Actors you don't "get"

Nicholas Cage, the only reason he gets roles is because of his famous relatives: Through his father, he is a nephew of both director Francis Ford Coppola and actress Talia Shire, and a cousin of directors Roman Coppola and Sofia Coppola, film producer Gian-Carlo Coppola, and actors Robert and Jason Schwartzman.

Since he's already been kicked a couple of times what's the harm in a few more?

Nicolas Cage, a terrible actor in my opinion, I've never understood how he keeps getting roles.

Another is Steven Seagal, he must work for free, no way anyone would pay him.
Nicholas Cage: This is why: Through his father, he is a nephew of both director Francis Ford Coppola and actress Talia Shire, and a cousin of directors Roman Coppola and Sofia Coppola, film producer Gian-Carlo Coppola, and actors Robert and Jason Schwartzman. Cage is the youngest of three sons.

I feel Tom Cruise did very well as a smarter less ape-like Jack Reacher and for that matter with the clumsily written War Of The Worlds remake. He also was good in Oblivion and Edge Of Tomorrow.
All excellent movies. Cruise played the characters very convincingly.

I liked him a lot in Collateral Damage, too. He fit the icy, immovable hitman character perfectly. In fact, he made the movie totally watchable...there really wasn't a whole lot of story there, but you just had to see what his character would do next.

I guess some people considered Jim Carrey as an actor ???? If so , then good for you but I never could stand him. Never liked his physical schtick and when he did try to go all serious, I thought he was awful. I also feel the same for Adam Sandler. I am glad that many were entertained by these two comedian/actors but I just never saw the appeal.
Ditto. They are brash and over-the-top. I don't get the appeal.

Ok, I know I'm going to be branded as Unamerican and a lynch mob with flaming brands is at this minute massing for a march on my house but I never "got" John Wayne.

There, I said it. I'll take my consequences. (Barricading the doors and laying in supplies)
I'm with you. I don't think I ever watched one of his movies. I've only seen clips. Not impressed.

Nicholas Cage, the only reason he gets roles is because of his famous relatives: Through his father, he is a nephew of both director Francis Ford Coppola and actress Talia Shire, and a cousin of directors Roman Coppola and Sofia Coppola, film producer Gian-Carlo Coppola, and actors Robert and Jason Schwartzman.
I did not know that. My calico's name is Talia. I thought of Talia Shire, who I do like, when I noted the name in my name your baby book.

Ok, I know I'm going to be branded as Unamerican and a lynch mob with flaming brands is at this minute massing for a march on my house but I never "got" John Wayne.

There, I said it. I'll take my consequences. (Barricading the doors and laying in supplies)
You have no argument from me. The only movie I thought he was OK in was The Quiet Man but I think that's just because I loved the movie so much. I understand why he won the Oscar for True Grit but I thought he was horrible in it. Hard to believe he won over Jon Voight and Dustin Hoffman but it was a sentimental award.

Back