Saint Patrick's Day - March 17th

St.+Patrick+statue+spread+the+faith.jpg

How The Irish Really Celebrate St Patricks Day In Dublin

There’s more to Dublin’s St Patrick’s Festival than the parade: it now spans five days and celebrates all aspects of Irish culture – traditional and modern. With many of the best events taking place in the run-up to 17 March, there are always gigs by some of the best Irish musicians working today – in venues such as the National Concert Hall and The Sugar Club – as well as contemporary art exhibitions that typically run throughout the entire festival (for example, a show by the female Irish art collective Epoch at Roe & Co’s Thomas Street distillery during the 2020 festival).

How St Patricks Day Became A National Day Of Celebration In Ireland

Johnny Cash wrote this song while visiting Ireland in 1959. His daughter, Rosanne and Cash family are singing it here...
It's a well known song in Ireland but not many know that Johnny Cash wrote it.
You will have to Click "Watch on Youtube" to view it. 🍀

My mother was the champion of finding four leaf clovers. She could walk into a field of clover, bend over and pluck a 4-leaf, it seemed, at will.
A talent I failed to inherit. Give it a try now and again but always fall short.

Do manage to lift a pint or two on St. Patrick's Day though - at home. Don't fall short there. . .

For the Fin's among us looking for a warm-up to St. Patrick's Day. March 16th celebrates Saint Urho Day. St. Urho being the fictional patron saint of Finland. Sharon and I both got our St. Urho pins while on vacation in Menahga, MN summer last.

Saint Patrick's Day heralding in the arrival of spring. Good reason to lift a pint in celebration. Cheers, mates.

Back