What are you doing today 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning all....cold here again, but it is winter time...just had a bug do a kami kaze flight into my first cuppa....not very
thoughtful is it ??!!!unsue what i am up to today, may do some
online grocery or not...any way, aches n pains, and stll hard to
breathe at times....oh well.....make it a great day okay!!!!??;)

emoticon
My knee has been giving me a lot of grief, lately. I'm actually looking forward to having it checked out after the Holidays. So....add my name to the injured list!

emoticon
Yesterday I played some Christmas music, and put up my indoor tree, along with a few other items. (Dio will do the outdoor tree and wreath) All of the lights and tinsel are very cheery. Although, my tinsel is getting old.....I'm seeing it on the carpet everywhere!!!!! I have a feeling that this will be it's last Christmas! 😉

That's all for now. I woke up with "zero" pain this morning!
emoticon
That means I will be heading out to the gym and then Wal-Mart today. Bye!

It is below 10 degrees here and we have had about 3 inches of snow but they expect more.

I see Buffalo and Upstate NY got quite a bit.

I got new brakes in past 2 months and new tires last fall so I feel safe-I have a 350 foot drop to the main highway but am not going to take chances anymore if the weather gets too bad.

Living at high elevation, often when I get to the main highway ,the weather is far different.

We all stock up for winter in my community but I realized I have overstocked in the past and there are very few days in the winter when we really cannot get to a food store.

My neighbor usually cleans out my driveway with his Kabota, in bad storms.

I dont have any problems with my TV dish-it is easy to clean if it fills with snow but my satelitte PC dish is affected by fog, drizzle, and heavy cloud covers we get into up here. The sun just started to shine brightly and north of me the skies are becoming bright blue!

We say around here , if you dont like the weather, wait 20 minutes and it will probably change!

@StarSong YUMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!

After baking all morning five days a week, baking anything doesn't appeal to me. Sigh.

It used to be my favorite thing to do, especially at the holidays.

@Sliverfox When I was a kid we lived in Michigan after the war, and venison was it for meat in the winter. I got pretty well "fed" up with it after a few years. Pun intended. Just can't do venison anymore.

There's positively brilliant sunshine today, but holy cow it's cold! And breezy. Not comfy sitting on the patio even with my parka and gloves on. Fooey.

Work was pleasant today. Pleasant. I found it hard to believe, but everything was done. What? Asked around if someone helped her, but no... IOW, she can do the work; she simply chooses not to. And my bitchy self rose to the forefront and reminded me that she's there eight hours. It took her eight hours to get it all done. But, hey! It did get done.

She doesn't start tomorrow until 11 (or whenever she gets there) so I'll only have to work with her for an hour. Yay.

Recovering from the worst episode of bleeding, clotting and stoppage since surgery back in April. This time it was painful and I was afraid that I would have to go to the E.R. but then an hour into the whole mess, everything cleared and has been fine since then.

These things keep reminding me to live each day with gratitude. One more day that I am with my loved ones, as well as with my beloved routine! Have you ever noticed how much you need routine as you get older, or am I alone in this?

Last edited:
Recovering from the worst episode of bleeding, clotting and stoppage since surgery back in April. This time it was painful and I was afraid that I would have to go to the E.R. but then an hour into the whole mess, everything cleared and has been fine since then.

These things keep reminding me to live each day with gratitude. One more day I am with my loved ones, as well as with my beloved routine! Have you ever noticed how much you need routine as you get older, or am I alone in this?
I find a daily routine is essential fpr us as we age. However, if we can't stray from it from time to time we will miss out on the simple joys available to us. I hope you heal soon!

These things keep reminding me to live each day with gratitude. One more day I am with my loved ones, as well as with my beloved routine! Have you ever noticed how much you need routine as you get older, or am I alone in this?
Did you call your doctor's office to let them know about the bleeding? You should give them a head's up whenever that happens.

I also like my routines, but they do get boring sometimes. So an unexpected visitor, discovering a racoon in the garage and a few other types of interruptions are welcome.

I also like my routines, but they do get boring sometimes. So an unexpected visitor, discovering a racoon in the garage and a few other types of interruptions are welcome.
Funny, I had a delivery that went to an apartment nearby as they showed a pic of it left at the door. So, I went to retrieve it and the door opened so I had to explain myself. Anyway, I made a new friendly neighbor.

Did you call your doctor's office to let them know about the bleeding? You should give them a head's up whenever that happens.
My doctor is aware of these "episodes" @Murrmurr because they happen fairly frequently with my bladder cancer. Trouble is, they usually clear quickly and if I got to the hospital and my urine was now clear, they would just send me home. I am going in again when things are clearly not clearing up!

My doctor is aware of these "episodes" @Murrmurr because they happen fairly frequently with my bladder cancer. Trouble is, they usually clear quickly and if I got to the hospital and my urine was now clear, they would just send me home. I am going in again when things are clearly not clearing up!
Yeah, I'd do the same; just let the doc know whenever it happens, but only go to a hospital when I know I need to.

And I'm betting you know when.

These things keep reminding me to live each day with gratitude. One more day that I am with my loved ones, as well as with my beloved routine! Have you ever noticed how much you need routine as you get older, or am I alone in this?
sorry you got such. scare OS... but I'm happy you're fine again...🤞

No, in answer to your question..I'm allergic to Routine.. always have been...it's a vexation to my soul

No real plans for today, very chilly day in Florida, 60 degrees! Your blood gets thinner after a while for a northern Yankee in the deep south, feeling cold is relative to your location.
where are you originally from ?..I like to get my bearing with US geography...correct me if I'm wrong..but NY.. Chicago, Boston, Philly.. are all of those North ?... it's a bit confusing because when we hear North America, we think of Canada et al..

where are you originally from ?..I like to get my bearing with US geography...correct me if I'm wrong..but NY.. Chicago, Boston, Philly.. are all of those North ?... it's a bit confusing because when we hear North America, we think of Canada et al..
Columbus, Ohio. I've scraping the ice off my windshield and drove through the snow and ice to work. I've been in Florida 20 years. Love it. I'll never live anyplace I can't walk outdoors and see a palm tree. Tell me is it as foggy in Britain as we see in the monster movies? 👻

Columbus, Ohio. I've scraping the ice off my windshield and drove through the snow and ice to work. I've been in Florida 20 years. Love it. I'll never live anyplace I can't walk outdoors and see a palm tree. Tell me is it as foggy in Britain as we see in the monster movies? 👻
No...back in the last century it was like that before the country became a smokeless zone..

It was industrial chimney smoke that caused most of it...

Strange thing is that every time people think of Canada as the Great White North, they forget about the diversity of the Canadian climate. Columbus, Ohio would most likely have a colder winter than anyone who lives in Nova Scotia, P.E.I. or New Brunswick!

Strange thing is that every time people think of Canada as the Great White North, they forget about the diversity of the Canadian climate. Columbus, Ohio would most likely have a colder winter than anyone who lives in Nova Scotia, P.E.I. or New Brunswick!
I remember watching a US reality TV show.. and some of the participants lived in Ohio.. a place called..Norwalk. Apologies to anyone who lived there but that place looked grim in the winter..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back