What are you doing today 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, yesterday I did get the painting done on that wall in my office. The office now looks a little messed up with the furniture moved around, pictures sitting atop a table, and various painting related things scattered about. Most of that should be put right by sometime later today.

Inspection I did this morning reveals I just have to do some touch-up on the wall here & there.

The pizza I made yesterday evening stayed in the oven a bit too long. The crust turned out, mm, cardboardy rather than pliant. So I patted the bottom of the crust with a little water, and put the remaining pizza into a plastic bag into the fridge overnight. My hope is it's improved when I next feel like eating pizza.
(P.S. Lunch time. I just checked that pizza, and the crust is now in fine condition. Worth knowing if any of you face the same issue sometime.)

Last edited:
Been on a buying spree for music.

First I bought a couple Kronos Quartet titles. I grabbed Requiem for a Dream and Dracula. The latter was composed by Philip Glass, the format Clint Mansell.

Then I came across a copy the the soundtrack to The Warriors (a movie from the late 70's). I've had this album since back in the day, but this new release has the original album, along with more musical cues making the "Complete Score". The original album was essentially all the songs, so this should be fun.

Next up was Brian Eno's score for Top Boy. This is a TV series, apparently. I got a copy of the "exclusive 500 copies" Silver pressing. Basically I just love Eno, and this one sounds like it's going to be great.

Then on to a couple compilation albums by the maestro, Ennio Morricone. Morricone is known for his soundtracks to Spaghetti Westerns, or later with lush orchestral scores, but those are not the ones that interest me. Early in his career (again, the 1970's) he wrote a lot of soundtracks to Giallo movies in Italy. They tend to be very moody, jazz inflected, and free form. Brilliant stuff. The two I bought were called "Giallo" and "Psycho", which are generic titles for various tracks from many films. There are five releases in this series, so I'll be missing "Lounge", "Passion", and "Western". I'll think about those, but I'm not in any rush.

In a weird twist of fate, all of these are double albums. I got four of them directly from the label, one from Ebay, and another from Amazon. Hopefully they'll get here before Christmas.

I have meat thawing in the fridge for chicken fried steak tonight and I am going to put together a meatloaf for the weekend. Mashed potatos and corn will be made to go with both.
@Blessed What time for supper tonight and tomorrow? I love chicken fried steak and meatloaf. Can we have biscuits, too, with the chicken fried steak?

Another thing...ditch the Coke. It's loaded up with caffeine. Ditch it even if not for the caffeine. Carbonated drinks are bad for the bones!

Gah! I should be walking the dog about now, but I don't have any eggs for the foxes.

Groceries arrive around 19:00-20:00. Once they've arrived, I'll walk the dog and feed the foxes.

@Blessed What time for supper tonight and tomorrow? I love chicken fried steak and meatloaf. Can we have biscuits, too, with the chicken fried steak?

Another thing...ditch the Coke. It's loaded up with caffeine. Ditch it even if not for the caffeine. Carbonated drinks are bad for the bones!

Dinner about 6, but we are having yeast rolls. Of course there will be cream gravy as well. Ice cream for dessert.

Glad you told me about the coke, did not know it was bad for my bones. Maybe that explains why my hip collapsed. Been a diet coke addict all my life.

It's sort of nice-ish outside. Not quite 60 and not quite sunny but not raining and not windy.

It was another lovely day in the bakery, even working alone.

Guess who showed up in the deli this morning? I can't figure out what's going on with her and haven't asked. I have a feeling that she found some kind of technicality to worm her way back into a job. Who knows? As long as she stays away from me, it's all good.

My vacay time is all hosed up, but I'm still off tomorrow. Scheduled to work next Saturday and I will but "selling" back PTO for that day just to get an extra day's pay on the check week before Christmas. Somehow it always happens that I spend more than expected so the extra day's pay will cover that, just in case, without having to move money out of savings.

The rest of my time will be taken after January 1. It's too complicated for a mere mortal to figure out so I'm not even gonna try.

I have a cousin who's about two sandwiches shy of a picnic, and we avoid him like the plague. He lives about 150 miles south of us (and I hope he stays there!). Haven't heard from him since Best Aunt died three years ago. Today, we got a FedEx delivery of a fully-cooked, smoked turkey from said cousin. What? I hope that lack of a thank you note sends him a clear message...

