I apologize to the members

Hey, so its good to know you are human! We all get our strings pulled at one time or another, and there are times when we just can't hold back. And come to think of it, maybe at those times you shouldn't hold back!

That said, IMO you must be a really good person to apologize.

All is well.......

I have no idea what you are apologising for, that's irrelevant to me.
I always say that if someone is big enough to apologise then that apology should be accepted unless there's a good reason not to.
I think PP is referring to her conversation with VintageBetter?

It's funny 'cause being on the Internet allows one time not to say anything, or exactly how to say something, a luxury we don't have in actual face to face conversations. Yet, some of us forget that and spontaneously shoot our mouths off anyway. I sure have done that too, @PeppermintPatty

eta
HAH! Just saw PP started this thread at 4:20! That is immensely funny to me. :ROFLMAO:

It's funny 'cause being on the Internet allows one time not to say anything, or exactly how to say something, a luxury we don't have in actual face to face conversations. Yet, some of us forget that and spontaneously shoot our mouths off anyway. I sure have done that too, @PeppermintPatty
I need to learn that I don’t have to comment to negativity. People have a right to comment. It doesn’t mean I ‘have’ to react.

The post I got attacked on was about forgiveness. It’s harder to forgive. It’s much easier to keep the animosity going but when and where does it end?

I’m hoping ‘this’ will be my lessen to not react. Personal attacks don’t need a response. Personal attacks don’t deserve a response. I need to be more mature.

Thanks for the support though. It’s appreciated.

eta
HAH! Just saw PP started this thread at 4:20! That is immensely funny to me. :ROFLMAO:
Haha. That IS funny. Maybe even a sign.

Patty, my love, because I love you, have you read The Four Agreements?
" 'The Four Agreements' by Don Miguel Ruiz is a self-help book that outlines four principles for living a meaningful life. It encourages readers to be impeccable with their words, not to take things personally, never make assumptions, and always do their best."

The Chapter on Not Taking Things Personally is one of the most important things I've ever read in my long life. Not that I live by it, I forget most of the time, but it is so true. I urge you to read this if you have not already.

" 'The Four Agreements' by Don Miguel Ruiz is a self-help book that outlines four principles for living a meaningful life. It encourages readers to be impeccable with their words, not to take things personally, never make assumptions, and always do their best."

The Chapter on Not Taking Things Personally is one of the most important things I've ever read in my long life. Not that I live by it, I forget most of the time, but it is so true. I urge you to read this if you have not already.
Oddly enough, yesterday I searched for that book in our basement. It’s one of my favourite books on spirituality and I ‘know’ I have it somewhere.

I take everything personally. Clearly my EGO is over inflated or I wouldn’t feel the need to defend it so.

I have read it but shall read it again.
Thanks for the suggestion. It’s a good one.

I shall download it if I can’t find it

Last edited:

At the moment I’m reading this book.
It’s a really good book. This is probably my 4th time reading it

IMG_4291.jpeg

It is very admirable that you apologized. It happens to many of us. When I first joined this forum I took things so personally that the next day I would have a horrible day just thinking about the fight I'd been in online. I have apologized to at least one person in the forum through a PM.

These days, I try not to take anything personally. I don't think anyone is here to belittle anyone else. We all have "triggers".

I applaud you for publicly apologizing Patty! Some people never admit to or apologize for what they do wrong. Hopefully you also sent a private apology to the person you feel you overreacted to.

Back