Grandkids are just great

TennVet

We love our children but I have to say grandkids are totally different dimension. We have one granddaughter who is just amazes us. Even at an early age she just had a way of saying something that cut to heart of the matter. Because she had experienced a death in the family it provoked her thoughts. Not long after while talking to my wife these were her words. "Nana, I'm going to miss you when you're dead and gone." Wow, like an arrow in the bullseye, and yet so loving.

I can see that, and share some similar concerns. It pleases me that our grandchildren are blessed with some the really great opportunities that can and will come their way. At the same time I would gladly spare them exposure to some of the worst that they could encounter. I console my self by saying a prayer for their wellbeing and try to always be available to cheer them on and when necessary supportive when they are corrected. We thoroughly enjoy watching them grow from cuddly babies to real life size people, and then say some more prayers.

I can't imagine having grandparents who cared like that. All your grandkids are so lucky.
I never had the same relationship with my grandparents, having only known one grandparent on each side of the family, but I still have a few warm thoughts of them. Grandchildren are a blessing and we try to be involved in their life without being intrusive. So I can relate to you thoughts, we just try to enjoy what we were given.

I actually wish I had interfered more on something, but it would have gotten me nowhere and would have caused a lot of friction. I see a trait developing in my grandson that might cause him difficulty in important things; a trait I could have dissolved from the start with my words of wisdom. So, hope I can stay alive & in good health so I can rectify his parents' mistake!

I actually wish I had interfered more on something, but it would have gotten me nowhere and would have caused a lot of friction. I see a trait developing in my grandson that might cause him difficulty in important things; a trait I could have dissolved from the start with my words of wisdom. So, hope I can stay alive & in good health so I can rectify his parents' mistake!
That would be a really tough thing to watch from the back pew. Hope it works out well.

I never had the same relationship with my grandparents, having only known one grandparent on each side of the family, but I still have a few warm thoughts of them. Grandchildren are a blessing and we try to be involved in their life without being intrusive. So I can relate to you thoughts, we just try to enjoy what we were given.
When I was small everyone at a family gathering would call my grandfather on my dad's side Charlie or Uncle Charlie. I was nearly a teenager before I really grasped the correct relationship.

Grandchildren are God's reward for letting your own children live through their teens.

I don't know what I'd do if I didn't have my Littles. Of course one of the Littles is 11 now, so she's a Big Little. Two are 8 and the Littlest Little is 4.

They wear me out and they keep me "young" simultaneously.

I had the greatest grandparents in the world and I'm trying to follow in their footsteps.

I think rocking a baby to sleep is one of life's pleasures. Our oldest son was a sound sleeper you could drag him outside by a foot and he would still sleep. The next one was tough to get to sleep. I often let him lie on my chest till he drifted off, then tucked him in. The our daughter definitely had to have the rocker and a bit of a lullaby. Finally, the baby of the family, spoiled by the first three as much as his parents, was a warm cuddle one. Wrap him up warm and hold him a few minutes and he was down for the night. We've been fortunate to share many similar moments with our Grands.

Back