measurements. Hafta wonder if the airlines aren't in bed with the luggage manufacturers.

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Spendthrift! Who the heck sees it? If you're gonna throw money around, buy outerwear that's fashion forward so you'll look good when you're interviewed on TV:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
My mum always said you should wear nice underwear in case you have an accident and end up in hospital. I never really understood the logic of being rushed to A&E and all you are worried about is that you are not wearing your best knickers! :eek::)

My mum always said you should wear nice underwear in case you have an accident and end up in hospital. I never really understood the logic of being rushed to A&E and all you are worried about is that you are not wearing your best knickers! :eek::)
A friend who is a nurse always said there’s no point wearing your best knickers in case you end up in the hospital. They’re going to be ‘messed’.

Back