Who in your life hates you?

Or they hate you because of who you are, a foreigner, an agnostic, another race. Any number of traits can offend.
I used to work in a building with a huge a cafeteria where many people got coffee, etc. every morning. I suppose I looked fairly good most mornings, but only because I hadn't had time to get frizzy and messy yet. One summer morning I walked in wearing a new, pure white dress. Another young woman walked up to me and purposely threw a large coffee over my dress. (Hot!) Everyone gasped and I heard the woman's friend say, "Now that wasn't right." It couldn't have been anything but jealousy. Come to think of it, she might have hated me.

Some may think I'm being taken advantage of by taking our toddler grandson so often and keeping him for overnights. Truth is, we offer to have him and rarely turn down any opportunity to spend time with any of our grands.
I only wonder "Don't his own parents miss him?" I wish I saw my GS as often as you see yours, and people tell me I see mine a lot.

I only wonder "Don't his own parents miss him?" I wish I saw my GS as often as you see yours, and people tell me I see mine a lot.
My son had a very special relationship with my mother and he's hoping for the same with his children and DH & me. DIL's family lives an hour away and is more standoffish with the grandchildren. They love them, but to the best of my knowledge have never spent time alone with them. We're close by and will take the older one at the drop of a hat - and obviously the infant, too.

I used to work in a building with a huge a cafeteria where many people got coffee, etc. every morning. I suppose I looked fairly good most mornings, but only because I hadn't had time to get frizzy and messy yet. One summer morning I walked in wearing a new, pure white dress. Another young woman walked up to me and purposely threw a large coffee over my dress. (Hot!) Everyone gasped and I heard the woman's friend say, "Now that wasn't right." It couldn't have been anything but jealousy. Come to think of it, she might have hated me.
That's just outrageous!

That's ok. I really, really loved them. Apparently we balanced out the universe. ;)
An attorney during jury selection looked right at me even though I was trying to not make eye contact with any of them. He asked, “Do you like sports?” Of course I said yes and then he asked about the Seattle Mariners. Then he says “You probably hate the Yankees right?” Of course I said yes. The point was what he described as a “silly bias.” The next thing I know I’m juror number 10. Geez!

Last edited:

Back