What are you doing today 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, all right. You know your neiborhood streets.
yes thanks for the concern, and I do have to be careful of slipping because I've got a dodgy knee which is being injected tomorrow with cortisone, so it would be horrible if I fell on it today... but if I do go out I'll be careful...

Well as many of you know by now, it's almost impossible to see a Doctor here in the UK...now..

My doctors' surgery urge anyone who needs to speak to a doctor on the same day most appointments now are by telephone.. to ring before 10am.. .

The surgery opens at 8am... so to be in with a chance you really need to ring before 8.30am..

It's now 8.07am ... I rang the surgery at precisely 10 seconds to 8...got the message that the surgery was closed... I rang back at precisely 8am on the dot.. and was told I'm Number 16 in the Queue :oops::oops::oops: How ?... god alone knows but here I am now at 8.10am..on hold... and being told I'm currently number 12 in the Queue... *sheesh*

Last edited:
I'm furious, I'm really upset to the point of tears... I was told when I eventually got through , to book an appointment online. When I tried to do this it wouldn't connect.. so now I've rung the surgery again at 8.30am.. to be told all appointments have gone for today... .. and to try another day.

I'm refusing to do that because this was their fault and not mine.. so I'm again on hold to speak to a receptionist.. and I'm on hold again..caller number 19 :mad:

Last edited:
I'm furious, I'm really upset to the point of tears... I was told when I eventually got through , to book an appointment online. When I tried to do this it wouldn't connect.. so now I've rung the surgery again at 8.30am.. to be told all appointments have gone for today... .. and to try another dya.

I'm refusing to do that because this was their fult and not mine.. so I'm again on hold to speak to a receptionist.. and I'm on hold again..caller number 19 :mad:
In these situations I say to myself "They're not going to win!"
Then I muster up all my patience to wait them out, calmly calling until I get what I need.
Don't let them win HD! Keep at them.

It's a rather difficult few days here,
Between DH and I both feeling poorly.

I've been trying to focus on the most important priorities for us, and on coping with the stress and worry that I feel.

Having warm broth now, in the very early morning, and then will try to get more sleep.
Thinking of all of you.

Hope you get sorted Hollydolly. Fortunately I haven't needed to see the quack for a while, but I had a really stupid experience trying to book an appointment. I was passing the surgery so I dropped in and asked to make an appointment. I was told that I had to phone to make an appointment, so I went outside, phoned on my mobile and made one for the following day!

Well I eventually got through ..different receptionist, explained the reason why it's urgent I see a Doctor today, and the frustration of trying to make an appointment this morning.. and she magically produced 3 separate times which were available, ... just goes to show how they block appointments when they decide to... ..so today I have an appointment at mid-day...

Got some cookie dough that needs finished/ cut & baked.
Mop kitchen floor,, son tried to clean it up after getting venison done.

Go with hubby to see the doctor this afternoon to learn results of his scan.

Very cold here 19* but sunny.
Mac hasn't been outside,, yet.

May take him down & out basement door.
Bit of shelter from the wind as wood pile under the back porch.

Afternoon folks... it's 2.30pm now..I've been to the doctors..locum of course.. who seemed to think everything was highly amusing... not amusing when you're there for an emergency appointment which means one must be in relative pain.. as I was... *sigh*... anyway I got meds.. so I've got to hope the meds work, I really don't want to go through this pallaver again...

Glorious sunshine.. very cold day , ice all melted as I predicted... when I left the docs I walked into town and had a drink while waiting for my prescription to be ready that he'd sent electronically to the pharmacy...

Got home to find the postman had left my new half step which I ordered from Amazon..no idea why amazon didn't deliver given it was Prime, and I have some prime deliveries coming this afternoon... oh well..

This is the Holly tree and berries in the grounds of my Docs surgery..

winter-Holly-tree-HD.jpg

winter-holly-tree-2-HD.jpg

where I went for my drink..

pub-Prac-Nov-HD.jpg

Last edited:
Spent the morning at the vets. My dog is quite ill, and not himself. They say he'll be fine, but it's going to take a couple weeks for him to return to normal. I was/am panicked, because the fellow is much loved. Some people think loving a dog is silly, but I'm not one of them. He's a good dog, and I hate to see him ill.

Other than that, I'm internetting.,

Spent the morning at the vets. My dog is quite ill, and not himself. They say he'll be fine, but it's going to take a couple weeks for him to return to normal. I was/am panicked, because the fellow is much loved. Some people think loving a dog is silly, but I'm not one of them. He's a good dog, and I hate to see him ill.

Other than that, I'm internetting.,
No-one around here thinks loving a dog is silly.. I adore my grandfurkids... my Daughter adores her Furkids, like they were her children.. we all sob like babies when they die...

I've been awake since 4.20am... couldn't sleep more than 4 hours..

It's now 5.10am still dark but there's a white-out... everywhere covered in Ice....temp is 0 degrees..

I may go out today.. it;s set to be cold but sunny..., tomorrow morning is when I have my Cortisone injection in my knee.. they say don't exercise for a while afterwards.. so I my get a little exercise in today by going out and taking photos..
It's cold but lovely and bright. I like taking photos at this time of year, especially on misty days when all the buildings just fade away into the mist. :)

Well, I have been to bed twice to try and sleep with no luck. I am back up again and remembered to call the doc on a refill of my nausea medication.
I have called it into the pharmacy twice but they are not getting a call back from the doctor. They should call the end of the day to let me know what the problem is.

I picked up a refill on my sleeping pills yesterday. I want to take one so bad but it is not a good idea at this time of day. I am just going to see if I can get thru until this evening. Then I will take one.

I picked up a refill on my sleeping pills yesterday. I want to take one so bad but it is not a good idea at this time of day. I am just going to see if I can get thru until this evening. Then I will take one.
Have you considering taking a half or even a quarter, if you have a pill splitter. Just enough to make you relax. Set your alarm for a couple of hours and get up no matter how tired you are.

Americans do have history even though it doesn't date back as far as the known European history. Much can be said about, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and to a lesser extent, South Africa.
Americans, Canadians, Aussies, NZers and South Africans all had histories before Europeans showed up on our shores and presumed to start the history clock upon their arrival and conquests, and colonization.

Indigenous people's histories were repeated over generations through song, stories, traditions and dance.

Have you considering taking a half or even a quarter, if you have a pill splitter. Just enough to make you relax. Set your alarm for a couple of hours and get up no matter how tired you are.
I took a muscle relaxer already. I suffer from chronic migraine, so I take a bunch of different things for that. I have learned when I can take things so as not to have to much of anything on board.

I have already taken two loads of things down to my storage locker this morning. Also I am copying photos from my old computer to a new USB drive. Still doing that but I was able to cook some food while it was doing that. We got a little bit more snow during the night. When I got up it was 23 degrees and it has gone up to 30 now. My Lymphedema has gone way down since I started doing all the things I am supposed to do. Going to stick with it no matter what now. If I see improvement I know what I am doing is working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back