Could covid 19 have been a bioweapon? Your thoughts?

Here we go again. More haters of the 1st Amendment.
It wasn't meant literally, Been There! Sheesh, you have to be so precise in these forums. It was the spirit behind it like, it would be so nice if Fox News and Twitter were suddenly gone and people started to think for themselves again! Not a hater, just wishful thinking!

It wasn't meant literally, Been There! Sheesh, you have to be so precise in these forums. It was the spirit behind it like, it would be so nice if Fox News and Twitter were suddenly gone and people started to think for themselves again! Not a hater, just wishful thinking!
If you want people to understand your comments, maybe you should be more clear when you post. People have been wanting to shut down Fox for the last several years and only since Musk took over Twitter have they wanted Twitter to be taken off the air. What do they fear? I like hearing both sides of the same item being argued.

I’m a Libertarian and I absolutely loathe the 2 party system. I think it divides the country too much. People end up voting for their party and not what’s best for the country. It reminds me of being back in high school and voting for the more popular person.

Last edited:
A family member of mine insisted years ago that future warfare would be unconventional and believed in germ / biological / and chemical warfare. I used to disagree thinking that would be too hard to unleash and control in a global population. It may have been at the time. I also believed the usual suspects who profit from conventional warfare wouldn't allow it. Now I think differently and concede the possibility of it.

What do you think about this? Thoughts and opinions please. Conspiracy theories are ok by me FYI.

Sadly, this is a very touchy subject. Conspiracy theories abound, and with that, the bar which represents "evidence" has been lowered significantly. There are those convinced it was man-made in a lab, but I've just not seen the evidence. I've seen conjecture, assertions, insinuation, and the liberal application of "well, it's too much of a coincidence", but I've not seen the actual indisputable evidence.

Could it have been a bioweapon? Sure, I guess. But let's not get carried away. There have been many pandemics in the past, and with all the traveling we do these days, the movement of products, it's actually surprising we haven't had more of them. Still, there are examples: HIV/AIDS, Flu (at least three times!), Cholera, and Black Death, etc. The east has had SARS in recent times.

As far as Covid 19 goes, what I see a lot of today is armchair quarterbacking. Sure, we know a lot about it now, and if we had known that at the time it hit, perhaps governments would have handled it differently. But the fact is, we didn't have the details. We were learning as we went. As it is, almost 7m people died. Not forgetting that local health services were overrun, emergency hospitals had to be built to cope, hospitals ran out of oxygen, doctors and nurses.

Personally, what I learned from Covid 19 was that if a more deadly virus was circling the world, a good number of people would die as they spluttered about how vaccines are evil and it's a big conspiracy. Large numbers of people would NOT pull together. In the UK we talk about the "war spirit" as a reference to World War II when the people came together to help each other and yes, the government, get through tough times. That's all gone, it seems, especially in the US.

I have had three vaccine injections thus far. I didn't have any issues with getting them, no pain, no after effects. I know others did. Some died of complications. It's tragic, but not a reason not to get the vaccine, imo. The vaccine wasn't just about me, it was about others, those you might leave behind, etc. For me, it was the right thing to do.

And don't get me started on face masks! The way some people acted as they fought for the right to not wear a mask temporarily while in public would have been funny if it weren't so damn sad. People claiming they can't breath through a mask, people saying the mask would have no effect, and so on. Just ridiculous nonsense, with no regard for others or just being a good member of society. I mean, talk about first world problems - some of them acted as though it threatened the very constitution - just attention seeking behavior masked by political ends.

In other words, some people - mostly on the right - weaponized the pandemic and tried to use it to beat others the head. A truly sad state of affairs, but the divisions of the country were write large.

So, that's my rant about Covid. Could it have been a bioweapon? Sure. Could it have escaped from a lab? Sure. But let's calm down, gather actual evidence, and take it from there. As I say, from what I've seen online myself, I don't see it. But of course, there are those who are totally convinced by the very same "proof". Either way, far too many failed the test of being team players, and fell back to saber rattling.

Sadly, this is a very touchy subject. Conspiracy theories abound, and with that, the bar which represents "evidence" has been lowered significantly. There are those convinced it was man-made in a lab, but I've just not seen the evidence. I've seen conjecture, assertions, insinuation, and the liberal application of "well, it's too much of a coincidence", but I've not seen the actual indisputable evidence.

Could it have been a bioweapon? Sure, I guess. But let's not get carried away. There have been many pandemics in the past, and with all the traveling we do these days, the movement of products, it's actually surprising we haven't had more of them. Still, there are examples: HIV/AIDS, Flu (at least three times!), Cholera, and Black Death, etc. The east has had SARS in recent times.

As far as Covid 19 goes, what I see a lot of today is armchair quarterbacking. Sure, we know a lot about it now, and if we had known that at the time it hit, perhaps governments would have handled it differently. But the fact is, we didn't have the details. We were learning as we went. As it is, almost 7m people died. Not forgetting that local health services were overrun, emergency hospitals had to be built to cope, hospitals ran out of oxygen, doctors and nurses.

