Reflections of My Life

I know that was scary but I would love to have a cord I could just pull for help. Not only for my health issues but also for safety. If someone got in the house and I could not get to the phone, help would come. I do not keep a phone by the bed at this point because of scam calls all through the day. I sleep mostly during the day.

Blessed, I gave a neighbor lady a canned air horn like they
use on boats, that way she could let me know when she
had problems...we were close by so it worked out fine, this
was long time ago in florida......you might want to consider this.....don

I have been on a 70's & 80's kick lately. Maybe because I have good memories of those years. I have purchased a few music CDs that are compilations of music from that time period. Especially the 70's! That was my time! It is not surprising to me that listening to that music during the day sets my mood to feeling pretty good. Even if I don't feel good physically, I feel good mentally.

Music was always a big part of my life. From the first appearance of the Beatles I was so into it. I carried a transistor radio with me at all times. In the early 70's I worked as a bartender in a exotic dancing bar and music was blasting constantly. I loved it! It was a fun job and I have good memories of that time in my life. So some of the music I am listening to was music the dancers had on their tapes. I can clean my apartment at a much faster pace if the music is on and making me feel good while I work.

I can't dance now but I can sing along with it. As long as no one else is listening! I do not have a great music system. Just a small Sony boombox. I figured what's the sense of a bigger system (as I used to have in my prior lives) since I can't really play it very loud. I doubt anyone would complain during the day as quiet time is 11 PM-9 AM. It is loud enough for me here.

I am also into watching television shows from those time periods. Now that I have a DVD player I can look for them in the thrift stores. They say you can't go back but you can look back. I don't see what is wrong with remembering your past life and your good memories. I just ignore the bad ones.

This does not make sense to me. I live a block from the post office. Our mail is delivered at 10:30 AM. I recently had a problem like this and the item was sent back damaged. This is not liquid.

Shipped with USPS​

Tracking ID:​

Wednesday, April 17
10:07 AM
Package arrived at a carrier facility.
Norwich, NY US
8:56 AM
Package transferred to another carrier for delivery.
Norwich, NY US
8:53 AM
Package arrived at a carrier facility.
Norwich, NY US
4:39 AM
Package left an Amazon facility.
Lancaster, NY US
Tuesday, April 16
7:39 PM
Package arrived at an Amazon facility.
Lancaster, NY US

Carrier picked up the package.

Amazon sent me a message this morning apologizing for the delay. Says it will be delivered today. I shall see.

Today I have some paper piles to clear up and some paper work to do. In May, I will be going to a new doctor. Primary care for the wellness exam. I changed supplemental insurance company and doctor. I wanted a primary care doctor nearby, not forty miles away. Plus I wanted a smaller medical practice where the staff gets to know who you are at least. They sent me a paper I have to fill out and get back to them before the appointment.

Making some coleslaw this morning. Then some routine household chores. I want to get back to weeding through my pictures. Putting some back into albums I had taken them out of so I could scan them into my external hard drive. Got me to thinking if I needed to do that? Who is going to look at them anyway? Unless they are of my pets or my family, do I really need or look at them? Sometimes I do need a generic one for my blog and I like to use my own photos on that. I will be more critical going through them now.

Later this afternoon, I was alerted that our elevator is not working and do not take it. He said if you take it you may end up stuck on it. So I cancelled my hair appointment for tomorrow (which I hate to do). Plus I have 3 deliveries coming tomorrow and they are kind of heavy. So I am hoping our maintenance man will be here to help get them to my apartment.

He (the maintenance man) came here today to measure my area in the kitchen where he has to put a new cabinet and counter to replace the stove. I am so excited about that! Of course, he took everything apart I had there and said he would be back to put it all back. Never came back so I did it. Not that I mind. But he is a tad forgetful for a young guy.

Later this afternoon, I was alerted that our elevator is not working and do not take it. He said if you take it you may end up stuck on it. So I cancelled my hair appointment for tomorrow (which I hate to do). Plus I have 3 deliveries coming tomorrow and they are kind of heavy. So I am hoping our maintenance man will be here to help get them to my apartment.

He (the maintenance man) came here today to measure my area in the kitchen where he has to put a new cabinet and counter to replace the stove. I am so excited about that! Of course, he took everything apart I had there and said he would be back to put it all back. Never came back so I did it. Not that I mind. But he is a tad forgetful for a young guy.
I understand your excitement about getting rid of the stove and replacing with usable space. I rarely use my stove now, since I use the AF & the Microwave more .. and I wish I could get mine out and replace it with a cupboard or drawers, which would be far more useful to me...

I can’t imagine not using my stove you two:)). One of the women in my building removed hers too.
When I moved here 6 years ago, I was used to cooking on a gas stove and a wood stove. I turned on the electric stove and immediately that electric smell made me turn it off. I know everyone said it would go away after I had used it awhile but I hated it. I avoided cooking on it. I had my induction stove top burner so used that instead. And have ever since. Sonny gave me the Nuwave convection countertop oven and I use that for the oven.

Yesterday when the maintenance man turned one of the burners on to make sure it worked.......that smell again! I was sitting here and watched the smoke come off the top of the burner as it heated. No, I do not want to ever use one of them again. I like gas stoves better but my apartment is all electric.

The elevator is fixed. I talked to the repairman myself when he came up here to test it. He said it is all fixed! So I called my hair salon to see if she had filled my appointment but no, she didn't. So I will be getting ready to go to my appointment after all. Happy happy!

Walked to and from my hair appointment and when I got home my deliveries were here from Amazon. I brought them up and put away. It was two cases of Zevia. Cleaned my bunny's cage and then had some chocolate malt ice cream while listening to Donna Summer. Now I am coloring and going to watch my friend's videos from her outdoor cams in her yard. Every night she has 4 different ones with wild critters in them. It is really nice to see the different species sharing the food trays with each other. Especially the raccoon and the bunny! Then it will be supper time......

