The most controversial thread ever posted in this Forum!

Old Salt

You may find this shocking, coming from me but I have developed a theory that explains most of the turmoil we have seen in this new century.

Like increases to the retirement age and the resulting riots in France, same in most other industrialized countries who have to up the R.A. to 67 from 65 because not enough children are being born to support increasingly longer lived folks like us. Increased divorces and cases of infidelity!

But a remark in another thread illuminated me! I haven't figured out yet how inflation plays a part in all this but will manage to tie it in to the subject somehow down the road.

Here's my theory: It all has to do with the demise of sexy lingerie! Yes, thank you for bringing up Victoria's Secret in THAT thread, poster whose name I forgot because I'm old! At one time men found women in lingerie greatly stimulating and even women sported it, not for men but because they felt beautiful wearing something silky and alluring.

Then came tights and cotton and "comfortable," and bedwear that now consisted of loose cotton pants and a t-shirt! Okay, draw your own conclusions, I don't dare to be too frank in this forum, we seniors can be fragile. But think about it! Childbirths down dramatically? That alone should earn a big "Duh" when it comes to the why of all this turmoil!!! Q.E.D.

Last edited:
You may find this shocking, coming from me but I have developed a theory that explains most of the turmoil we have seen in this new century.

Increases to the retirement age and the resulting riots in France, same in most other industrialized countries who have to up the R.A. to 67 from 65 because not enough children are being born to support increasingly longer lived folks like us. Increased divorces and cases of infidelity!

And a remark in another thread illuminated me! I haven't figured out yet how inflation plays a part in all this but will manage to tie it in to the subject somehow down the road.

Here's my theory: It all has to do with the demise of sexy lingerie! Yes, thank you for bringing up Victoria's Secret in THAT thread, poster whose name I forgot because I'm old! At one time men found lingerie greatly stimulating and even women sported it because they felt beautiful wearing something silky and alluring.

Then came tights and cotton and "comfortable," and bedwear that now consisted of loose cotton pants and a t-shirt! Okay, draw your own conclusions, I don't dare to be too frank in this forum, we seniors can be fragile. But think about it! Childbirths down dramatically? That alone should earn a big "Duh" when it comes to the why all this turmoil!!! Q.E.D.
I thought here is a thread I might be able to contribute to.
Started out promising, then came the lingerie.
Honestly, I have never seen a lady in lingerie, in my company. Am I missing out?

Increases to the retirement age and the resulting riots in France, same in most other industrialized countries who have to up the R.A. to 67 from 65 because not enough children are being born to support increasingly longer lived folks like us. Increased divorces and cases of infidelity!

And a remark in another thread illuminated me! I haven't figured out yet how inflation plays a part in all this but will manage to tie it in to the subject somehow down the road.

Here's my theory: It all has to do with the demise of sexy lingerie! Yes, thank you for bringing up Victoria's Secret in THAT thread, poster whose name I forgot because I'm old! At one time men found lingerie greatly stimulating and even women sported it because they felt beautiful wearing something silky and alluring.

Then came tights and cotton and "comfortable," and bedwear that now consisted of loose cotton pants and a t-shirt! Okay, draw your own conclusions, I don't dare to be too frank in this forum, we seniors can be fragile. But think about it! Childbirths down dramatically? That alone should earn a big "Duh" when it comes to the why all this turmoil!!! Q.E.D.
What about men’s provocative undergarments? 😁

Here's my theory: It all has to do with the demise of sexy lingerie! Yes, thank you for bringing up Victoria's Secret in THAT thread, poster whose name I forgot because I'm old! At one time men found women in lingerie greatly stimulating and even women sported it, not for men but because they felt beautiful wearing something silky and alluring.

Then came tights and cotton and "comfortable," and bedwear that now consisted of loose cotton pants and a t-shirt! Okay, draw your own conclusions, I don't dare to be too frank in this forum, we seniors can be fragile. But think about it! Childbirths down dramatically? That alone should earn a big "Duh" when it comes to the why of all this turmoil!!! Q.E.D.

I feel your pain, and understand your point perfectly. And then lets consider onesies! Or rather lets not.

I'm considering wearing a onesie of my own in bed, in protest... again!:

mens onesie.JPG

Last edited:
Are you a furry in training? 😜

Well… from some recent exploits on the internet; something I discovered by accident I hasten to add. It seems that some women pay good money to watch men dressed up in this kind of thing. It kind of opened up a whole new world I was never aware of. When watching those videos I didn’t know whether I ought to be scared, or not.

Well… from some recent exploits on the internet; something I discovered by accident I hasten to add. It seems that some women pay good money to watch men dressed up in this kind of thing. It kind of opened up a whole new world I was never aware of. When watching those videos I didn’t know whether I ought to be scared, or not.
You’ll be ok unless they ask you to pole dance. Lol.

At one time men found lingerie greatly stimulating
I still do, when worn by a woman anyway.

Tell me about it @Alligatorob !

I have first-hand experience of it: Getting out of bed on a dark winter morning. Having a shower then returning to the bedroom. Leaving the light off when getting dressed so not to wake up my girlfriend. (I’m thoughtful like that). Fumbling around in the dark as I'm putting clothes on. Then getting to work only to realise I have someone else’s underwear on, that’s pinching and gripping me in all the wrong places. Talk about "greatly stimulating!"

At work I then had to persevere with it all day. I couldn’t sit down properly for a week!

UPDATE:
Oh right…? I see what you mean now. I misunderstood what you were saying. …can I go now. :confused:

Last edited:
Tell me about it @Alligatorob !

I have first-hand experience of it: Getting out of bed on a dark winter morning. Having a shower then returning to the bedroom. Leaving the light off when getting dressed so not to wake up my girlfriend. (I’m thoughtful like that). Fumbling around in the dark as I'm putting clothes on. Then getting to work only to realise I have someone else’s underwear on, that’s pinching and gripping me in all the wrong places. Talk about "greatly stimulating!"

At work I then had to persevere with it all day. I couldn’t sit down properly for a week!

UPDATE:
Oh right…? I see what you mean now. I misunderstood what you were saying. …can I go now. :confused:
Hmmm. Not until you dance! 😁

Passion-killers will be the order of the day until men learn to value women as people in their own right. Is a man excited by the frilly undies or the woman wearing them? Is he turned on by the thought that she is wearing them to please him? Why do men like stockings and suspenders and garters?
On the other side of the coin, so few men dress smartly these days. This can be a turn-off for women. A shirt and tie is so much more alluring than a scruffy t-shirt. I particularly like to see a man wearing a proper coat, rather than a jacket.
Cops....motorbikes....leather....now that's a turn-on for most women.

Like increases to the retirement age and the resulting riots in France, same in most other industrialized countries who have to up the R.A. to 67 from 65 because not enough children are being born to support increasingly longer lived folks like us. Increased divorces and cases of infidelity!

I like comfort, sensible warm clothes. I'm long past caring otherwise.
What more can I say?

Passion-killers will be the order of the day until men learn to value women as people in their own right. Is a man excited by the frilly undies or the woman wearing them? Is he turned on by the thought that she is wearing them to please him? Why do men like stockings and suspenders and garters?
On the other side of the coin, so few men dress smartly these days. This can be a turn-off for women. A shirt and tie is so much more alluring than a scruffy t-shirt. I particularly like to see a man wearing a proper coat, rather than a jacket.
Cops....motorbikes....leather....now that's a turn-on for most women.
Exactly. What effort do men make?

Back