Tamales made in the store's deli for lunch today. Delicious. Now it's nap time🛌

I just had some laugh's at squirrels expense...purchased some
corn on the cob for local squirrels this winter, put two chunks on front porch railing, well these particular squirrels have never
seen this before, so they are literal;ly scared to approach the ears of corn, one finally nipped a kernal off, then another and
knocked the corn to porch deck, the other squirrel got so
scared of it he left....hahahah......ought to be an interesting winter with these two....apparently their parent didn't teach
them about ear corn!!!!

It's sort of nice-ish outside. Not quite 60 and not quite sunny but not raining and not windy.

It was another lovely day in the bakery, even working alone.

Guess who showed up in the deli this morning? I can't figure out what's going on with her and haven't asked. I have a feeling that she found some kind of technicality to worm her way back into a job. Who knows? As long as she stays away from me, it's all good.

My vacay time is all hosed up, but I'm still off tomorrow. Scheduled to work next Saturday and I will but "selling" back PTO for that day just to get an extra day's pay on the check week before Christmas. Somehow it always happens that I spend more than expected so the extra day's pay will cover that, just in case, without having to move money out of savings.

The rest of my time will be taken after January 1. It's too complicated for a mere mortal to figure out so I'm not even gonna try.

I have a cousin who's about two sandwiches shy of a picnic, and we avoid him like the plague. He lives about 150 miles south of us (and I hope he stays there!). Haven't heard from him since Best Aunt died three years ago. Today, we got a FedEx delivery of a fully-cooked, smoked turkey from said cousin. What? I hope that lack of a thank you note sends him a clear message...

Tamales made in the store's deli for lunch today. Delicious. Now it's nap time🛌
your nutty cousin sent you turkey?...perhaps he was telling you that he's sent the turkey to fill the missing 2 sandwiches of the picnic...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

What an interesting day. I ran some errands after the gym and ran into an old friend in the grocery. We hadn't seen each other over 10 years, I think. We talked till my groceries started to melt and I had to leave. She is retired now. We exchanged phone numbers so I think we will try to get together for lunch at some point. She recognized me but to tell the truth, I don't think I would have recognized her.

The unexpected happened today.

Hubby came home with his sweats pant leg tore.

Fortunately he was wearing a thick knee brace under them so he had a minor power saw cut above his knee!
I cleaned it, let it air , he applied Bag Baum to the wound .
Put a large bandied over it then tape to hold all in place.

Off he went ,,"Got to cut up those logs! Want to haul them out Monday!"

Needless to say my thoughts aren't worth repeating.🤬:devilish:

Talking of foxes... I have them visit my garden some nights but I rarely see them. Last night at dark I saw the biggest fox I've ever seen dash across the road and into my neighbours garden.. It was bigger than an Alsation and the biggest bushiest tail.. if I hadn't know it was wild I would have suspected it had been kept as a pet... it was in such prime condition

Had fun doing some holiday shopping!
Did you get something for @hollydolly? You know how unhappy she is about the rest of us getting gifts...

BTW, @hollydolly, I bet that's it! Cousin sent that so we could make two more sandwiches! Actually, a seven-course meal couldn't make him into a whole person. Maybe more to be pitied than censured because he was odd even as a child and only got odder and weirder with age. For starters...married seven times. Or five. He married two of his wives twice.

~Did the accounting for my son and me early this morning.
~Continued going through my threads here on the forum, so I can react and respond. There are many replies I missed and I certainly don’t want to seem rude.

~Attacking this house. Yes, ashamed to say that it’s overdue for a cleaning. I’ve been experiencing that Can’t Get Started-itis that @Nathan started a thread about. I cleaned the floors, dusted, loaded and ran the dishwasher. It's a countertop, which is a little more complicated and tedious to load than a full sized dishwasher.

~Listening to music all day. I played my favorite playlists while I did the chores. Later I listened to the last version of the song my son and I have been working on several times and made a list of the last bit of changes I wanted so he could begin working on the final mix.

~We spent three hours in the studio. There was more painstaking listening, analyzing and adjusting the mix until we got it just right. He still has to do minor engineer stuff, so thank goodness we both love the song. It's finally finished!

stillesque.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Back