Reflections of My Life

Is Jeff's bed together now and is he sleeping ok? He must feel so good being in a nice building and having you near.
Yes, but I suspect he is sleeping with the mattress on the floor. He said he had another idea for the frame?????????? So what he meant by that I do not know. One of the guys downstairs is giving him a chair and a couch. So all he needs now is a table. I have been staying away after the first day so that he could put his apartment together his way. I try not to "mother" him too much.

This morning my friend is coming up from Binghamton to take me shopping. It is her day off as she is still working at her job. I was planning on ordering groceries for a delivery but when I mentioned that she insisted on coming up. I would rather that anyway. It is fun to spend the day with a girlfriend.

Yesterday I got my air conditioner going. I knew when I came back from my walk yesterday I was going to be hot. I was but the apartment was cool. Then I had the Keto Chow ice cream. Cooled me right off. I had to change the placement of the chair that was in front of the air conditioner. Now it is in front of the curio cabinet which I did not want to do but have no choice. I need to keep the path through there clear for my walker and me.

I still have not managed to get Jeff's phone up and working. I didn't even set up my own. But in the future I will have to. The guy at Walmart did mine according to what Sonny told him to do. I would have liked it to be set up fresh not transferring everything from the old phone. I do not want mine connected to the internet at all. Which I suspect means not having it signed in to Google or it grabs all my information from there. I use it as a phone only. I don't even like the texts on it but have to because everyone uses it for security.

Today we are having coffee hour downstairs in the community room. The manager asked me to come to it so I will be going. It is her meeting when she can have everyone together and discuss everything going on around here. It is a good thing. The reason I hadn't been going was because they eat all kinds of sweets with their coffee. I no longer feel tempted by that kind of thing so I think I will be okay.........no, I KNOW I will be okay. What other people want to eat, even when they have health conditions and should know better is their own business.

I recently replaced Fidelis Health Care with United Health Care and am really happy with it. So far. It includes a free gym membership, fitness classes and brain health content called Renew Active. It just so happens it is available at the local YMCA. I am going to walk to the YMCA on a day it is not raining (every day from now until next Tuesday). It is a 6 minute walk (according to Google) and 0.2 miles. Going to see about getting myself signed up to it. I want to use the pool and get into a regular program of swimming and using the exercise machines. I am going to make myself do this.

The reason I hadn't been going was because they eat all kinds of sweets with their coffee. I no longer feel tempted by that kind of thing so I think I will be okay.........no, I KNOW I will be okay. What other people want to eat, even when they have health conditions and should know better is their own business.
I know what you mean. Yesterday I received a package of herbal/botanical tea and they included some "Skittles" and 2 sweet candies. It took me about 3 seconds to toss them in the garbage. I don't hardly even think about the reasons I won't eat sugar and such anymore. I just don't do it. :)

I know what you mean. Yesterday I received a package of herbal/botanical tea and they included some "Skittles" and 2 sweet candies. It took me about 3 seconds to toss them in the garbage. I don't hardly even think about the reasons I won't eat sugar and such anymore. I just don't do it. :)
I went to that meeting and the table was covered with every type of muffin possible! I usually do IF but because I was going down to the meeting and knew they would be eating.......I fixed my own breakfast early. Well, I didn't even have coffee while I was there. Proud of myself today!

In fact, the manager was sitting next to me and remembered that I said I don't go to those things because of that kind of food. So she brought up the fact that some people are on special diets and can't eat sweets and things. Do you know nobody there had a clue what you could serve to eat to people who are diabetic or eat special diets? They asked me. I said cheese and cold cuts. Pork rinds, low carb vegetables and a dip. To be honest though, I would rather eat at home and skip the snacks. I don't usually eat snacks so why eat them because everyone else is?

I went to that meeting and the table was covered with every type of muffin possible! I usually do IF but because I was going down to the meeting and knew they would be eating.......I fixed my own breakfast early. Well, I didn't even have coffee while I was there. Proud of myself today!

In fact, the manager was sitting next to me and remembered that I said I don't go to those things because of that kind of food. So she brought up the fact that some people are on special diets and can't eat sweets and things. Do you know nobody there had a clue what you could serve to eat to people who are diabetic or eat special diets? They asked me. I said cheese and cold cuts. Pork rinds, low carb vegetables and a dip. To be honest though, I would rather eat at home and skip the snacks. I don't usually eat snacks so why eat them because everyone else is?
The sweet things are usually cheaper.

Yesterday, I had to cut Rabbit's claws and he was a good boy. But...........I cut one and got the vein! Made my bunny boy bleed! He bled a lot. I kept him on my lap and wrapped a cloth around the foot and held it tight. It stopped bleeding and he seemed okay but I felt horrible about hurting him. I still feel bad. Gave him extra banana pieces to make up for it.

Yesterday, I had to cut Rabbit's claws and he was a good boy. But...........I cut one and got the vein! Made my bunny boy bleed! He bled a lot. I kept him on my lap and wrapped a cloth around the foot and held it tight. It stopped bleeding and he seemed okay but I felt horrible about hurting him. I still feel bad. Gave him extra banana pieces to make up for it.
These things happen sometimes. I bet Bunny Boy doesn't even remember it. 🌹

I am not going to say what I want to do today because I don't always do it. I make a list and try to do everything on it but it is a rare day when I get it all done.

