What's on your travel bucket list

Glowworm

I've been to quite a few places over the years but there are still a lot more I'd like to visit. This is my bucket list of the ten places I'd most like to visit. All of this will of course have to wait until Covid-19 is no longer a threat.
  1. Krakow, Poland
  2. Gibraltar
  3. Provence, France
  4. Iguazu Falls
  5. Victoria Falls
  6. Yosemite and Yellowstone National Parks
  7. Coast to coast train Canada
  8. New Zealand
  9. Galapagos Islands
  10. Machu Picchu
Some are within easy reach, others further away or more difficult. There are now special tours to Machu Picchu for wheelchair users but they come in at around $1,500 for four days.

I'd also love to do a round the world cruise. Anyone ever done one?

So, what's on your travel bucket list?

I'd like to do Australia again Pinky, possibly in combination with New Zealand

I missed both cities when I was there Pinky. The closest I got to either of them was Mildura on my road trip from West Wyalong to Alice Springs

If I were still traveling, I'd definitely go to Banff and spend time at Lake Louise and Jasper National Park. In addition, I also love to visit the Lake District of the U.K. where the scenery is like no other on this earth.
I'd love to go there, but my husband worked there for 6 months and hated it, so he refuses to return... and my daughter used to travel to Canada once a month for several years as part of her corporate job, so she won't come with me... , so I have to satisfy myself with Youtube videos of the area...

I've been to quite a few places over the years but there are still a lot more I'd like to visit. This is my bucket list of the ten places I'd most like to visit. All of this will of course have to wait until Covid-19 is no longer a threat.
  1. Krakow, Poland
  2. Gibraltar
  3. Provence, France
  4. Iguazu Falls
  5. Victoria Falls
  6. Yosemite and Yellowstone National Parks
  7. Coast to coast train Canada
  8. New Zealand
  9. Galapagos Islands
  10. Machu Picchu
Some are within easy reach, others further away or more difficult. There are now special tours to Machu Picchu for wheelchair users but they come in at around $1,500 for four days.

I'd also love to do a round the world cruise. Anyone ever done one?

So, what's on your travel bucket list?
Forget Gibralter, it's such a dump...really it's a waste of your money...

I've never seen the giant redwoods in California. We may being taking a road trip out there when the weather is better.

I've been to London and Paris, and Machu Picchu... I don't have any real desire to travel that much. Maybe go back to Europe and ride the high-speed trains all over. That would be cool. I hate flying -- being stuck in a little tube like sardines in a can, but trains are cool.

So, on second thought... my travel bucket list is to ride the trains all over Europe! :)

Here are some of the places I'd like to visit. I've left some off the list and I've forgotten to list others.

South Africa - for both wine tasting and a safari. If I'm climbing again I'd like to do some climbing on Table Mountain.

Chile - More wine tasting and hiking in the Patagonia region

Croatia - Even more wine tasting and touring the country

Eastern Europe - Could be many places there I haven't decided.

Latvia - I'd like to see where my great grandfather was born.

Norway - I'd love to do a cruise to see the northern lights and visit some of the fjords.

Sweden - I'm intrigued by the country and I know several of the musical artists I love are from there.

Germany - I've only been in the airport there, I'd do some beer tasting and wine tasting too.

Portugal - Wine tasting and touring.

Japan - I was there with my parents as a teenager but I'd like to go back again.

Ethiopia - The food is amazing and it seems like an interesting country

France - I've been to Paris but I'd like to spend time around the wine regions.

Places on my list that I'm choosing not to go to for now

China - I don't want to support such a repressive government

Egypt - I'm not convinced it's save there, they have a repressive government and the status of women in their society is off putting for me.

Brazil - There are several places there I'd like to visit but I don't appreciate what the current president is doing to the Amazon region.

Brazil - There are several places there I'd like to visit but I don't appreciate what the current president is doing to the Amazon region.
FYI - Many cities along the Amazon river starting with Belem are hell-holes. Not exactly "tourist friendly".
DSCF1990.JPGDSCF1992.JPG
A lot of beautiful coastal towns along the east coast of Brazil, south of the Amazon toward Argentina.
Rio is interesting but sketchy in many areas.

FYI - Many cities along the Amazon river starting with Belem are hell-holes. Not exactly "tourist friendly".
View attachment 150361View attachment 150362
A lot of beautiful coastal towns along the east coast of Brazil, south of the Amazon toward Argentina.
Rio is interesting but sketchy in many areas.

As much as I'm ashamed to say so one can find similar scenes in San Francisco, San Jose and Santa Cruz these days.

Back