Personally, what I learned from Covid 19 was that if a more deadly virus was circling the world, a good number of people would die as they spluttered about how vaccines are evil and it's a big conspiracy. Large numbers of people would NOT pull together. In the UK we talk about the "war spirit" as a reference to World War II when the people came together to help each other and yes, the government, get through tough times. That's all gone, it seems, especially in the US.

I have had three vaccine injections thus far. I didn't have any issues with getting them, no pain, no after effects. I know others did. Some died of complications. It's tragic, but not a reason not to get the vaccine, imo. The vaccine wasn't just about me, it was about others, those you might leave behind, etc. For me, it was the right thing to do.

And don't get me started on face masks! The way some people acted as they fought for the right to not wear a mask temporarily while in public would have been funny if it weren't so damn sad. People claiming they can't breath through a mask, people saying the mask would have no effect, and so on. Just ridiculous nonsense, with no regard for others or just being a good member of society. I mean, talk about first world problems - some of them acted as though it threatened the very constitution - just attention seeking behavior masked by political ends.

In other words, some people - mostly on the right - weaponized the pandemic and tried to use it to beat others the head. A truly sad state of affairs, but the divisions of the country were write large.

So, that's my rant about Covid. Could it have been a bioweapon? Sure. Could it have escaped from a lab? Sure. But let's calm down, gather actual evidence, and take it from there. As I say, from what I've seen online myself, I don't see it. But of course, there are those who are totally convinced by the very same "proof". Either way, far too many failed the test of being team players, and fell back to saber rattling.
Maybe it WAS weaponized politically. But, I am not on the right. I'm not on the left anymore either. I'm someone who enjoys discussing unknowns with everyone regardless of political ideology which I no longer subscribe to. Just to have an open debate free from censorship and taking sides which do not help us to solve a problem but further divide us.

Such open discussion is what interests me. And I DO believe the so called conspiracy theorists were correct about a lot. And they still are, only now it's climate change acting as the driving force and not a virus. :unsure:

If you want people to understand your comments, maybe you should be more clear when you post. People have been wanting to shut down Fox for the last several years and only since Musk took over Twitter have they wanted Twitter to be taken off the air. What do they fear? I like hearing both sides of the same item being argued.

I’m a Libertarian and I absolutely loathe the 2 party system. I think it divides the country too much. People end up voting for their party and not what’s best for the country. It reminds me of being back in high school and voting for the more popular person.
I like hearing both sides of the issue on Twitter now too. Censorship only tells me a platform is afraid of truths that may be revealed.

Maybe it WAS weaponized politically. But, I am not on the right. I'm not on the left anymore either. I'm someone who enjoys discussing unknowns with everyone regardless of political ideology which I no longer subscribe to. Just to have an open debate free from censorship and taking sides which do not help us to solve a problem but further divide us.

Such open discussion is what interests me. And I DO believe the so called conspiracy theorists were correct about a lot. And they still are, only now it's climate change acting as the driving force and not a virus. :unsure:

I wasn't aiming my post at any individual here, I was merely summing up what I've seen. Climate change, which is obviously a whole other topic, is very real. But again, it's been weaponized by some who favor conspiracies. That pretty much prevents any serious discourse, imo.

You specifically mentioned Fox which is a Republican leaning News station. Not CNN not MSNBC. Sheesh is right.

Seriously, all mainstream media is worthless. Fox, CNN CBS, NBC, MSNBC, BBC, - all of it. I haven't bothered with any of it in a long time.

So now I'm curious - where do you get your news from? So called "alternative media" is just the same old thing for clicks. It's all media. And that only leaves Social Media, which is a cesspool worse than ANY TV station. I mean twitter is bad. Truth Social... well it goes without saying.

I think the answer is to source from multiple places when the topic is contentious. Read/watch some left leaning media, read/watch some right leaning media. Evaluate. So many sources - especially alternate media - aren't doing any journalism at all. They're simply all commenting on what other people have published. That or they're all using a reuters feed.......

You specifically mentioned Fox which is a Republican leaning News station. Not CNN not MSNBC. Sheesh is right.
Yes, but look at their (Fox) evening aces! Sorry I haven't looked in lately so I forgot their names. One was let go not so long ago. Many of their rants were so ridiculous that I stopped watching but they still misled the many, or managed to stir up hateful anti-left sentiment. Records show that the two spouted one thing while they believed something else just for ratings sake. Yes, CNN is left of centre, MSNBC even more left of centre but none of their aces, while serving the left, twist the truth the way Fox News does. IMHO

I doubt it was a bio weapon-it would have had to be far more lethal to work.
But I do think governments set out to frighten people and were amazed at the mass compliance during lockdowns.
They certainly weren't part of pandemic plan in Britain.
But folk became terrified by a virus that was less lethal than flu.
And if you convince people that merely stepping over the doorstep is likely to kill them you can persuade them to comply with anything.
I never believed lockdowns were necessary and no one will ever convince isolating the healthy was a good idea.

