What are you doing today 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
I always wanted to see England, my heritage is English and Scottish. Since the 60's London seemed the place to be to young Americans after the British invasion. :cool:

Really not too much to see here. Nice skyscrapers, Grand Canyon. America has such a short history, comparatively.

I always wanted to see England, my heritage is English and Scottish. Since the 60's London seemed the place to be to young Americans after the British invasion. :cool:
I am Scottish born and raised.. living in England now for the last 50 years..except for periods when I lived in various countries on the continent..

Really not too much to see here. Nice skyscrapers, Grand Canyon. America has such a short history, comparatively.
My wife and I have crossed the pond the the US probably more than fifty times. What struck me about your post was the short history comment. It's not deliberate but although we have been to the US many times, we have never been north of The Mason-Dixon line. I remember one night in a dance hall bar, discussing the myriad of reasons for the US civil war, a subject that so fascinates me, that our American friends described me as being Johnny Reb............in exile. I took that as a compliment.

Americans do have history even though it doesn't date back as far as the known European history. Much can be said about, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and to a lesser extent, South Africa. Today we accept that it is what it is, but the brutal reality is that we hijacked countries from their natives and transposed our way of life and our people upon their country.

I used to tease my American friends about their civil war. "Four years, call that a war?" None of them even knew that the English (not British) had a civil war that went on from 1642 to 1651.

No...back in the last century it was like that before the country became a smokeless zone..

It was industrial chimney smoke that caused most of it...
I remember it being very foggy in the winter, we lived at the bottom of a hill and had to walk up it to the bus stop to get one of two buses to school, even when I got to the top it would still be foggy. Not every day but often enough. I used to worry at night waiting for my dad to come home from work.

Just relaxing. Got a video message by my transgender author friend this morning. She's in Spain and even there, she said it was getting colder.

There was another harsh frost this morning and I expect the week will be no different.

Sometimes, it's fun to come here and read the texts, still is BTW. However, I've reduced my contributions. I've my reasons, it's me, no worries.

Waiting for last presents package to arrive this week. Hopefully, it would show up bit earlier but so far, no luck.

I'll leave it to this, later y'all 😃

Today My daughter and I pulled up to my older granddaughter’s school to pick her up… she just stood there kind of frozen for a minute then finally came and got in the truck.

“What took you so long?” Her mom asked.

“I didn’t recognize Grandma,” she said (I was wearing my sunglasses when we pulled up.) “I thought it was a suspicious old lady”

Today My daughter and I pulled up to my older granddaughter’s school to pick her up… she just stood there kind of frozen for a minute then finally came and got in the truck.

“What took you so long?” Her mom asked.

“I didn’t recognize Grandma,” she said (I was wearing my sunglasses when we pulled up.) “I thought it was a suspicious old lady”
That's hilarious!

Went to pick a prescription. I had 10 bucks in rewards so I used them on some Walkers Shortbread. I don't see them around here often.

On to Walmart neighborhood store. My goodness it was busier this afternoon than it was the night before Thanksgiving. I guess everyone ran out of leftovers at the same time. Got out of there for only $34.

It was so hot in the store. I had on a sweat suit becuase I thought it was chilly
outside. Not the case, I thought I was going thru menopause again. LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back