What are you doing today 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gasoline. The energy density of propane or CNG is too low at safe pressures to be effective as a small engine fuel.

I've always been shocked by the prevalence of diesel in Europe. It was a really bad bet made in the EU economies, creating far more dangerous pollutants than cleaner fuels like gasoline. The particulates alone have hair-raising impacts on health. That's probably a reason for the big EV push there and capping urban speed limits so drastically.
Diesel vehicles may have been a major polluter in the past, but modern diesels are much cleaner especially with the addition of particle filters. They are more efficient than petrol engined vehicles and are the best choice for goods vehicles. One major source of pollutants from all vehicles, including electric, is microscopic particles form the tyres.

Gasoline. The energy density of propane or CNG is too low at safe pressures to be effective as a small engine fuel.

I've always been shocked by the prevalence of diesel in Europe. It was a really bad bet made in the EU economies, creating far more dangerous pollutants than cleaner fuels like gasoline. The particulates alone have hair-raising impacts on health. That's probably a reason for the big EV push there and capping urban speed limits so drastically.
Gasoline..your word for Petrol... ?

@hollydolly, I am going to go out and buy a small tree. I promised the grandson I would have a tree here this year. I will just get one like 3ft. that I can set on a side table. I also have a fiberoptic wreath to go above the fireplace.

The kids would put it up when they lived here, so he had his tree. I gave them my big tree for their house.

I may get it done today since I am awake in daylight. Have a mild migraine and some stiffness.

That was weird about the antibiotics. I had to take them before and after my hip replacement. They even want me to take them in the future when I see the dentist to avoid possible infection to that joint.
I asked her why.. and she said it's because when you're given antibiotics you're immune system is below par, and when hydro-cortisone is introduced to the body especially in a double dose like I;m to have.. it lowers the bodies immune system further.. and they try and ensure every patients' body is in the best physical health it can be to ensure the cortisone ''takes'... if the immune system is too low there's a very good chance the cortisone will not work, which is why it has to be cleared out of the system completely after taking a course..

I asked her why.. and she said it's because when you're given antibiotics you're immune system is below par, and when hydro-cortisone is introduced to the body especially in a double dose like I;m to have.. it lowers the bodies immune system further.. and they try and ensure every patients' body is in the best physical health it can be to ensure the cortisone ''takes'... if the immune system is too low there's a very good chance the cortisone will not work, which is why it has to be cleared out of the system completely after taking a course..
Good to know, I may have to get same type of injections in neck for pinched nerves..

Having pizza and relaxing. Helped a coworker with some christmas shopping. Our hospital is hosting 33 families for christmas. Her and I both got toys for the little girls. I ordered mine ahead and helped her shop for them today at Walmart.

Gonna relax and watch tv here pretty soon.

Cutting up a large deer that my wife hit with the car. The car is expected to be totaled but the deer was in remarkably good shape. Apparently our compact car absorbed a lot of the impact. The hood was greatly caved in. Now we deal with insurance but and maybe getting another AWD car. We have an old 4WD 99 Chev Suburban and our low miles 08 Toyota Corrola so we have transportation for the two of us. And we have a 99 Toyota Camry that our daughter drives. Would rather not wear out that 08 and it is not AWD.

Getting ready to hit the sack. Imagine going to bed at 7:15. Sigh.

Tomorrow is going to be another great day in the bakery because I get to work alone. That is, TL is off tomorrow. Yay. Sir might or might not turn up. He's officially on vacation, but if he comes in that's a bonus.

We're supposed to have a rainy weekend. Heaven knows we're desperate for rain, and it gives me an excuse not to trudge around the garden.

Yesterday during the fan club presale successfully purchased two each GA general admission field level standing room zone for The Rolling Stones, Hackneyed Diamonds Tour concert in San Francisco Levi Stadium on July 17, 2024. Will add some information that may help others. Note, today 11/30/2023 began public sales. So will be able to stand and dance at the stadium field level, the way rock concerts ought be experienced.

The Ticketmaster process has changed given the Swift concert issues but is still rather awkward. Got into the Waiting Room 15 minutes before the sale began. When I first got into the seat selection Queue, the GA seats were showing $315 each not including fees/tax. Way above what I was willing to spend. So went up and looked at nose bleed upper stadium seats and that showed a single section cheapest at $167 that I also would not have paid either. Most seats anywhere were above $200.

But drilled down and after entering a fan club Code, some seat values changed. The GA standing room was now showing less than half at $147. Tried to buy 2 GA tickets four times but each time that ended by showing those tickets have already been sold.

Thus changed to buy just one ticket and oddly, that worked. They added $43 in fees and taxes for $190 total. The most I've ever paid for any event tickets. After processing it kicked me back into the Waiting Room. I soon was back in the Queue and saw the same $315 GA cost so went through the same nose bleed seat sequence and successfully bought a second for the same amount.

Later logged in to Ticketmaster MyAccount and that incorrectly showed I'd bought only one ticket. So left a message in their Help contact. Suspect a database bug erased data fields when I had to go in twice. Since they had sent 2 billing emails with different times sent and purchase order numbers, that ought soon be fixed.

Last edited:
Cutting up a large deer that my wife hit with the car. The car is expected to be totaled but the deer was in remarkably good shape. Apparently our compact car absorbed a lot of the impact. The hood was greatly caved in. Now we deal with insurance but and maybe getting another AWD car. We have an old 4WD 99 Chev Suburban and our low miles 08 Toyota Corrola so we have transportation for the two of us. And we have a 99 Toyota Camry that our daughter drives. Would rather not wear out that 08 and it is not AWD.
I assume your wife is ok.

Michael Z's Roadkill Cafe
You kill it
We'll grill it

🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌🦌

Specials on Venison this week

They, gas powered mowers and other "SOREs" (small off-road engines) will be banned for sale in CA effective Jan 1, 2024. Electrics are much quieter and far less polluting. Most gardeners have already switched over.
I have an Ego Leaf Blower that works off the same battery that runs my lawn mower & snow blower. This blower is way more powerful than the plug-in one I had before. I would say it's equal to a gas blower and I have never run the battery out using it for over an hour. It's even got a Turbo button that doubles the blowing power when needed.

Now, when it comes to commercial use, you would have to have an extra battery & a charger plugged in somewhere to keep one battery charged for your next job. The batteries charge in about 15-20 mins.

I have to say, battery operated home maintenance equipment has come a long way in the past few years. The bonus is that they are almost NO maintenance. Gas powered equipment ... not so much!

Went to the supermarket this morning. Made some business calls this afternoon. Also my oldest grandson and I had a two hour conversation during which we discussed my computer problems. We both concluded that I should just go ahead and get a new one. He was so cute giving me advice on how to go about it; especially not making any snap decisions. We also discussed and looked through pictures and videos of an apartment complex I emailed him. We both love checking out what luxury apartments have to offer. We also talked about our TV and movie recommendations.

I had a lot of large oak rounds I had cut earlier in the year, and I finally got access to a powered wood splitter, so I ran through them all today and got everything split up, and then I had to re-stack them back in the garage. Got it all done, and the mess cleaned up, so I'm good to go on firewood for the year, with plenty to share if others run short.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back