Who do you think "they" are?
The World Economic Forum and their most influential members like Bill Gates. What makes him a "health expert" of any kind? World leaders. The WEF admittedly spent decades penetrating cabinets with young future world leaders loyal to WEF agenda. Royalty. Unelected health experts. We didn't vote them into the government position they now hold. To name a few.

To be more specific I'd have to PM you.

I am not on the right. I'm not on the left anymore either. I'm someone who enjoys discussing unknowns with everyone regardless of political ideology which I no longer subscribe to. Just to have an open debate free from censorship and taking sides which do not help us to solve a problem but further divide us.

Such open discussion is what interests me.
Could not agree more. I could say pretty much the same.

I doubt it was a bio weapon-it would have had to be far more lethal to work.
But I do think governments set out to frighten people and were amazed at the mass compliance during lockdowns.
They certainly weren't part of pandemic plan in Britain.
But folk became terrified by a virus that was less lethal than flu.
And if you convince people that merely stepping over the doorstep is likely to kill them you can persuade them to comply with anything.
I never believed lockdowns were necessary and no one will ever convince isolating the healthy was a good idea.
Covid was very dangerous at first, Sweden and Brazil tried it your way! Sweden had to reverse policies very quickly because deaths mounted, especially among older people, and Brazil ended up with mass graves!
https://www.nytimes.com/article/brazil-coronavirus-cases.html?auth=login-google1tap&login=google1tap

This is an interesting article I found on Sweden. IMO, I think they handled it better than others who completely shut their countries down. Especially with how the children have been the ones to suffer the most out with the lock downs. It sounds like their kids have been much better off not being locked up like ours have been.

https://theconversation.com/did-swe...ays-it-did-but-it-let-the-elderly-down-188338

No.

Haven't read anything posted herein that reflects or shows an understanding of what true weapons grade bioweapons are capable of.

Although I'm certainly no authority, after the 911 attacks, there were a few "white powder" stories in media scares. After researching quite publicly available technical info, I thought about how WG anthrax might be used, and then speculatively wrote on a prominent news website how such might be easily deployed in a way no one would detect until it was all too late. Besides killing myriad humans, worse it would scare millions of people from living in large cities for years.

Despite large numbers of hideous, foul uncensored comments by others on the 911 attacks, my page long scenario apparently so scared authorities to the core that my post was immediately removed. With hindsight, will never publicly divulge it again.

Beyond the above, I've publicly speculated that sooner or later the Earth's ridiculous intractable "monkey problem" would be taken care of by either some secret rogue group using CRISPR bioweapon engineering or if as I speculate, Earth is rare in the Milky Way Galaxy zoo created by UIE's by those aliens.

Last edited:
I wasn't aiming my post at any individual here, I was merely summing up what I've seen. Climate change, which is obviously a whole other topic, is very real. But again, it's been weaponized by some who favor conspiracies. That pretty much prevents any serious discourse, imo.
Wait a minute. What makes you believe climate change is what they're saying it is and not to restrict our movements and tax us to death? And why do the elites fly their private jets which burn diesel and emit toxins into the atmosphere if they believed a word they are saying about climate change? It's to burden the slave class class. That's why.

jet meme.jpg
climate meme joke 8.jpg

Wait a minute. What makes you believe climate change is what they're saying it is and not to restrict our movements and tax us to death? And why do the elites fly their private jets which burn diesel and emit toxins into the atmosphere if they believed a word they are saying about climate change? It's to burden the slave class class. That's why.

Becasue my movements aren't restricted? And tax is applied broadly, not specifically. If by "elites" you mean the rich, they do it because they can afford to. You can't make people care. You can't control what the wealthy do, but you can do your best for your own loved ones.

No - a biological weapon would need to be much more targeted and much more lethal.
But what if it got out by mistake?

Since day one of the pandemic I have always been suspicious that it was a lab leak. I could totally see the government designing biological weapons in a lab somewhere.

I never bought that whole Wuhan market crap.

perhaps a double edged sword...covid and vax's???!!!
It's my understanding that the vax has been worked on since well before Covid-19.
Journey to Covid-19 Vaccine

So I don't really see the vax as a sword. They were forced to do something about the virus and quickly. I hate to think what would've happened without it.

I just feel like they lied to us because they didn't want us to know they'd been fiddling with it and an accident happened. God forbid their reps get tarnished. :rolleyes:

A part of me wonders if the general public would've been more accepting and trusting if the govt had told the truth from the beginning.

I also don't think this is the last of things we are going to see coming.

Based on things I've watched on tv and a stray YouTube video and read in Science Magazine there are more things that may come from global warming. This stuff is just the beginning.

My worry is how many vaccines are we gonna need in the future just to survive all this crap that may be coming?

Just recently @hollydolly posted about a virus spread by ticks that may be requiring a vaccine. You can read that here...
Killer 'eye-bleeding' virus is found in France for first time

Last edited:

Back