What are you doing today 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning seems to get here earlier and earlier. Used to wake up around 4, then 3:30. Now it's about 3. Why don't I just get rid of the bed and stay up? I could use the bedroom for something else...

TL's last day in the bakery and she doesn't start until 11 or whenever she decides to drop in so I won't have to be bothered for more than just a few minutes. Yippee.

Time to start moving around and stuff. Y'all have a dandy day.

Son & grandson coming today. Son wanted us to see the new Godzilla, but I told him not appropriate for a five year old, especially because of subtitles. Anything we do today will be wonderful because I am with them.

They have their Xmas decorations in my basement storage bin. Son will get that stuff today for his home.

Do you live near Wrexham and do you follow the football there. Ryan Reynolds and Rob McElroy are owners and they are vigorous in the support for the team. They’re famous American actors.
Nowhere near….but I have a friend who lives there.
But he’s a Warrington rugby fan.
There is a tv series about this venture..I can’t remember what it’s called.
My game was, predictably,a victim of the freezing weather.

Morning folks.....33F here this morning, house stays cold durn it...slept fairly well....no big plans for the day yet...got to straighten up a bit as carelady comes in tomorrow...catch u later....:cool: oh oh just figured out this is Saturday, not sunday...guess my mind took a flip.......

Last edited:
I've got the laundry on.... another 15 minutes and it'll be ready for the dryer...

I've dried out the freezer in the barn today after all the ice and freezing temps last night , the freezer was soaking wet so I turned on the humidifier for a couple of hours.. tomorrow it's supposed to rain so the HD will have to be on all day...:cautious:

I've scrubbed and bleached the floors and the sinks today.... ..so the whole place smells of bleach, had to have the back door open to dissipate the smells despite there being frost on the ground...

Unwrapped my new keyboard and had a little play of it.. quite surprised at how well I've picked it up .. I was so impressed with the music I was playing, I nearly got up to dance, and then I remembered.. errm.. I couldn't lol... :ROFLMAO:I'm going to like it I think... :D

Last edited:
@Kaila,,Doctor suggested trying an over counter product for dairy intolerance.
He bought Dairy Relief at Walmart.

It seems to be helping him.
Yesterday we drove around trying to find a Bargain Cave that I had seen the ad for.

Of course I thought it would be an easy find,,it wasn't .
Got to see some roads we hadn't been on for several years.
Came home emptied handed.

I thought he would suggest we head to N.Y. to the big indoor flea market up there.
It's in an old Penny store , extends into other old stores on either side of the mall.
Hallway has stuff in it also.

You can spend all day looking.

My DW has been broken for about 3 years. Thank goodness I have one again. They really do save money and water!
I wish I had the space for one here.. but I had to choose between a dryer or a dishwasher.. I chose the former.. I'm glad I did , but I still wish I had the space for a dishwasher.
I have one in Spain because over there unlike here, the washer and dryer are in the utility room

Last edited:
I'm home and tired. Rainy and cool here.

DD wants me to go shopping with her and DGD. Oy. I'll go but don't really want to be out in crowds. Or the rain, either.

This morning was interesting. When the bakery phone rings, I only answer if I'm the only one there. When it started ringing TL was standing right next to it. I heard her saying, "No. No, that's not possible. I'm sorry, we'd need at least a week's notice." After she hung up started laughing and laughing. Seems the caller wanted 400 Christmas decorated cupcakes to pick up before 10 tomorrow morning. 400. Decorated for Christmas. As if! Sometimes we get some really nutty customers.

TL's last day in the bakery. Showed up around 6:15 and said Sir asked her to come in early. I doubt that; it's more likely that she called him and told him she wanted to be there early.

She was...er...somewhat displeased when she saw that she's scheduled 40 hours in the deli starting tomorrow. Somewhat. Said she'd quit before she'd work in the deli. (Let me help you with your coat and walk you to your car. LOL) I saw her bending the ear of one of the assistant store managers because she's clueless and has no idea that whatever she says gets passed along to others in management.

She has enough years to retire, just not collect benefits until she's whatever age. Doubt she'll quit.

I don't wanna go shopping. I don't wanna go out in the rain. I wanna take a nap. Indoors where it's warm and dry.

ETA: Oh, goody! DGD doesn't wanna go out in the rain, either. Yay! She wants to shop online. Suits me. Kohls sent me a bunch of %off coupons, so I said shop to your heart's content, send me the links to order, and there ya go!

Last edited:
As usual I'm wasting too much time on the computer watching YouTube videos etc. What I should be doing is preparing 7 layer dip to take to my building's potluck tonight. If I get it done soon then I'd have time to get out for a walk before all those potluck calories tonight. I could really use more self-discipline.

@hollydolly - what about a heated vest? (I worry about you sitting and getting chilled at your computer.)
heated vest.jpg

As usual I'm wasting too much time on the computer watching YouTube videos etc. What I should be doing is preparing 7 layer dip to take to my building's potluck tonight. If I get it done soon then I'd have time to get out for a walk before all those potluck calories tonight. I could really use more self-discipline.

@hollydolly - what about a heated vest? (I worry about you sitting and getting chilled at your computer.)
View attachment 317110
Bless you, but I;m fine with my own clothes... it's just my fingers that get frozen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back