What are you doing today 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Listen up, y'all. In case you don't think The Hovel is really as small as I say, I woke up from a nap at 9:15. Didn't dig out the little Christmas tree or wrap any gifts, but did vacuum, washed dishes, started a load of laundry, took out the trash. No. No dusting. Can't be rushing into things.

I was done before 10.

I live in Lilliput ;)

Perhaps I’ll put up the Christmas ornaments and lights in the front window. When we go walking at night, I’ve been admiring all the homes that are lit up. Maybe tomorrow, since I’ve always had Dec. 1st as the earliest start day. Maybe it’s better to keep cleaning out kitchen cupboards, etc. I need to get things to one of the food banks.

I’d feel the same.

Is it your right or left knee. Must be hard driving. Just thinking; you have a clutch so a challenge for either leg.
yes the pain is in both knees but the right knee is so painful it keeps me awake at night. I thought I was just having the right knee done.. so I was happy to hear she was going to do both knees today, and when I asked her why, she said because there was significant swelling in the left knee as well.. ( that was a couple of weeks ago when she examined me)

It's very painful to drive.. which is why I only go out one a week or less...because as you rightly say I have a manual, so clutch control etc..., so between the painful nights, and the pain walking up and downstairs at home as well as driving, I was really looking forward to having this done today.. because it takes about another 2 to 3 weeks to work... so i thought I'll be in much less pain for the drive to DD' in the middle of December..

it seems that you have to be 2 weeks free of the last day of taking them before they can go ahead with the cortisone injections..

Talk about disappointed and furious at the same time... !! so now my new date is the 21st of December !!
Oh Holly, I'm so sorry that the doctor screwed this up. That you have to be in pain an additional three weeks is simply maddening.

Perhaps I’ll put up the Christmas ornaments and lights in the front window. When we go walking at night, I’ve been admiring all the homes that are lit up. Maybe tomorrow, since I’ve always had Dec. 1st as the earliest start day. Maybe it’s better to keep cleaning out kitchen cupboards, etc. I need to get things to one of the food banks.
I was putting the wheelie bin out on the pavement last night in the dark.. and I could see a house way at the end of the road..lit up like a fairground.. seriously... I'll have to take a walk along there and have a look, when I think of it one night

Oh Holly, I'm so sorry that the doctor screwed this up. That you have to be in pain an additional three weeks is simply maddening.
thanks Star.. the trouble is it'll be at least 5 more weeks.. because 3 weeks until the procedure then at least 2 weeks for it to take effect is what she told me today... :(

got there 20 minutes before my appointment to ensure a parking space... and eneded up still waiting to be called an hour and 20 minutes later.. anyhoo, just as I was asking how much longer it would be I was called in.

She told me I was having BOTH knees done today.. so I was very surprised, but very pleased... save me going through another dragged out wait for the other knee to be done.

She started going through her medical check-list..usual stuff.. Heart probs, metal in the body, High blood pressure, diabetes..etc etc..long list.. No to all... then she said... and you haven't taken antibiotics in the last 5 days... and I said yes... I started a course of AB's just yesterday.. and I told the doctor specifically ( the locum at the surgery)... that I was having the knee done today..he never said a thing..

She said, that was unprofessional of him ( well who would have guessed, I swear that locum was on something)...and he would have absolutely known I couldn't get the knee done while on antibiotics.. .. so she had to cancel today... it seems that you have to be 2 weeks free of the last day of taking them before they can go ahead with the cortisone injections..

Talk about disappointed and furious at the same time... !! so now my new date is the 21st of December !!
Geeze Holly, so sorry about this after all you went through! You have the worst luck it seems with medical appointments. I hope the next attempt will be successful.

I put up a small lighted gold star atop my 4 ft Alberta pine out in front. Battery operated.
Yesterday I hung a wreath at the front window and a similar one on the door.

I don't put up a tree anymore. It's hell for me taking it all down.

Later today I am finally getting my hair cut!
how short ?...

Yipes, groundskeepers are on my roof. In a moment, the gas leaf-blower will begin. They're clearing out the gutters.

There are rumors of a movement to ban gas powered leaf blowers, by the way.
They, gas powered mowers and other "SOREs" (small off-road engines) will be banned for sale in CA effective Jan 1, 2024. Electrics are much quieter and far less polluting. Most gardeners have already switched over.

They, gas powered mowers and other "SOREs" (small off-road engines) will be banned for sale in CA effective Jan 1, 2024. Electrics are much quieter and far less polluting. Most gardeners have already switched over.
I get confused...when you US folks say ''gas powered'' do you mean Gas as in the fuel you put in your car ( petrol/diesel) ?.. or do you mean actual ''gas'' powered...

so..after I left the hospital, it was too sunny a day for me to waste it..so I went to a nearby town and had my nails done in glittery red Christmas style... then had a coffee at the coffee house.
IMG-3167.jpg
.. took some pics... bought some more Christmas food..

IMG-3166.jpg
IMG-3168.jpg

well the day started well,got dressed went to cafe for breakfast,went to sit down,rip,me arse fell out of me jeans,grrr,finished brekki,held coat over me backside,got home and changed,went shopping.
finished shopping,jumped in car,rip,same thing happened,two pair of jeans in two hours,in the bin,,i guess they shrunk in the wash,lol
https://www.amazon.co.uk/mens-skirts/s?k=mens+skirts

Oh dear @jet maybe time to consider a man skirt :)

@hollydolly, I am going to go out and buy a small tree. I promised the grandson I would have a tree here this year. I will just get one like 3ft. that I can set on a side table. I also have a fiberoptic wreath to go above the fireplace.

The kids would put it up when they lived here, so he had his tree. I gave them my big tree for their house.

I may get it done today since I am awake in daylight. Have a mild migraine and some stiffness.

That was weird about the antibiotics. I had to take them before and after my hip replacement. They even want me to take them in the future when I see the dentist to avoid possible infection to that joint.

I get confused...when you US folks say ''gas powered'' do you mean Gas as in the fuel you put in your car ( petrol/diesel) ?.. or do you mean actual ''gas'' powered...

Gasoline. The energy density of propane or CNG is too low at safe pressures to be effective as a small engine fuel.

I've always been shocked by the prevalence of diesel in Europe. It was a really bad bet made in the EU economies, creating far more dangerous pollutants than cleaner fuels like gasoline. The particulates alone have hair-raising impacts on health. That's probably a reason for the big EV push there and capping urban speed limits so drastically.

Finished up putting away lawn care equipment for the season. Got a ladder around to see if I needed to fix some damage: a couple of fat raccoons got up thee last night.

Off to the pharmy soon to pick up prescriptions, maybe check into wrapping materials sales. Pretty sure I'm set for gifts now.

:ROFLMAO: Didn't intend to write "pharmy" but I like it and may use it again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back