What are you doing today 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are funny!!! :)
Snide is my middle name ;) It's why when she shows showed up 15-30 minutes after her shift starts started. I greet greeted her with "Nice that you could join us today."

See what I did there? Past tense since today's her last day "working" in the bakery. Of course, today should have been 6, but she turned up past that.

Deli manager will jerk a knot in her tail if when she's late.

On her way home from church, my wife passed by Trader Joe's to buy me a "Stolle" imported from Germany. OK, I was born in Nazi Germany, in my twenties I travelled around the globe (in 40 days by ship from Germany to Australia, in 21 days by ship to San Francisco, and in 12 hours by air to Munich,) and I still enjoy certain German food items. After breakfast I satisfied my "Wanderlust" (joy of hiking.) I never get tired of staring at the mountains that surround the so-called Inland Empire roughly 50 miles East of Los Angeles.

a little bit hazy today
San Gabriel Mountains -- behind lies the high desert, and further to the left is Los Angeles
San Bernardino Mountains -- with 11,503 feet the highest in Southern California, usually white by now; and a road goes up to 8,443 feet
San Jacinto Mountain -- behind is the low desert with Palm Springs, Palm Desert, Mecca, etc.; it has also a tramway to 8,516 feet
Santa Ana Mountains -- on the other side is Orange County and the Pacific Ocean

PS, between the San Gabriel and San Bernardino Mountains lies the San Andreas Earthquake Fault, from the Gulf of California in Mexico to north of San Francisco, that separates the North American and Pacific Tectonic Plates and is the source of earthquakes. The "big one" is overdue and will be devastating. In 50 million years, Los Angeles will be a neighbor of San Francisco.

IMGP0400.JPGIMGP0397.JPGIMGP0390.JPGIMGP0393.JPGIMGP0395.JPG

Last edited:
On her way home from church, my wife passed by Trader Joe's to buy me a "Stolle" imported from Germany. OK, I was born in Nazi Germany, in my twenties I travelled around the globe (e.g., by ship in 40 days from Germany to Australia, in 3 weeks by ship to San Francisco, and by air to Europe,) and I still enjoy certain German food items. After breakfast I satisfied my "Wanderlust" (joy of hiking.) I never get tired of staring at the mountains that surround the so-called Inland Empire roughly 50 miles East of Los Angeles.

My partner loves Stollen. Also Gluwein. Tis the time of year.

Babysitting this afternoon my grandson's Beagle puppy "Zero" (one of his cartoon character's heroes.) Chaos, but I shall survive. I can't take her on our evening walk. Based upon past experience, we would barely make 100 feet in one hour.

Top left: the barely one-year old Zero demands attention and prevents me from doing my work
Center: after permitting my dogs to investigating her, she turns the table around and starts chasing and dominating everyone else
Bottom left: the smallest and youngest steals everyone's leather bones and makes herself comfy on the bosses dog bed. Everyone is just staring at this feisty puppy.

IMGP0450.JPGIMGP0407.JPGIMGP0411.JPGIMGP0440.JPGIMGP0427.JPG

Last edited:
It was my intention to clean the house. But I napped a good part of the daylight hours. I also watched more of the finale of The Golden Bachelor than I intended to. I was going to break it up into parts, leave some for tomorrow, but I'll probably finish it tonight and continue watching one of the movies I started. Played some games on the phone. If I get to the house cleaning tonight, I'll be surprised. 🙃

Hubby & I went to a tiny town about 30 minutes away for lunch.
I thought their Christmas events were next weekend.

Craft show or something. goign on.
Parking was hard to find.
It seemed it took forever to get our meal.

We checked out a store with old items & some handicraft things.

Then went to another larger town to check out a grocery store that get salvage/damaged things.
We did buy some .

It was my intention to clean the house. But I napped a good part of the daylight hours. I also watched more of the finale of The Golden Bachelor than I intended to. I was going to break it up into parts, leave some for tomorrow, but I'll probably finish it tonight and continue watching one of the movies I started. Played some games on the phone. If I get to the house cleaning tonight, I'll be surprised. 🙃
Diva do you live in an apartment ?..if so, aren't you afraid of making noise during the night if you clean ? :unsure:

Diva do you live in an apartment ?..if so, aren't you afraid of making noise during the night if you clean ? :unsure:
I do live in an apartment, but I mostly use the Swiffer system for my floors. I have both dry and wet cloths and only use the vacuum when absolutely necessary. You'd be surprised how much dirt and dust is left on the floors after sweeping and vacuuming. Swiffering makes it apparent. I am very considerate of my neighbors, so when I need to vacuum, I do it during daylight hours...and not too early in the morning like our clueless maintenance man does sometimes when he's doing the outer halls.

Last edited:
I do live in an apartment, but I mostly use the Swiffer system for my floors. I have both dry and wet cloths and only use the vacuum when absolutely necessary. You'd be surprised how much dirt and dust is left on the floor after sweeping and vacuuming. Swiffering makes it apparent. I am very considerate of my neighbors, so when I need to vacuum, I do it during daylight hours...an not too early in the morning like our clueless maintenance man does sometimes when he's doing the outer halls.
I wondered because I know you as a very considerate person, and I just couldn't figure out how you could manage to do it at night and not wake the neighbours...now I know.. I should have guessed.. :D

@hawkdon I meant to respond to your reply about what I go through to get the laundry done. I read it while on my tablet but hate to reply more than one sentence when on there. Now I can't find your reply. You said if you had to [carry clothes up and down all those steps] you'd be stinky because you wouldn't do it (or words to that effect). Well, my body is not treating me unkindly like yours is, so I understand why you would be unwilling (or unable) to go through what I do to get it done. Also, I've been doing it for 52 years, except when the laundry room was closed for renovations, so I guess I'm used to it. ☺️

Well, Sylvester our cat is officially feline non grata today...

This afternoon I was walking from the kitchen to the dining room door (floor is tile) and he decides to act like a squirrel and shoot right across my path at full speed; and when I say right across my path, I mean I could feel his side brush against my legs as he zipped past.

Of course, I went down like a sack of potatoes (didn't help my shoes were a little wet from the rain outside) on my right side. Didn't break anything but I am a bit sore.

You can be sure I will be watching the little dickens like a hawk from now on.

Well, Sylvester our cat is officially feline non grata today...

This afternoon I was walking from the kitchen to the dining room door (floor is tile) and he decides to act like a squirrel and shoot right across my path at full speed; and when I say right across my path, I mean I could feel his side brush against my legs as he zipped past.

Of course, I went down like a sack of potatoes (didn't help my shoes were a little wet from the rain outside) on my right side. Didn't break anything but I am a bit sore.

You can be sure I will be watching the little dickens like a hawk from now on.
OMG...I hope the soreness goes away quickly. Glad you didn't break anything.

I never remember what I did in a day. Walked with a neighbour this morning. If I miss that morning walk, I don’t feel like I’ve exercised enough. Housework in the early afternoon. Went to two craft fairs. Walked DT. Had to improvise a different dinner after not defrosting the meat. Walked in the evening and then watched a weird movie. The roads are getting slick so we have to be careful of black ice. I do remember that I forgot to haul the Christmas lights until it was too late. Tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back