What are you doing today 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
huh ?..now that's confused me ?... who is Don Draper ?
Donald Francis Draper, born Richard “Dick” Whitman, is a fictional character and the protagonist of the AMC television series Mad Men, portrayed by Jon Hamm. At the beginning of the series, Draper is the charismatic yet enigmatic creative director at the fictional Manhattan advertising firm Sterling Cooper.
So now you know, probably not though. Me neither, Google is the cheat's impressive friend.

really ?.....

A lot of British can't speak the language properly either..:D. but I have to say I've heard some beautiful American accents... especially from the Southern states...
Southern accents are exaggerated in films. However, I visited Atlanta, Georgia when I was younger and the accent was just like that. Floridians really don't have an accent. I attribute that to all the retirees. Even the people who are native Floridians don't have a 'southern accent' that I have noticed. Alot less angry "rednecks" here than above the Mason Dixon" line.

Donald Francis Draper, born Richard “Dick” Whitman, is a fictional character and the protagonist of the AMC television series Mad Men, portrayed by Jon Hamm. At the beginning of the series, Draper is the charismatic yet enigmatic creative director at the fictional Manhattan advertising firm Sterling Cooper.
So now you know, probably not though. Me neither, Google is the cheat's impressive friend.
You're right..never heard of any of the 3 names or the television series... :D

Southern accents are exaggerated in films. However, I visited Atlanta, Georgia when I was younger and the accent was just like that. Floridians really don't have an accent. I attribute that to all the retirees. Even the people who are native Floridians don't have a 'southern accent' that I have noticed. Alot less angry "rednecks" here than above the Mason Dixon" line.
Not talking about films..I rarely ever watch films tbh.. but I do watch a lot of youtube videos.. some US reality shows.. like 90 day fiancé... and court tv..in fact I've literally just been watching the sentencing of Alex Murdaugh so that's all NC accents.. and all so polite, calling everyone , Mr, and Ma'am... and Sr.. etc .....so I think I'm hearing authentic accents...

I also like the New York accent as well.. harsh as it may be to some people's ears.. but they say that its dying out...

I've had this conversation on this forum before about accents.. and just about every American here..swears they have no accent... which is very funny.. because you all do.. and all distinctive to our ears...

Thank you for clarifying that!

Not talking about films..I rarely ever watch films tbh.. but I do watch a lot of youtube videos.. some US reality shows.. like 90 day fiancé... and court tv..in fact I've literally just been watching the sentencing of Alex Murdaugh so that's all NC accents.. and all so polite, calling everyone , Mr, and Ma'am... and Sr.. etc .....so I think I'm hearing authentic accents...

I also like the New York accent as well.. harsh as it may be to some people's ears.. but they say that its dying out...

I've had this conversation on this forum before about accents.. and just about every American here..swears they have no accent... which is very funny.. because you all do.. and all distinctive to our ears...
I'm not saying we don't have an accent, perhaps I might have one to your ears. Mr.. ma'am and sir are simply politeness we Americans still use daily. New York is a different vocabulary. Good people though.

Last edited:
What I did today was make new bows for my outside window swags and new bows for my two arch wreaths.
They are light goldish tan color with thin sparkle on each side of the ribbon.
Instead of replacing the fading dark maroon wreaths, I put the new ones, which are smaller, on top of the old and it looks great!
The light color matches the house and the dark maroon sets it off.
Mom, I'm crafty now! 😊

My day was a bit of a challenge. I had an appointment with my cardiologist which I didn't want to miss. Trouble is the route to his office goes right by the Carter Center. Today was the day for visiting dignitaries to visit in memory of Rosalynn Carter. There were three living presidents and four First Ladies expected. I managed to avoid the area by circling around on two interstates. I will have to watch the news to see how bad the traffic was.
Then I came home and made turkey soup with the frozen leftovers. All in all a pretty good day

Shopping day again. Home Bargains, ASDA (beside each other) then to Lidl and Tesco (again, beside each other but on the other side of town), on to the bypass and home again - car loaded with shopping, and pockets empty of money! At least all the stores have large free car parks.

Off to Germany at the weekend, so starting to look out winter clothing to pack.
Safe travels and enjoy Capt.

I've been awake since 4.20am... couldn't sleep more than 4 hours..

It's now 5.10am still dark but there's a white-out... everywhere covered in Ice....temp is 0 degrees..

I may go out today.. it;s set to be cold but sunny..., tomorrow morning is when I have my Cortisone injection in my knee.. they say don't exercise for a while afterwards.. so I may get a little exercise in today by going out and taking photos..

Last edited:
I've been awake since 4.20am... couldn't sleep more than 4 hours..

It's now 5.10am still dark but there's a white-out... everywhere covered in Ice....temp is 0 degrees..

I may go out today.. it;s set to be cold but sunny..., tomorrow morning is when I have my Cortisone injection in my knee.. they say don't exercise for a while afterwards.. so I my get a little exercise in today by going out and taking photos..
Beware of the ice! You can exercise indoors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back