I made a mistake yesterday paying my hair stylist. She likes to be paid in cash and I always get the exact amount from the credit union on the day my money comes in. But this time I did not have the exact amount in bills. So gave her it in twenties and told her to give me five dollars back. When I got home, I realized I paid her a $15. tip! She is good but I don't tip that much usually. I should have said give me back $15......... My mistake! Next time I will make sure I have the exact amount.

I made more Keto Chow this morning. Had breakfast and now am taking my room apart to vacuum. Then I will see what I feel like doing. One of my knees seems to be worst than usual lately and I have to baby myself (which I hate!). So doing a 10 minute job much slower. At least I will get it done.

Jeff is doing good so far in his apartment. He said it is real quiet up there and he hardly ever sees anyone. He does not smoke out back with the other smokers but goes across the street to the park. He is an introvert as I mentioned before. So he keeps busy doing whatever. Like me I guess. Of course, it will be better once he gets a new computer. He has his music though (mixer & CD player) and headphones, so he will be okay.

I made a mistake yesterday paying my hair stylist. She likes to be paid in cash and I always get the exact amount from the credit union on the day my money comes in. But this time I did not have the exact amount in bills. So gave her it in twenties and told her to give me five dollars back. When I got home, I realized I paid her a $15. tip! She is good but I don't tip that much usually. I should have said give me back $15......... My mistake! Next time I will make sure I have the exact amount.

I made more Keto Chow this morning. Had breakfast and now am taking my room apart to vacuum. Then I will see what I feel like doing. One of my knees seems to be worst than usual lately and I have to baby myself (which I hate!). So doing a 10 minute job much slower. At least I will get it done.

Jeff is doing good so far in his apartment. He said it is real quiet up there and he hardly ever sees anyone. He does not smoke out back with the other smokers but goes across the street to the park. He is an introvert as I mentioned before. So he keeps busy doing whatever. Like me I guess. Of course, it will be better once he gets a new computer. He has his music though (mixer & CD player) and headphones, so he will be okay.
Kat, I guess you made your hair stylists day, altho' by mistake! Well, it will be your turn next.

I was glad to read about Jeff, I've been wondering how he's doing. Sounds good, since he's an introvert anyway. If you're pleased, then I am too. Do you get together now and then?

Watch that knee🌹

Kat, I guess you made your hair stylists day, altho' by mistake! Well, it will be your turn next.

I was glad to read about Jeff, I've been wondering how he's doing. Sounds good, since he's an introvert anyway. If you're pleased, then I am too. Do you get together now and then?

Watch that knee🌹
I may not see him every day but often. Though I think he came over here more when living down the street. I think that apartment was so awful he liked to get out of it. I feel he is safe here. Like this morning I heard sirens quite a bit, fire engine ones. Usually I would get nervous because his building had questionable people in it. Afraid their carelessness would start a fire. Now I know he is here so safer, even though we could have a fire too.

My son has had a bad coca-cola habit most of his life. Coke or coffee are his two drinks. He got that from his dad. Sometimes when I buy his groceries I will pick up a couple bottles for him (even though I hate his drinking that stuff!). Now the only kind of soda I buy and is in my refrigerator is Zevia which has no sugar and no colors or chemicals in it. The last couple of days I gave him a can of the cola because it is the one flavor I do not care for.

Tonight he asked me how I get it. I showed him the cans in the refrigerator because I just bought 2 cases and got them yesterday. He asked if I could order the cola for him! Then he said it has no sugar right? I said yes. He said good that is what he wants. Hmmmm........... Maybe there is hope for him after all (now if I could just get him to quit smoking).

My son has had a bad coca-cola habit most of his life. Coke or coffee are his two drinks. He got that from his dad. Sometimes when I buy his groceries I will pick up a couple bottles for him (even though I hate his drinking that stuff!). Now the only kind of soda I buy and is in my refrigerator is Zevia which has no sugar and no colors or chemicals in it. The last couple of days I gave him a can of the cola because it is the one flavor I do not care for.

Tonight he asked me how I get it. I showed him the cans in the refrigerator because I just bought 2 cases and got them yesterday. He asked if I could order the cola for him! Then he said it has no sugar right? I said yes. He said good that is what he wants. Hmmmm........... Maybe there is hope for him after all (now if I could just get him to quit smoking).
could it be Kat, that now he's moved into a Non-smoking apartment block and he will have to go outside to smoke, that he might eventually get tied of that and give up..?

Oh blimey she must have realised that was a mistake.. well just don't give her any tip for the next couple of appointments...

I am working on my budget for May. I am going to make it a no spend month. Only necessities, food and regular monthly expenses (like Rabbit's food, hair appointment, water delivery, etc.). I got a little bit behind this month because I bought things I could have waited for and not bought all at the same time.
Oh blimey she must have realised that was a mistake.. well just don't give her any tip for the next couple of appointments...
I don't know if I could do that.

Today I was downstairs doing a load of laundry. I color while down there. One of the guys who lives here has been spending a lot of time in the puzzle room putting puzzles together. The other day his girlfriend told me to go see the puzzle he was doing. It was a bunny! Today she came in the laundry room with the puzzle glued to a background so it could be hung. She said he made it for me! I couldn't believe it!

That’s weird about your electric stove emitting a smell. I also prefer gas but condos here only have electric. I have never had a stove smell.
It comes off the burners. I know that smell because I have had electric stoves in the past. It don't matter anyway because I didn't want to use it from the start. I already had my induction burner.

Back