Gypsy Rose Blanchard is Free

CallMeKate

... Yes, Gypsy has been released from prison. And has become somewhat of a celebrity, I hear. There's something wrong with this whole thing. What are your thoughts?

Here are mine... it was a horrid, horrid story, what her mother did to her. Mentally ill woman that needed to be in a care facility or maybe even in jail. But for her daughter to get on the Internet and look for someone to kill her Mama (DeeDee)... and then sit in the bathroom with her ears covered while he was doing it?!

She served 8 of the 10 years she was sentenced to and was freed last week... people are getting pictures taken with her. Whether or not what DeeDee did was totally shocking and unthinkable, why is the person who essentially hired a hit man suddenly a celebrity? I am not saying that I think she should have gotten a life sentence or anything... maybe the 10 years was even appropriate, but this star status... isn't that a little disturbing?

I'm still reading into this story... still sounds bizarre to me. She already is closing in on 5 million Instagram followers. She has a TikTok and a Snapchap. She's going to cash in on this murder big time! And people are saying things like good for her, and she deserves this. Maybe I'm just an ol' fashioned stick in the mud and yes, she would deserve all these wonderful things and all the money... if she'd gotten away from the abuse like the Turpin kids... or Ruby Franke's kids. But she hired someone to murder her mother and gave him the knife and is now raking in the dough. Having trouble with this one... yep, yep I am. 🥺

Last edited:
Life without chance of parole. She found him... get this... on a Christian dating site.
I just read up about it on Wikipedia.

Gypsy sounds as though she had a life outside of her mother's control - her attendances at conventions (where she was found in a hotel room with a man), her shopping trip (surely her mother was not with her when she bought baby clothes and a knife?) and, I wonder why she did not mention to the neighbour that the alleged ill health wasn't true as, apparently, she did tell the neighbour about her online boyfriend and their plans to elope.

It's certainly a strange case.

Gypsy sounds as though she had a life outside of her mother's control - her attendances at conventions (where she was found in a hotel room with a man), her shopping trip (surely her mother was not with her when she bought baby clothes and a knife?) and, I wonder why she did not mention to the neighbour that the alleged ill health wasn't true as, apparently, she did tell the neighbour about her online boyfriend and their plans to elope.
Yes, I've wondered about this, too... plus she was free to get onto the 'Net and join a dating site, so not like a prisoner or anything. Strange for sure, and I think that the full truth will never come out.

Yes, I've wondered about this, too... plus she was free to get onto the 'Net and join a dating site, so not like a prisoner or anything. Strange for sure, and I think that the full truth will never come out.
Yes, that too. The mother is said to have used a hammer to smash Gypsy's computer to prevent her using the dating site but, Gypsy seemed to have several different devices which enabled her to continue to go online. Certainly the abuse when she was young and growing up would have had a lot to do with the person she became but, I agree, there seems to be a lot of unanswered questions.

I believe that she will not be able to profit from the telling of her story. Goes back to the Sone of Sam here in the US.
I am torn...her mom was a bit warped....and attention seeking. They called it Munchausen by Proxy. If any of you have HBO/Max, there is a documentary called Mommy Dead and Dearest. which is an interesting telling. I hope she gets some mental health help. I know she has the support of her dad and stepmom

I believe that she will not be able to profit from the telling of her story. Goes back to the Sone of Sam here in the US.
I am torn...her mom was a bit warped....and attention seeking. They called it Munchausen by Proxy. If any of you have HBO/Max, there is a documentary called Mommy Dead and Dearest. which is an interesting telling. I hope she gets some mental health help. I know she has the support of her dad and stepmom
I was reading some of the TMZ comments... people were saying that many kids are abused and even tortured in the world and they don't go hire someone to kill their parent. It sounds as if she'll be able to cash in on her social media sites if not a book or movie but I suppose that could change. And if what I read was accurate, she's been getting mental health services for these 8 years that she's been jailed, so hopefully it did some good. Wonder what happens if Godejohn starts telling some truth?

You can find a lot of people with post murder convictions have large followings. The Menendez Brothers, Scott Peterson and the list goes on. Even Charlie Manson got more mail than the president in the early days of his conviction.

Back