What are you doing today 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
not gonna do much today,its 08.25 here,minus 2,with a high of 3c today,so gonna sit around,maybe gonna do a bit of painting,,
That's like a summer's day up here. It's been -5 overnight and maybe reach 0 ° if we're lucky. We're packing our bags and are off to Germany on Sunday morning. The weather doesn't seem to be affecting flights so as long as the roads are OK, we're off.

That's like a summer's day up here. It's been -5 overnight and maybe reach 0 ° if we're lucky. We're packing our bags and are off to Germany on Sunday morning. The weather doesn't seem to be affecting flights so as long as the roads are OK, we're off.
Same here solid ice..minus 5 overnight.. now 1 deg C... absolute white out again... . I've put the heating on, because it's just 12 deg in the house.. so I'll let it come up to 17 deg, before turning the heating off, not warm, but bearable.. ... there's a limit to how much cold is healthy...

In the meantime I've got a hot bacon roll and hot tea....

I went on my early morning walk at 6:15, temp was 48, the 2 inches of snow we got on Weds has melted,yesterday was a beautiful sunny day high was 52
Marcia called me last night asked if I could come at 8am to dog sit Tage, my buddy boy for a couple hours. I said Yes' its a perfect way to start the new month'

Once again I have been up all night. At least I have done many household chores. The top oven now is covered in vinegar/baking soda paste so it can be scrubbed clean. The kitchen fridge has been cleaned out of leftovers that were old, then wiped down on the shelves and drawers.

Yesterday,some years ago was another day. I was at work just returned from the Thanksgiving weekend that year. I received a call from our home health nurse. My husband was at home recuperating after a brain surgery in late September. It had been a hard fall season for us.

The nurse was coming every other day to check on him and draw blood. She informed me that there was a problem in his bloodwork that morning and he needed to go into the hospital. I only worked 5 minutes from home so I was there quickly. My son helped me get him in the car and off we went. He was admitted straight to ICU because of his situation.

I stayed at the hospital until midnight then went home to get a few hours of sleep. I was back the next morning at 6AM. All seemed to be going well, he was awake, alert. At noon I went down to the cafeteria to get some lunch. The overhead speaker came on calling a code blue. It took a few seconds and I realized it was for his room.

I ran to the elevator and back to ICU. His room was full of doctors and nurses working on him. I just fell to the floor. The doctor came out, led me to a chair and told me he was gone. Just like that on December 1st at 12:34 he left this world. So, if you have a minute at that time today, tell him I still miss him,

Once again I have been up all night. At least I have done many household chores. The top oven now is covered in vinegar/baking soda paste so it can be scrubbed clean. The kitchen fridge has been cleaned out of leftovers that were old, then wiped down on the shelves and drawers.

Yesterday,some years ago was another day. I was at work just returned from the Thanksgiving weekend that year. I received a call from our home health nurse. My husband was at home recuperating after a brain surgery in late September. It had been a hard fall season for us.

The nurse was coming every other day to check on him and draw blood. She informed me that there was a problem in his bloodwork that morning and he needed to go into the hospital. I only worked 5 minutes from home so I was there quickly. My son helped me get him in the car and off we went. He was admitted straight to ICU because of his situation.

I stayed at the hospital until midnight then went home to get a few hours of sleep. I was back the next morning at 6AM. All seemed to be going well, he was awake, alert. At noon I went down to the cafeteria to get some lunch. The overhead speaker came on calling a code blue. It took a few seconds and I realized it was for his room.

I ran to the elevator and back to ICU. His room was full of doctors and nurses working on him. I just fell to the floor. The doctor came out, led me to a chair and told me he was gone. Just like that on December 1st at 12:34 he left this world. So, if you have a minute at that time today, tell him I still miss him,
:cry::cry::cry:🥹🤗

Yesterday my carpet cleaner came. Such a nice guy - perpetually in a great mood, shows up on time, is efficient, trustworthy and does a terrific job. Even though he's self employed I always give him a fat tip because I'm outside of the usual area he services. Plus gave him a tray of cookies, because it would really be dirty pool to have him clean my dining room with all those cookies on the table and not send him home with some...

Didn't sleep worth a hot damn last night, 11-3:30 am. Gave up at 4:30.

I'd planned to make pizza doughs yesterday but as happens after an acupuncture appointment, I ran out of initiative. So dough is top of the list this morning after DH wakes up. (I tend to be a noisy baker.) I've got pizza dough down to a pretty efficient system - 20 doughs should take 2 hours-ish. Since they'll only get a one day cold rise instead of my usual two, I'll compensate by letting them rise a bit before putting them in the fridge.

Might make one or two additional types of cookies today - will see where the day brings me. After that, it'll be a matter of daily baking to replenish after parties and shipments to relatives and friends. Shipping starts Monday.

Late start today. Gutters were supposed to be cleaned yesterday but there was roadwork and it scared the cleaning company away. Think they will retry today. Road is newly paved and I think it might be finished. I did have to run over some of their cones to get into my street yesterday. Oops.

Around the property, we're pretty well completely ready for winter. Outdoor temp has been coming up a few degrees above freezing during the day, with some hazy overcast. Very mild snow is predicted for today.

Among good things to do in such weather: Yesterday I started putting my office in better order. Mostly sifting through papers & publications, discarding many, filing others. I got on a roll. I want to continue today, but since this process will take me a while, I also want a change of pace from this chore.

I have two minor design/making tasks in mind. One is to make a part to repair a floor lamp, found discarded. It's a utilitarian-looking thing, but will be useful in my shop. It has a sort of tripod base that's broken, but I've conceived of a way to fix it. Just need to make a small part. Also we have a hydraulic wood splitter, and I've conceived of a part I can make to add to it that will increase its ease of use. So I think I'll do those things today too.

Last edited:
A little cooler today and instead of sunny we have drizzle. So far, in between the drips, I "polished" the inside of my car windows. Bad enough to have windows steamy or frosty once the cold sets in without streaks and spots from earlier wet-washes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back