When I was eighteen years old I was standing on the street with my Grandmother

We were buying a used car for me, well she was doing the buying, but she looked at my head really intently and said " You've got a white hair " YANK that brought tears to my eyes and she's standing there smiling with a white hair in her hand.

Haha … What’s funny, is: My mother did the same thing to me! I recall her smiling, and I recall being quite confused by the whole thing…

We were buying a used car for me, well she was doing the buying, but she looked at my head really intently and said " You've got a white hair " YANK that brought tears to my eyes and she's standing there smiling with a white hair in her hand.
I remember when I found my first gray hair. I was only 33 y/o. My wife blamed it on my job. I blamed it on genetics because my dad was only ever partially gray. He never went full gray and now neither have I . People ask me how old I am and when I tell them, they say “You don’t look that old.” It’s only because I never turned fully gray. It’s not a pretty sight to me, but my wife likes it. Of course, she has her hair highlighted, as she calls it.

I’m OK with her doing that, but spending $65 to get her nails done is questionable to me. People are always doing whatever to try and look younger. Not me. I’m going to grow old gracefully and whatever shade of hair I get is going to stay that shade. No coloring for me.

Back