How did you come up with your 'user' name?

It is the name of a Scotch whisky distillery on the island of Islay in the Inner Hebrides. I actually visited there some years ago and got a VIP tour
by the Operations Manager which included a special whisky tasting.

and whisky tasting.IMG_0173.JPGIMG_0180.JPG

I grew up watching and loving movies
One of my favorite things to do before Covid changed everything was going to the movies, usually 1-3 times/ month. My 'movie buddy' was Marcia&Dave's youngest son, Alexei He would provide the transportation, I would buy the tickets,it was great The last movie we saw together was'Mrs Harris Goes to Paris'

During glaucoma surgery, one eye at a time, my doctor surprised me by correcting my nearsightedness and astigmatism so that I could see 20/20. The surgeries were approximately a year apart. After the first one my brain couldn't process the major differences in vision of each eye. I tried removing the right lens of my glasses...didn't work. Since I had to start putting so many drops in my eyes, contacts weren't an option. Finally I substituted brown construction paper for the right eyeglass lens. My frames were tortoise shell colored.

My husband and I went to the mall one day and I could tell people were looking at me strangely as they approached. If I was younger I would've been mortified, but I thought it was kind of funny because I imagined that from a distance it probably looked like I only had one eye (since the glasses frame and construction paper were similar to the color of my skin). Fancying myself a music Diva, I chose the name OneEyedDiva.

When I was a little boy, a large bee landed on the back of my neck while I was playing in the backyard.

I walked around to the front of the house where Dad was cleaning his golf clubs. I gingerly pointed to the big bee and Dad swatted it off for me. Ever since he has called me Beezer...going on 50 years!

"Mobilman44" came to me many years ago when I signed up for AOL. At the time I was working for Mobil Oil, and I was born in '44. You might ask, why would anyone include their employer name in a personal identification situation.

Well, out of Junior College I worked at a fancy hospital and got a wealth of exposure but not much money. Then I went to work for an edible oil company (part of a conglomerate), got transferred twice, and got my BSC. But the hours were long, and the money and benefits were just enough to hold me there for seven years.

I then managed to get with Mobil Oil (brand new refinery in Illinois) and everything about the place, environment, and compensation/benefits was outstanding. Compared to what I had experienced the last ten years, I thought I "died and went to Heaven". I stayed with them until the merger with Exxon in 2000, and stayed with ExxonMobil until I retired in 2006 - giving me 33 years with the Companies.

Sorry, I guess the above is what the kids call "TMI"........

Last edited:
That works. I don't eat dairy anymore so no peppermint patties but I will buy plant based mint ice cream (and others) at the grocery outlet when they have it. Otherwise too expensive at other stores. I allow myself one every two weeks only.
These were dark peppermint patties. A small amount of milk perhaps. I’ll never give up chocolate. It’s way too delicious. 🤤 Plant based mint ice cream sounds. Do you have a name brand. I might need to check it out for my diet. LOL!!! 😂

Back