Yesterday, I got an email from the management of my apartment building. I was able to sign up for an account and will be able to pay the rent, look at my lease, schedule maintenance (not having to make up the request and leave at the office), etc. Even complaints. This will save me from having to walk to the post office and buy money orders. Since I normally buy the money order a month in advance for my rent, I will have to put it in my savings and pay it from there or transfer it when it is due.

Last night I watched some YT videos on setting up Jeff's phone. It was helpful, but the channel was from Australia. I will go back to it with the phone and see if I can do it. It seemed to be the best video that I could understand. I am going to look for one for my own phone because I know I do not use it as I should.

I am not going to say what I want to do today because I don't always do it. I make a list and try to do everything on it but it is a rare day when I get it all done.

Yesterday, I got an email from the management of my apartment building. I was able to sign up for an account and will be able to pay the rent, look at my lease, schedule maintenance (not having to make up the request and leave at the office), etc. Even complaints. This will save me from having to walk to the post office and buy money orders. Since I normally buy the money order a month in advance for my rent, I will have to put it in my savings and pay it from there or transfer it when it is due.

Last night I watched some YT videos on setting up Jeff's phone. It was helpful, but the channel was from Australia. I will go back to it with the phone and see if I can do it. It seemed to be the best video that I could understand. I am going to look for one for my own phone because I know I do not use it as I should.
We have had several devices that we had to learn how to use. I know that these Chat Bot Assistants are new, and do give some false information. But, if you get specific about the kind of device you are working with, the bot will know most everything there is to answer any questions on how it works, and how to set it up. It knows how the screen looks, what to click on, etc.

You need to be as specific about what your doing as you can. It also can teach you how to use apps, and software programs on a PC, or tablet. If you are interested in trying one I use, it is at Pi.ai. There might be better ones, and I have tried a few, but Pi is best for me.

At any rate I hope it goes as easy as possible for you. :)

Yesterday I printed out a "dummy" calendar for May and when the manager comes in today I am taking it down to show her. We used to have a manager when I first came here who put one on everyone's door each month. I copied it but added to it all our events here but in the community as well. It has birthdays, coffee hour, potluck supper, Bingo, food bank box delivery, etc. I would make it on my computer and then take it to the copy store down the street to have the copies made. It is cheap only about $3. for 35 of them I think.

Yesterday afternoon, we had thunderstorm. I turned everything off and unplugged it all. It went on for awhile. I used to be deathly afraid during a storm but since living here I am over that. I unplug everything to stay on the safe side. I do not want to chance losing anything. Someone here lost a modem and someone else a television a few years back. It doesn't hurt to turn everything off while the storm is raging.

This morning I did my laundry. I had let it go and was behind. It took awhile. Now it is all put away and I am having Maple Waffle Keto Chow ice cream for my first meal of the day. Recently I quit doing Intermitten Fasting because I was not getting enough protein. Today though, I ended up not eating till now. It is okay as long as I don't eat anything after 6 PM.

It is sunny, but chilly out. 55 degrees and breezy. I have the window open and Rabbit is sleeping nearby. He likes the window open. My plan for the rest of the day is to do some small chores that need to be done. I cleaned out my file drawer. Had six years worth of papers just from living here. I still have some piles of papers from that to go through.

Last edited:
Last week one of the apartments had its emergency cord pulled and it is pretty loud. It was from a downstairs apartment and it kept ringing and nobody could get into his apartment. They were pounding on the door and calling his name but he did not answer. So someone called 911. Finally someone got the door open with a credit card. He was sleeping and his cat had played with the cord that hangs down from the emergency button in the bathroom.

HUD had done an inspection recently and said the cords had to hang to the floor (in case you fell and are on the floor so you can reach it is what they said). EMT got there and went inside and woke the guy up.........he never heard it and it was very LOUD! His cat was responsible. Cats love to play with that cord. If I was going to fall I would not be near the wall where that emergency cord is. I would be in the center of the room or in the shower. Those things are senseless yet HUD is adamant about them hanging to the floor.

Last edited:
I know that was scary but I would love to have a cord I could just pull for help. Not only for my health issues but also for safety. If someone got in the house and I could not get to the phone, help would come. I do not keep a phone by the bed at this point because of scam calls all through the day. I sleep mostly during the day.

I know that was scary but I would love to have a cord I could just pull for help. Not only for my health issues but also for safety. If someone got in the house and I could not get to the phone, help would come. I do not keep a phone by the bed at this point because of scam calls all through the day. I sleep mostly during the day.
It doesn't work that way if you live alone. Somebody in the building has to call 911 for you if they cannot get in your apartment. I think those alerts you wear would be better. Like I said if I fell I would not be anywhere near the cord even if it was on the floor. My furniture is along the wall. I keep my phone on my walker and I always use my walker so even if I am in the shower it is right outside the shower (with my glasses too).

I no longer get scam calls on my phone. Not sure why. Sonny sometimes gets 30 in one day!!! I don't get any junk mail in my mailbox and in my email I only get the ones sent by companies I bought something from.

Shutting your phone off when you're going to sleep might help.

You should be able to put your phone on Do Not Disturb for set time periods. Only approved favourites will be able to call you. The other alternative is to put the phone on Quiet so it doesn’t make any sound.

Back